Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brexit

alibongo

8 minutes ago, alibongo said:

It is absolutely pointless arguing with people who do not know even basic stuff.

Is that why some people have such problems arguing with you?  :P 

1 minute ago, alibongo said:

It is not money, it is common sense.

I feel I can't explain it clearer.

Brexit is voting for something that was promised but can't be delivered. In fact, it will produce the opposite result.

But we can't explain this to the Brexiteers because they don't understand it.

Education is the key, but it may be too late.

Your inconsistency makes you never spell out exactly, beyond the purely mercenary motives you attribute to everyone, what it was that people were supposedly promised but now won't get. Is it that they won't be able to exploit cheap Polish labour, or is it that it won't be possible to slam the doors in the face of immigrants? 

5 minutes ago, alibongo said:

Brexit is voting for something that was promised but can't be delivered. In fact, it will produce the opposite result.

But we can't explain this to the Brexiteers because they don't understand it.

Education is the key, but it may be too late.

"Brexit" was voting to say we would prefer to leave the EU.   Nothing more, nothing less.  Alhough I appreciate that for some less well educated people this concept may be difficult to understand.

Obviously we can leave the EU.  Whatever rubbish you might have been told.   Whether we actually do (before the EU itself self destructs) remains to be seen

Edited by Essan

6 minutes ago, Essan said:

I am aware of many people who voted for the UK to remain in the EU purely because they believed in the short term at least they would be better off financially.  And money is all that matters to them .....

;)

yes they are like children who want to be in the Big Boys Gang in the playground - and nick all the sweets they can -

but then stamp and pout when they can't get their own way and go ---"not fair boohoo"

(hey I might treat myself to some Alibongo style posts like this - it's fun...:santa:....)

:D

• Like 2

Oh look, Alibongo is right, Brexit is a disaster, the FTSE has dropped off a cliff !

Image result for ftse chart 2016

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Oh look, Alibongo is right, Brexit is a disaster, the FTSE has dropped off a cliff !

Image result for ftse chart 2016

Note the Brexit Jitters in June, and also the spell of " :-/ " about the Donald in November, but otherwise yes, it clearly shows that everyone will be $350 a week worse off. 

• Like 1

This would make a nice Christmas Card to send to the EU Big Boys, Donald Tusk, Jean Claude Juncker  and Martin Schulz wouldn't it --

......MERRY CHRISTMAS....... 

nt_1.png_420100691.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bee said:

This would make a nice Christmas Card to send to the EU Big Boys, Donald Tusk, Jean Claude Juncker  and Martin Schulz wouldn't it --

nt_1.png_420100691.png

Bee, Nigel Farage is a pigmy amongst politicians, he is an embarrassment.

He is sucking up to a chimp, can't you see that?

Just now, alibongo said:

I see gold --- lot's of shiny gold --- I see President Trump putting Britain at the front of the queue -

I see ship loads of dollars coming over the Pond - and tons of gold being hoisted into aircraft -
banks clicking money into the UK economy like there was no tomorrow - 
and the people cheering and clapping and the sour faced Remainers having a good old sulk and --- and ---

:P

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bee said:

I see gold --- lot's of shiny gold --- I see President Trump putting Britain at the front of the queue -

I see ship loads of dollars coming over the Pond - and tons of gold being hoisted into aircraft -
banks clicking money into the UK economy like there was no tomorrow - 
and the people cheering and clapping and the sour faced Remainers having a good old sulk and --- and ---

:P

I wish...

I am yet to be convinced leaving the EU is going to be hard, there are those who want to give the perception of impossibility or great upheaval. But how can that be true, the numbers never lie, 93% of the British Economy is here within the UK. only 11% of UK businesses export. Goods and Services to the EU make up 16%. - of that figure just 44% is Trade with the EU, the United States of America is our largest single export market, WE DO NOT HAVE A TRADE DEAL WITH THE USA. how is trade currently happening??????? without a trade deal.

Proof if proof where needed trade happens regardless, we have an annual trade deficit with the EU between £80 to £100 Billion, meaning we buy more of them than they do off us. If they impose tariffs on us they lose out, bound by WTO rules over 90% of what we export to the EU is within the 0% to 4% bracket for tariffs. the remaining 10% can be covered by imposing reciprocal tariffs on the EU. that results in the UK treasury boosting its coffers by £8Billion to £10Billion or put it another way the EU will be paying us for a change. Because the deficit is so large in a tariff war we win, any taxes the EU raises from tariffs has to be shared out between 27 members. where our taxes raised are spent here at home.

Shock horror World trade prices for goods are much cheaper than we currently pay by being in the EU single market we are paying inflated prices in what is a protectionist union. take the textile industry, Italy has a massive textile industry producing shoes and leather goods with the UK being in the EU we pay inflated prices for shoes etc.. in order to protect Italian industry, and this happens across entire sectors where we have little or no industry to protect so why should the British public continue to prop-up foreign countries industry when we could be paying much lower global prices. It's no wonder the UK is labelled treasure Island by companies or as we call it rip off Britain as the table below shows. UK shoppers losing out to the tune of £120.17 ($186.78).  

Outside of the EU, the UK can reduce its VAT rate on a range of goods and intune with that corporation tax to as low as 10% if the need be.

The Great Shopping Divide
  UK US
Big Mac meal £3.29 ($5.11) £3.34 ($5.19)
Levis 501 Jeans £39.99 ($62.13) £25.74 ($40)
Starbucks Tall filter coffee £1.45 ($2.25) £0.99($1.55)
Litre of Petrol £0.71($1.10) £0.28 ($0.45)
CD Album Pink 'Misundazstood' £12.99($20.18) £9.04 ($14.05)
Sony Digicam DS P-2 £379.89 ($590.33) £278.64($433)
Gap hooded fleece jacket £29.50($45.84) £30.88 ($48.00)
20 Dunhill cigarettes £4.46 ($6.93) £3.20($4.98)
Total price £472.28 ($733.91) £352.11 ($547.12)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alibongo said:

I wish...

your negative 'low energy' attitude won't make the wish come true -

but other's like Nige are trying to make it happen -

so stop being a fly in the ointment and join the YES team --

you know it makes sense -

Comedy gold on this thread. Man who can't find headlights on car on calls others stupid. lmao. 

But on a serious note. Fox has agreed to buy Sky. That means PRO BREXIT Murdoch has a majority in UK MSM. With the Guardian slowly taking a "if this is going to happen let's at least try and be a bit positive" attitude and the BBC under threat of losing funding if they don't tow government line. That leaves the Indipendent. Which if you read the comments section even their (rapidly decreasing) readership is getting fed up with the blatant disregard for actual news. Then there's the Huffington post. Well that's been bought by Republican doner AOL. US will soon have Pro BREXIT Republican potus. Without a fight the left wing just lost its stranglehold on msn. In light of this, would demanding a second referendum be a smart move? Are we about to see less doom mongering? And just for the record I don't think its a good idea one person has control of so much media. 

2 hours ago, bee said:

nt_1.png_420100691.png

from one much-loved Donald T to another, perhaps not quite so.

Five on Brexit Island

Nothing new from Ali from the Independwent today? I may have to find something myself. 

* I'm afraid I looked, but there was so much bellicose bilge that I just couldn't be bothered to look for anything about brexit. You avidly lap up crap like "Will Russian's Act of War against US Democracy Bring Down Trump" and "UK Steps up training in Ukraine in face of Russian Aggression", Ali? You believe this crap? You believe that by relying totally on these belligerent ravings you're in sole possession of the Truth?

Edited by Grand Moff Tarkin

21 hours ago, alibongo said:

So what would you prefer Ali? That the UK Parliament votes to ostacrise him and vows not to let him enter the country, and never. ever talk to him, like they argued about in that idiotic little pantomime a year or so back? 

No, ostacrise may not be how it's spelt, but it's good enough for now.

7 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Huh... you're a light weight.

The complexities of Brexit are beginning to dawn on Theresa May’s ministers

But Ali, and the Independent, assures us that brexit will never happen, so there'd be no need to worry.

Just now, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

But Ali, and the Independent, assures us that brexit will never happen, so there'd be no need to worry.

Well maybe Ali and the Independent just might know a little more than you do. Did you ever think of that :)

Just now, Captain Risky said:

Well maybe Ali and the Independent just might know a little more than you do. Did you ever think of that :)

Not on the basis of the "news" on their website. I've never seen such blatant propaganda and fake news. (well, outside of the Daily Telegraph anyway). The Sun and Mail seem less paranoid hysterical. if Ali get, as appeares to be the case, all his news from there, you can see why he holds the ideas he does. 

3 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

Not on the basis of the "news" on their website. I've never seen such blatant propaganda and fake news. (well, outside of the Daily Telegraph anyway). The Sun and Mail seem less paranoid hysterical. if Ali get, as appeares to be the case, all his news from there, you can see why he holds the ideas he does. 

What do you mean less hysterical? The Daily Mail and the Telegraph are just as bad in their extreme pro-brexit narrative, if not worse. I think Ali is doing an excellent job in balancing out the views of you brexiteers. The truth is somewhere in the middle me thinks. 

Keep up the good work, Alibongo.  

3 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Keep up the good work, Alibongo.  

Ali-drongo did not even bother to vote !

• Like 1