Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Baby Memoires

odinsupreme

Hello People and ETs,

Once I was watching the NGC and they had a programme (double m) about aliens and abductions. There was one guy (somekind of professer) who said that abductions were memories of birth. The lights, the people looking down on you it all happends when you are born I a hospital (well, most of the hospitals have lights and people who look down on you). So what do you think of this?

Odin Supreme  8)

• Like 1

I have heard that the two experiences have many similarities.  Like the bright lights, the probing, many unfamilars standing around-well, a baby's never seen another human before then! Wasn't it the movie,"Fire in the Sky" where he floats around in the ship with a 'cord' attached to him? And he was dragged down a long tunnel?

NORA

Well, I meant the umbilical cord on all babies, compared to the guy in the movie, who's in a space ship with a 'cord' attached to him. The bright lights abductees claim to see, compared to most human births-in hospitals, with bright lights overhead.  The doctor, and several attending nurses looking at the baby as it comes into the world, compared to the aliens standing around the exam table with the abductee strapped down to it. The long tunnel being like the 'birth canal'.  At least that's my idea of what they were referring to.

NORA

AAAAAAAAAAAH, now I get it. Stupid me. Do you think that it is true, that abductions are really memories of your birth?

Odin Supreme 8)

Odin,

I think any scenario can be woven to the teller's way of thinking.  Remember, there are two sides to every story.

(If and when something 'otherworldly' happens to me, I won't give a hoot what anyone else thinks of it!)

NORA

That's an interesting idea. I might not put much credence to it except that when my daughter was very little we used to draw together...my level of expertise is stick figures. I would draw a figure..then she would draw one..her's always had very big eyes in relation to the bodies. I always wondered about possible meanings for this. She doesn't draw that way any more. She has progressed way beyond what I could teach her.

Dalia

• 6 months later...

Odin, as i don't believe in abductions, to my mind what you suggest is one of the more likely explainations.

[blue]I think that memories of the trauma of birth could possibly explain the similarities between the classic alien abduction scenarios and the birth procedures.

However, questions still remain: Why do people suddenly remember this information out of the blue? Why do they have repetitions of this remembering over a period of time? Why are there instances of missing time involved with the abduction phenomenon? (If it was just a memory, there would be no missing time, I presume.)

Yet, there are a number of reports on babies and youngsters having recollections of prior lives, so who knows what information our minds are capable of storing...

[/blue]

The only suggestion i would have is that you wouldn't rmember such things in the normal course of a day, something tramatic would have to trigger it off, maybe minor restricted blood flow to the brain or something like that which would induce unconciousness, therefore timeloss.  One thing that springs to mind here is 'near death experience' - that is possibly caused by lack of blood to the brain and a face/faces are seen  - maybe the two are related?

[blue]Maybe this theory explains some of these abduction cases, but what about cases in which there are multiple abductees experiencing similar things at the same time? They cannot possibly be experiencing the exact same physiological symptoms which would lead to the exact same memory reproduction. Each of us has memories, and none is the same as someone else's.

Plus, some abductees report different experiences which do not include probing, bright lights, tunnels or birth-related events. Eg: visions of apocalyptic scenes, conversations with alien beings, or in some cases, rows upon rows of people unconscious on table-like structures...

[/blue]

Now you're just being awkward  :D

I had it all sussed then you came along and pick holes - is no-one satisfied?  ;D

All good points. The only thing i can suggest is that they are fibbing (well i don't believe in abductions so what else i'm i gonna say  ;D)

[blue]Lol.

I have read quite a lot on abductions and the theories behind them, such as the published works of John Mack, Budd Hopkins (Whitley Strieber also), and Richard Redfern. If any pattern emerges, it is one of oddness and strangeness.

I don't think there are any easy solutions to the mystery of supposed alien abduction....

:s1

[/blue]

I'm tempted to say the solution would be the government putting more money into mental health  :P

But this is because i'm drunk  ;D

still (Party 18hrs old and still going strong)

Purple Stuart

If you're not already wishing the govt had put more money into finding a hangover cure, then I wager you will be!!

Right this very minute, I'm wishing there was a Death Squad I could call to come and annihilate the old bag from hell who accused my cat of doing something he shouldn't (i.e. existing!!).

Death to hangovers and old bags from hell!! :s1 :s8

It is really amazing how one subject can be turned into another, like Baby Memoires to Old Bags and Hangovers. ::)

- :shrebecca

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh , not to worry - i didn't get one  ;D (Hangover that is, not an old bag!)