Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dog crashes car into Walmart

Still Waters

Shoppers couldn't believe who was behind the wheel after a car crashed into the Wayne Walmart on Friday.

A witness tells WSAZ she was standing in front of the store when she noticed a car started moving from its parking space at the front of the lot in her direction.

The woman says the car slowly moved straight toward her, and she at first guessed the driver was someone she knew who was messing with her.

That is until she noticed the face of the driver was a dog's.

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/388713732.html

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, eddword said:

I guess they were trying to find the barking lot.

They was already in the barking lot. What they should have done is secured the barking brake.

• Like 6

Maybe the pooch detected a supernatural apparition at the wheel ...

~

The owner should be up for the Darwin Award for leaving a car running, in gear, with the parking brake on.  I can see leaving the car on for the air conditioning for the dogs, but in gear?  That's asking for what happened. I want to see the insurance claim on this one.  The police report might be humorous as well.

• Like 2

His driving skills are a bit ruff.

• Like 6

I forwarded this to my son-in-law.  He brought up a good point.  The car looks like a Crown Vic or the Mercury version.  That car has a foot brake not a hand brake.  The foot brake could not have been on or working.  The hand/foot brake is there for a reason.

• Like 1

OK, I'll stop now... great pics on the web!

19 minutes ago, paperdyer said:

I forwarded this to my son-in-law.  He brought up a good point.  The car looks like a Crown Vic or the Mercury version.  That car has a foot brake not a hand brake.  The foot brake could not have been on or working.  The hand/foot brake is there for a reason.

They don't have emergency brakes? As long as the emergency brake is engaged the car will not move unless it is put in gear and the gas pedal is pushed. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Michelle said:

They don't have emergency brakes? As long as the emergency brake is engaged the car will not move unless it is put in gear and the gas pedal is pushed. 

For some reason, with my own experience, and as a passenger in other vehicles, I have rarely seen anyone use the parking brake.

Not sure about others, but for myself I felt I could forget it was engaged, burning out my brakes, because the parking brake only stops vehicle motion if not accelerated by the gas pedal. I burnt my brakes once because I forgot to disengage, and when for about 2-miles, 2-hard miles, before I figured-out what was "dragging" my car. Burnt breaks, but repaired.

Ever since then I rarely engage the parking brake (except on a hill)

EDIT: BTW, if anyone wonders why the "parking/emergency" brake has a "slip", it is designed that way. If you were to engage a non-slip emergency brake at highway speeds it would likely be fatal. So, "slip" is built-in.

EDIT, EDIT: If under EXTREME emergency conditions you need to quickly stop your vehicle beyond what an emergency brake can do, unfortunately your only other option is to throw the tranny in REVERSE. Better hold-on though,  it's going to stop hard, and be prepared that your tranny will be significantly damaged. However, if such a drastic action saves your life or others, it's worth it.

Edited by pallidin

13 minutes ago, pallidin said:

For some reason, with my own experience, and as a passenger in other vehicles, I have rarely seen anyone use the parking brake.

Not sure about others, but for myself I felt I could forget it was engaged, burning out my brakes, because the parking brake only stops vehicle motion if not accelerated by the gas pedal. I burnt my brakes once because I forgot to disengage, and when for about 2-miles, 2-hard miles, before I figured-out what was "dragging" my car. Burnt breaks, but repaired.

Ever since then I rarely engage the parking brake (except on a hill)

EDIT: BTW, if anyone wonders why the "parking/emergency" brake has a "slip", it is designed that way. If you were to engage a non-slip emergency brake at highway speeds it would likely be fatal. So, "slip" is built-in.

I guess you don't live in a mountainous area. I use my emergency brake all of the time because except on commercial parking lots everything is pretty much at a grade. :lol:

If I happen to forget to disengage it I can feel it the second I push the gas.

• Like 1

Why is this posted in unsolved Mysteries?? It's a stupid news filler. not a freakin Mystery.And This site keeps getting weaker and weaker by posting crap like this.. Kind like Hitlary Rotten Clinton trying to tell the truth about anything.And why do people take their dogs with them all the time when they go places, just to leave them in a hot unattended vehicle . Leave them at home.

2 hours ago, eddword said:

Why is this posted in unsolved Mysteries?? It's a stupid news filler. not a freakin Mystery.And This site keeps getting weaker and weaker by posting crap like this.. Kind like Hitlary Rotten Clinton trying to tell the truth about anything.And why do people take their dogs with them all the time when they go places, just to leave them in a hot unattended vehicle . Leave them at home.

There are obviously different categories for discussions. If you don't like topics like this, then it should be easy enough to avoid them and find the ones you do like. 

• Like 1

Someone knows they carry dog biscuits.

5 hours ago, eddword said:

How do you figure it makes the site less interesting? Those of us whom seriously delve into mysteries enjoy a chuckle or two from this sites sub-threads. Nothing wrong with that at all.

It's called "emotional balance" and this site gratefully provides this opportunity. 

10 hours ago, pallidin said:

Hillbilly-dog-in-truck.png

PRICELESS!

• Like 1

When I saw this story I immediately thought, BEAGLE... it's GOT to be a Beagle  :w00t:

• Like 1

Though it took me a while to get used to it, maybe an electronic parking brake has its advantages. Engage it when you stop - at lights or when parked. When it is time to move just drive off - it disengages itself. As long as gear is set in park (for an automatic) or neutral for a manual, no dog would accidentally be able to engage correct gear AND apply enough pressure to accelerator to make such an emergency brake disengage. Wel, I don't see how it could, anyway.....