Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's wrong with Australia?


Deleted
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Astra. said:

Hey Psyche - spoken like a true patriot   :tu:   

I'd been hoping that you would eventually share your opinion in this thread...as some of the other aussies have...and of course our friends from other countries also have.

In a nut shell - your post sums things up beautifully and honestly. I would also like to see the 'knockers' from other places come and see for themselves what a truly great land we have here.

Sure Australia has its domestic problems.....but nothing that we can't deal with or eventually sort out.

Iv'e been to other countries...and have had a wonderful time and have met some great people. But I have always been happy to call Australia home.

Which reminds me......

RIP ~ Peter Allen 

 

Hi Astra

Thanks, I think we can all see what this clown is up to, if he had to stretch across 16 years to find 5 incidents and repeat one of them, then I think he has shown what a marvellous country this is. The instances he did highlight show how we pull together as a nation and one thing we Aussies can be proud of is the "Lest We Forget" theme. It applies to so many aspects of life that we need to remember to forge a better future. Eleanore Tibble is certainly a very sad story, and one we will uphold with the annual scholarship in her name not only to remember to look out for instances like this, but to warn would be cretins that we won't tolerate them, and the entire nation will band together to see these animals brought to justice. We can all benefit from constructive criticism, but that's not what we are seeing here. From what I have seen of this posters work on the forum, this is no better than what we should expect. As you say, all have domestic problems, the NT has always been a controversial hotspot, I bet that poster does not even realise that it is a Territory not a state. According to his logic, we should judge all Welshman by the standard set by Ian Watkins. Good thing we don't, but I guess that is the big difference here. He makes a New South Welshman look good!! ;)

 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Lord Fedorable said:

QUEENSLANDER!!

State%2Bof%2BOrigin%2BQueensland%2BPerfe

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

Hi Astra

Thanks, I think we can all see what this clown is up to, if he had to stretch across 16 years to find 5 incidents and repeat one of them, then I think he has shown what a marvellous country this is. The instances he did highlight show how we pull together as a nation and one thing we Aussies can be proud of is the "Lest We Forget" theme. It applies to so many aspects of life that we need to remember to forge a better future. Eleanore Tibble is certainly a very sad story, and one we will uphold with the annual scholarship in her name not only to remember to look out for instances like this, but to warn would be cretins that we won't tolerate them, and the entire nation will band together to see these animals brought to justice. We can all benefit from constructive criticism, but that's not what we are seeing here. From what I have seen of this posters work on the forum, this is no better than what we should expect. As you say, all have domestic problems, the NT has always been a controversial hotspot, I bet that poster does not even realise that it is a Territory not a state. According to his logic, we should judge all Welshman by the standard set by Ian Watkins. Good thing we don't, but I guess that is the big difference here. He makes a New South Welshman look good!! ;)

 

Thanks great post again  Pysche - and I luuurve that song...even if the guys act like a bunch of corn-balls in the vid :rofl:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, psyche101 said:

State%2Bof%2BOrigin%2BQueensland%2BPerfe

 

Take that

576223-c6766596-dff7-11e3-9ab7-20f6e47ce

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Lord Fedorable said:

Of course a Mexican would take pride in a grub player like Gallen.

The best play in the whole series, nothing else mattered.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

 

Take that

576223-c6766596-dff7-11e3-9ab7-20f6e47ce

 

 

Yeah took that, and the next, and the next, still standing, going WTF Gallen? Finished yet????? I think - not sure, could be rumour, but I heard that in that pic he is saying "Gallen, you hit like a girl!" 

Could have stood there all day!! But we had a game to finish. 

 

280394-nate-myles-paul-gallen-meme.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

The best play in the whole series, nothing else mattered.

I dunno, this was a good moment too..........

 

1430642176644.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

 

 

Yeah took that, and the next, and the next, still standing, going WTF Gallen? Finished yet????? I think - not sure, could be rumour, but I heard that in that pic he is saying "Gallen, you hit like a girl!" 

Could have stood there all day!! But we had a game to finish. 

 

280394-nate-myles-paul-gallen-meme.jpg

Obviously the sissy couldn't deal with it alone so he had to call the rest of the team to help him out.  What's that 5 on 1??142224-gallen-v-myles.jpg

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Obviously the sissy couldn't deal with it alone so he had to call the rest of the team to help him out.  What's that 5 on 1??142224-gallen-v-myles.jpg

 

Is that how you saw it?

 

38437135.jpg

 

We call that "justice" up here. :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

So many good moments........

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Savour them, when the cycle ends and the 5 champs start to feel the arthritis it'll be all blue for you guys.  As it is, GI's knee buckles every time you look at it.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyway back on topic.  I don't see anything wrong with Hellwyr's OP.  It's probably quite inaccurate but some Aussie posters have overreacted IMO.  After all, Australians criticise other countries in these forums.  The religious Middle East, Israel, Brexit, US gun Laws, Trump, Clinton and the list goes on.  I'm probably one of the harshest critics in some of these threads.  It would be very hypocritical of me to get all huffed up when someone else expresses an opinion of my home turf, no?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Savour them, when the cycle ends and the 5 champs start to feel the arthritis it'll be all blue for you guys.  As it is, GI's knee buckles every time you look at it.

Haven't some people been saying that for the last 20 years though?

NRMAThaiday.jpg

Wally-Lewis-5990082.jpg

a0395360575b785e498e339687c57cb9.jpg

 

Proof is in the pudding!! :lol: 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Savour them, when the cycle ends and the 5 champs start to feel the arthritis it'll be all blue for you guys.  As it is, GI's knee buckles every time you look at it.

image.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Anyway back on topic.  I don't see anything wrong with Hellwyr's OP.  It's probably quite inaccurate but some Aussie posters have overreacted IMO.  After all, Australians criticise other countries in these forums.  The religious Middle East, Israel, Brexit, US gun Laws, Trump, Clinton and the list goes on.  I'm probably one of the harshest critics in some of these threads.  It would be very hypocritical of me to get all huffed up when someone else expresses an opinion of my home turf, no?

Yeah yeah, let's conveniently forget about NSW............ :w00t:

 

I do not agree, he had to stretch across 16 years to drag up 5 examples, one of which was repeated, so 4 examples, one of which references two places outside of Australia so that cannot be a reflection on Australia, of what individuals have done, and omitted Australia's reaction to it, painting Australia, and Australians as some sort of barbaric state, when clearly, he does not "get" our culture and does not have the decency to ask the local before casting judgement on them. Some might look at the exchange you and I have just had, and get the same wrong impression when it is all 100% in good fun, no malice whatsoever. Hellwyr is a poster I have dealt with before, and have always found his views to be biased and outright rude. This is no exception. The link about the NT problem is very recent, and again, not something that reflects Australia, or Australians. If 4 incidents over 16 years is something that would deter someone from entering the country, then they won't be missed. 

The right thing to do would be to ask about the problems first, and recognise the frequency he has illustrated with those "incidents". Constructive criticism I can understand, but that is not what this is. It is more like forming an opinion, and then looking for evidence to support that opinion. I do not think people like that deserve to be considered when they have shown so little consideration for others. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aha but you haven't been winning for 20 years.  Before this cycle was the Joey and Freddy show,

 

  42a6c7e577a6e27747970c89e0611ac7?width=6

fittler_wideweb__470x315,0.jpg

Edited by Black Red Devil
Edited to enlarge in case some QUEENSLANDERS didn't see the pics properly
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Aha but you haven't been winning for 20 years.  Before this cycle was the Joey and Freddy show,

 

  42a6c7e577a6e27747970c89e0611ac7?width=6

fittler_wideweb__470x315,0.jpg

 

If we don't let them win every now and then, we won't have a game to play though!!

origin5.png

62c02edcb60c3d11e5e9f9f84e062ba0.jpg

48a3811f7417b12fb43a7b5850974ad0.jpg

833093-origin-meme.jpg

 

 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Yeah yeah, let's conveniently forget about NSW............ :w00t:

 

I do not agree, he had to stretch across 16 years to drag up 5 examples, one of which was repeated, so 4 examples, one of which references two places outside of Australia so that cannot be a reflection on Australia, of what individuals have done, and omitted Australia's reaction to it, painting Australia, and Australians as some sort of barbaric state, when clearly, he does not "get" our culture and does not have the decency to ask the local before casting judgement on them. Some might look at the exchange you and I have just had, and get the same wrong impression when it is all 100% in good fun, no malice whatsoever. Hellwyr is a poster I have dealt with before, and have always found his views to be biased and outright rude. This is no exception. The link about the NT problem is very recent, and again, not something that reflects Australia, or Australians. If 4 incidents over 16 years is something that would deter someone from entering the country, then they won't be missed. 

The right thing to do would be to ask about the problems first, and recognise the frequency he has illustrated with those "incidents". Constructive criticism I can understand, but that is not what this is. It is more like forming an opinion, and then looking for evidence to support that opinion. I do not think people like that deserve to be considered when they have shown so little consideration for others. 

Yeah all well and good and as I said, his info is pretty inaccurate but I think you'll find most news is at the tip of your fingers these days and, yes, the locals will always know better.  It still doesn't mean someone can't express an opinion.  That's my point.  After all it's an international forum and the reaction from the experts (or the locals) should be of guidance not outrage.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Love how us Aussie pull together when we need to, a toast to all my fellow Aussie for pulling together when we need to (not just online but everywhere). Also Astra and Psyche now I've got those songs suck in my head, heard Down under playing in Coles last Sunday while food shopping no I didn't sing along lol. On topic no country anywhere is perfect nor are the citizens everywhere and everyone has their faults.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

 

If we don't let them win every now and then, we won't have a game to play though!!

origin5.png

62c02edcb60c3d11e5e9f9f84e062ba0.jpg

48a3811f7417b12fb43a7b5850974ad0.jpg

833093-origin-meme.jpg

 

 

7627328-3x2-940x627.jpg

 

:D They looked pretty deflated to me in the last rubber.  Doesn't appear to be a team that wanted to "let us win".

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

Love how us Aussie pull together when we need to, a toast to all my fellow Aussie for pulling together when we need to (not just online but everywhere). Also Astra and Psyche now I've got those songs suck in my head, heard Down under playing in Coles last Sunday while food shopping no I didn't sing along lol. On topic no country anywhere is perfect nor are the citizens everywhere and everyone has their faults.  

I'll toast to that, as long as they don't wear maroon.  :P  I'm out of here...............

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.