Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brexit

alibongo

8 minutes ago, third_eye said:

But then most of the rest of Europe has contracts with the BPL ~ overlapping rules with UEFA ... will the EC recognize BPL contracts too ?

I thought the ruling won't apply to British Clubs anymore after Brexit ~ something China fund interests is asking a lot about seeing so many Clubs are being bought by China Interests ~

What applies to British clubs largely depends whether the British government stays in the common market. If it does there will be no new rules. The only thing to change will be that the British will have no more voice in creating those rules.

If they leave than that could be possible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, questionmark said:

What applies to British clubs largely depends whether the British government stays in the common market. If it does there will be no new rules. The only thing to change will be that the British will have no more voice in creating those rules.

If they leave than that could be possible.

Okay thanks ... I've been getting a lot of questions from China Investment Fund managers about this and after a week of fruitless google grazing I got nothing ~

I think I know how to start at sniffing out the links now ... much appreciated ~

ETA ... I think I see the Man U recent 100 million euro 'record breaking' transfer after the free transfer fiasco makes more sense now ~

Edited by third_eye
a little detail ~

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

Okay thanks ... I've been getting a lot of questions from China Investment Fund managers about this and after a week of fruitless google grazing I got nothing ~

I think I know how to start at sniffing out the links now ... much appreciated ~

The problem is: we cannot answer any question for certain. Britain has not even triggered Art. 50 yet.

Once they do, and then decide that they want to leave it is one answer, if they stay (without voice or vote) it is another.

I also know that uncertainty is poison for capital, so I could only advise one sound thing: go with the music somewhere else until we know whether it will be fruitful in the future.

• Like 1

Just now, questionmark said:

The problem is: we cannot answer any question for certain. Britain has not even triggered Art. 50 yet.

Once they do, and then decide that they want to leave it is one answer, if they stay (without voice or vote) it is another.

I also know that uncertainty is poison for capital, so I could only advise one sound thing: go with the music somewhere else until we know whether it will be fruitful in the future.

I get it ... I wasn't too sure about the implications with or without Article 50 .... and how Brexit applies when or if or so ... and the key issue of interests here is mainly the possible Transfers of player's contracts to the China Super League Clubs ~ not so much the hedging funds or investment futures ...

I was knocking on the wrong links asking for the wrong bindings ~

3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I get it ... I wasn't too sure about the implications with or without Article 50 .... and how Brexit applies when or if or so ... and the key issue of interests here is mainly the possible Transfers of player's contracts to the China Super League Clubs ~ not so much the hedging funds or investment futures ...

I was knocking on the wrong links asking for the wrong bindings ~

In the single case a contract is always valid under the conditions it was agreed on. If it was agreed under the conditions of common law then some agreed stipulations could become invalid. There is a reason why international contracts have 100+ pages nowadays.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, questionmark said:

In the single case a contract is always valid under the conditions it was agreed on. If it was agreed under the conditions of common law then some agreed stipulations could become invalid. There is a reason why international contracts have 100+ pages nowadays.

The general key of interest is and remains the validity of a contract being between Player and Club ...

where the "Club" here mentioned is also the Owner as in the Owner of the BPL Club or FC

in Europe it may be just an Investor Group which is also a China Football Club ...

~ I think its not a loophole or against any laws or regulation ~

Edited by third_eye
wrong acronym and I should be sleeping

6 hours ago, questionmark said:

No, you are not the one with an agenda here.

But expect those who have one to keep attacking you as soon as you point out a flaw in their grand plan (or the plan their superiors have ordered them to defend).

4 hours ago, questionmark said:

You mean we should not get suspicious when somebody consistently supports Putin's goals in the West, i.e. Trump, dissolution of the EU, intervention in the Ukraine, fostering of the animosity between Azerbaijan and Armenia, the NATO training to defend its Baltic members and Russia attacking the moderate forces in Syria instead of ISIS?

One or two can be explained, but consistently all of them....

55 minutes ago, questionmark said:

Did I say that or are you supposing that to have an argument?

What were you talking about here then (in the two quotes above)? You suddenly went off about the current Great Bogeyman*, Assad, what are you on about? what's Azerbaijan got to do with anything? Are you now seeing pro-Brexiteers as Russkie agents or something? You're getting as difficult to follow as Helen. 

* that's Putin or Trump, they're the two current interchangeable bogeymen. 

1 minute ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

What were you talking about here then (in the two quotes above)? You suddenly went off about the current Great Bogeyman*, Assad, what are you on about? what's Azerbaijan got to do with anything? Are you now seeing pro-Brexiteers as Russkie agents or something? You're getting as difficult to follow as Helen. 

And where did you get that it was exclusively against Brexiters? I would never suppose that Steve would ever do Putin's bidding (sorry Steve, I needed an example). He is perfectly content with some flag waving and dragging his national pride inflated balls all over the ground.

7 minutes ago, third_eye said:

The general key of interest is and remains the validity of a contract being between Player and Club ...

where the "Club" here mentioned is also the Owner as in the Owner of the BPL Club or FC

in Europe it may be just an Investor Group which is also a China Football Club ...

~ I think its not a loophole or against any laws or regulation ~

And there is the problem: as long as the laws do not change it will remain valid as stipulated. But we cannot guarantee that laws will not change.

• Like 1

And there is the problem: as long as the laws do not change it will remain valid as stipulated. But we cannot guarantee that laws will not change.

If it is stipulated in the contract in advance as a stipulation it does not matter if the laws do change or not ... Article 50 or none ...  I think that's what an Italian Football agent was saying ... I'll have to refer back to him ...

~

4 minutes ago, questionmark said:

And where did you get that it was exclusively against Brexiters? I would never suppose that Steve would ever do Putin's bidding (sorry Steve, I needed an example). He is perfectly content with some flag waving and dragging his national pride inflated balls all over the ground.

Well, you introduced this conspiracy theory of yours in this thread. So does it include generally all Trump supporters, anyone who thinks that stepping up involvement against the Tyrant Assad (TM) is a recipe for disaster, that provocation in the Baltic and Ukraine is idiotic at best, and anyone who doesn't wave the flag for American intervention all around the world? Then the Great Conspiracy probably has more members than you anticipated.

Perhaps you ought to move this theory of yours to Conspiracies & Secret Societies, or alternatively, as i suggested to helen, go and have a sit down and a nice bottle of wine or something, as you seem to be losing your grip on rationality. 

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

If it is stipulated in the contract in advance as a stipulation it does not matter if the laws do change or not ... Article 50 or none ...  I think that's what an Italian Football agent was saying ... I'll have to refer back to him ...

~

Well, that is what I failed to communicate above evidently: whatever is stipulated is stipulated. And that does not change. The question is: did the freedom of transfer apply as a singular stipulation or was it understood without specifying because it was the law. If the latter you could have lost.

• Like 1

Well, that is what I failed to communicate above evidently: whatever is stipulated is stipulated. And that does not change. The question is: did the freedom of transfer apply as a singular stipulation or was it understood without specifying because it was the law. If the latter you could have lost.

I see ... the lines here is whether it is applicable as a Player or Employed Individual ... and a contracted EU professional belonging to an association where said individual is protected and covered by the rights the association endows ~ I'll need some time to have a good look at this

Much appreciated ... I am zoning in and out of wakefulness ... I'm gonna go hit the sack while I have some hours before the dawn .. thanks again ~

24 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

I think there is a Western Psychological Operation building up at the moment to insinuate that anyone who doesn't tow the
American lead propaganda line - is a Russian Agent - kind of a two birds with one stone thing - 

they are probably alarmed at how people can actually think for themselves and are getting immune to being fed the usual
rubbish about this and that - 

Anyway I think he and Helen make a great team ---  :whistle: - 

• Like 2

yes, and note how he cunningly disguises his part in this plot by speculating that it's the pro-Brexiteers and those who aren't necessarily irrationally paranoid of the Tyrant Trump* who are actually the ones in the pay of the conspiracy.

* sorry, I meant Putin 

Since you pretend you didn't read my post a page ago, or are actually unable to understand it, here's the summary, once more, for all of you Brexiters, some of you actual Russian trolls, others just shallow fools who do not understand what they are doing: 

I'm leaving this site. 

It was great, it was fun, I learnt so much, I also met so many wonderful people here, but I'm European (my heritage is such), and I'm also Eastern European (you would perceive me as such, because of my citizenship). 

You are extremelly loud and obnoxious in repeating how much you don't want us. Fine. 

So I'll leave. It would be so stupid of me to stay and generate more clicks for those who control you (whether you are aware of it or not - think about the weird coincidences between your increasingly fanatical Brexiters, increasingly insane Trump and increasingly bold Putin).  

If you weren't so shallow, you'd notice this repulsive little episode here is nothing, but is quite good alegory of large things to come.

If that's what you want, fine again. Your choice.  

My choice is to do not allow your infection to kill my part of the world.  

So... 

'Ajd zdravo.

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 1

Its comedy gold this thread. :lol: its got everything, straw men, sour grapes, conspiracies, Russian infiltrators, Trump, Putin, and the icing on the cake Primer League football. - I guess they run out of things to say about Brexit.  :D and after all that the UK is still leaving the EU. c'mon Q get your finger out. 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Its comedy gold this thread. :lol: its got everything, straw men, sour grapes, conspiracies, Russian infiltrators, Trump, Putin, and the icing on the cake Primer League football. - I guess they run out of things to say about Brexit.  :D and after all that the UK is still leaving the EU. c'mon Q get your finger out. 

Hi Steve , reading some of these statements makes me think that a certain American has a Mole in Westminster as he seems to know more about Brexit than us English guys.When will they realise that one of the Main reasons for leaving Europe is that we need to keep our sovereignity and not be ruled by faceless un- elected civil servants in Brussels. The other reason is that we are British (and very proud of it), and we are sick of helping out Europe since Waterloo.

Edited by spud the mackem
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

Hi Steve , reading some of these statements makes me think that a certain American has a Mole in Westminster as he seems to know more about Brexit than us English guys.When will they realise that one of the Main reasons for leaving Europe is that we need to keep our sovereignty and not be ruled by faceless un- elected civil servants in Brussels. The other reason is that we are British (and very proud of it), and we are sick of helping out Europe since Waterloo.

They will never understand us in this Sceptred Isle, - They wanted us to give up our sovereignty of a thousand years, they seem to forget being a Island Nation, a tribes people who come to these Islands because we didn't want to be there, and surprise we still don't want to be there.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

They will never understand us in this Sceptred Isle, - They wanted us to give up our sovereignty of a thousand years, they seem to forget being a Island Nation, a tribes people who come to these Islands because we didn't want to be there, and surprise we still don't want to be there.

I don't dislike Remainers or Europeans but it seems that they are the ones doing all the moaning and if they don't  like what has happened the second word is .... Off

8 hours ago, Black Monk said:

I tell you who wants people to be killed: It's the German "comedian" Henning Wehn on British comedy panel show "Eight Out Of Ten Cats Does Countdown" the other night when he said that all Leave voters should be shot.

And that is just as bad and flies in the face of our democracy. But it doesn't cancel out the comments in the link. There's a saying about what two wrongs make.

8 hours ago, spud the mackem said:

The other reason is that we are British (and very proud of it), and we are sick of helping out Europe since Waterloo.

Nothing wrong with being British but you should thank the Japanese they decided to bomb Pearl Harbor otherwise you'd be marching the Goose Step around Piccadilly Circus by now.

Edited by Black Red Devil