Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brexit

alibongo

1 hour ago, Leonardo said:

And you, or bee, or anyone else in this thread is not doing the same, Otto?

Give me a break, of course everyone thinks their opinions are "the correct ones" - the only difference lies in whether there is any substance behind those opinions to support them. I have produced enough substance to show my opinions are well-supported.

And to whom has my argument "not been satisfactory" - to you? So, you smear me by suggesting my opinions are lightweight (without showing how you conclude that), then set yourself up as the "ultimate authority" and suggest your opinions reveal "the truth".

Tell me, am I the one with the ego here?

re the underlined - not necessarily - there's a middle ground of understanding as well -

it's possible to hold opinions that you can acknowledge come from being 'who you are' and how you were educated and brought up -
but that you can see how other people can draw different conclusions and opinions for the same reasons -

it's possible to hold an opinion that you formulate from the info you possess and the inclinations that you have -
while understanding that someone else can have other opinions -

Hence the value of compromise - and communication - which is weakened by name calling and holier-than-thou attitudes -

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, questionmark said:

We have seen your feather bush my dear, don't bother trying to impress by being "stealthy".

behave

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bee said:

re the underlined - not necessarily - there's a middle ground of understanding as well -

Is that your opinion, bee? Do you think it is correct?

1 minute ago, Leonardo said:

Is that your opinion, bee? Do you think it is correct?

oh please - just go and have your Sunday dinner and watch a film on the telly or something -

that's what I'm going to do - i'm all posted out for now - toodle pip :st

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

Politically I would say roughly there are two kinds of people.  One are liberal, open, friendly to foreigners, see mankind as one entity sharing one planet, tolerant, concerned more about others than themselves, compassionate to refugees and the poor.  The other are nationalistic, somewhat selfish, tending to parochialism, thinking their people or language or culture (or all of these) superior,  seeing each nation and culture as separate and competing with the rest of humanity, and sometimes outright bigoted, although usually more polite about it, it still shows through.

This is quite possibly one of the dumbest comments I've read on these forums.

Maybe you should take a look outside of your own microcosm Frank, and start looking at actual people and their lives, rather than generalizations and stereotypes.

Do you want me to point you in the direction of some "non-liberals" that have dedicated their entire lives to caring for others; the disabled, the elderly and the terminally ill? People who've done this at great cost to their own existence without asking for anything in return?

Ahh, what's the point. You know, I've learned one major thing in my time on UM, or maybe I should say had it reinforced - those who make the boldest statements about being liberal, tolerant and open-minded are often the exact opposite of everything they proclaim themselves to be.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, bee said:

says the master of  agenda posting -

do you think we won't notice when you and Leo try and just twist the argument around when your own fails to impress -?

That post was pretty funny actually and very revealing - (as if it wasn't obvious what you're up to anyway) BIG LOL -

the irony by Questionmarks' post.  - you couldn't make it up. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leonardo said:

And you, or bee, or anyone else in this thread is not doing the same, Otto?

Give me a break, of course everyone thinks their opinions are "the correct ones" - the only difference lies in whether there is any substance behind those opinions to support them. I have produced enough substance to show my opinions are well-supported.

And to whom has my argument "not been satisfactory" - to you? So, you smear me by suggesting my opinions are lightweight (without showing how you conclude that), then set yourself up as the "ultimate authority" and suggest your opinions reveal "the truth".

Tell me, am I the one with the ego here?

Smearing you? Your sense of self importance seems particularly strong today.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, questionmark said:

No, you are not the one with an agenda here.

But expect those who have one to keep attacking you as soon as you point out a flaw in their grand plan (or the plan their superiors have ordered them to defend).

Hello, do we have a conspiracy theory generating here? Go on, elaborate, if you think it's worth your while? This might prove a little entertaining, at least. 

Just now, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

Hello, do we have a conspiracy theory generating here? Go on, elaborate, if you think it's worth your while? This might prove a little entertaining, at least. 

You mean we should not get suspicious when somebody consistently supports Putin's goals in the West, i.e. Trump, dissolution of the EU, intervention in the Ukraine, fostering of the animosity between Azerbaijan and Armenia, the NATO training to defend its Baltic members and Russia attacking the moderate forces in Syria instead of ISIS?

One or two can be explained, but consistently all of them....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

Smearing you? Your sense of self importance seems particularly strong today.

Not self-importance, Otto, just a matter of respect. You want to suggest my opinions are worth less than yours, that's fine, because i could do the same. Only difference is I would provide an explanation as to why I think that way rather than just make the suggestion - because I would respect both of us sufficiently to think that providing that explanation is the least I could do.

1 hour ago, questionmark said:

You mean we should not get suspicious when somebody consistently supports Putin's goals in the West, i.e. Trump, dissolution of the EU, intervention in the Ukraine, fostering of the animosity between Azerbaijan and Armenia, the NATO training to defend its Baltic members and Russia attacking the moderate forces in Syria instead of ISIS?

*sends secret semaphore  message to Tarkin via skype* - (rumbled rumbled dot dot dash)

please note 32 + 12 - 16 /11/11 - lucky cover - in following song - abort abort -

*throws Russian dolls into the bin - even the little sweet middle one*

8 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

You bring up irrelevancies and don't see the real issue.  I would not want the Chinese ruling Cambodia, and never suggested it.  Being part of Europe is a different question and a desirable thing.

Being part of Europe may be a desirable thing, but being part of the EU isn't.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

If the British think of Europeans as "foreigners" who have no business in British affairs, you are only repeating the bigotry and showing it in yourself.

Europeans ARE foreigners, and Europeans or anybody else should have no business in British affairs. I don't Britain to be run by German or French or Belgian or Swedish bureaucrats. Britons should be the only people running Britain. No foreigners.

And Britain's better off out of the EU.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 3

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 0:53 AM, Setton said:

No one was libelling British voters. The original comment was that some people have called for remainers to be killed. You asked for a link. I provided it.

Just because you didn't like what it said, doesn't mean you can change people's words to something they weren't.

Please leave your ridiculous straw men out of it. You're making yourself look silly.

I tell you who wants people to be killed: It's the German "comedian" Henning Wehn on British comedy panel show "Eight Out Of Ten Cats Does Countdown" the other night when he said that all Leave voters should be shot.

Edited by Black Monk

19 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

And as I just said to you all, you're patethic in your hypocrisy and especially in your sudden attacks of defensive stupidity.

And as I also just said - bye, imperialists. I'm sorry I was right when I was thinking you are into EU only so you can try destroy it from within. Because there can only be one empire in your tiny little minds, your own. The sane human society concepts are so unfamiliar to you, you can't even imagine others could be trying to build something that's not an empire and is not attempting to overshadow yours. 

The only thing that consoles me, facing that monumental social impairment of yours, with its disastrous consequences, is the thought of the ways your politicians' new best friend will return you the favour.

Act now like you didn't understand anything again. It will surely fix it all. 

edit: looks like I forgot English. Fortunatelly. 

3 hours ago, questionmark said:

I just want your post repeated, so it doesn't get buried right away under bizarre videos and other childish crap. (Honestly childish or childish as part of method they've been taught and paid to apply, it doesn't matter at this point anymore.)

Just now, Helen of Annoy said:

I just want your post repeated, so it doesn't get buried right away under bizarre videos and other childish crap. (Honestly childish or childish as part of method they've been taught and paid to apply, it doesn't matter at this point anymore.)

Now, now: we are not supposed to do that... would hate to see a sane person on these pages being suspended for bumping posts!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, questionmark said:

Now, now: we are not supposed to do that... would hate to see a sane person on these pages being suspended for bumping posts!

Don't you worry about me, I'm voluntarily Eastern European anyway, so I've decided to cut my contribution to the minimum (basically, I just want to tell them who they are working for few more times) and then I'll ethnically cleanse myself out of here. 

28 minutes ago, questionmark said:

I'm sorry, do you see Helen's recent ramblings as sane? To begin to think of them as sane you'd have to understand them, and if you can do that I'll give you my hat.

• Like 2

Just now, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

I'm sorry, do you see Helen's recent ramblings as sane? To begin to think of them as sane you'd have to understand them, and if you can do that I'll give you my hat.

I'll only take it if you remove the lice (pus eggs and larva thereof) from it first.

• Like 1

Oh yes, QM, while you're here, talking of method they've been paid to apply, could you elaborate your theory you put forward a page or two back about these people being paid to promote an agenda or whatever ti was you said? The these people being, presumably, pro-Brexiteers. 

1 minute ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

Oh yes, QM, while you're here, talking of method they've been paid to apply, could you elaborate your theory you put forward a page or two back about these people being paid to promote an agenda or whatever ti was you said? The these people being, presumably, pro-Brexiteers. 

Did I say that or are you supposing that to have an argument?

Actually what I wanted to get at most of all was what Brexit will mean for the Bosman Ruling ... but then I guess nobody cares too much about that except myself so I'll just go sit quietly in the corner ~

~

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Actually what I wanted to get at most of all was what Brexit will mean for the Bosman Ruling ... but then I guess nobody cares too much about that except myself so I'll just go sit quietly in the corner ~

~

I am not exactly sure what the freedom of transfer has to do with the Brexit. But given that it is a EU court that ruled on that it might not be binding for Britain once (and if, because the ECC rulings are a condition to remain in the common market) they update British laws. But for the rest of Europe it remains unaltered.

• Like 1

Just now, questionmark said:

I am not exactly sure what the freedom of transfer has to do with the Brexit. But given that it is a EU court that ruled on that it might not be binding for Britain once (and if, because the ECC rulings are a condition to remain in the common market) they update British laws. But for the rest of Europe it remains unaltered.

But then most of the rest of Europe has contracts with the BPL ~ overlapping rules with UEFA ... will the EC recognize BPL contracts too ?

I thought the ruling won't apply to British Clubs anymore after Brexit ~ something China fund interests is asking a lot about seeing so many Clubs are being bought by China Interests ~