Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brexit

alibongo

3 hours ago, Essan said:

Of course, none of this would have happened had we not voted to leave the EU.  In fact we'd all have had a good 20% pay rise by now and almost all the UK's debyt would have been paid off ......  :D 

Now you're getting it, Essan!

(BTW, where has GMT gone? Kitchen too hot?).

9 minutes ago, alibongo said:

Now you're getting it, Essan!

(BTW, where has GMT gone? Kitchen too hot?).

hello

from London? well, that's London's outlook. I'm afraid they've never had any interest in anywhere else in the country, so why should we sob that the Global Finanical Powerhouse(TM) might be facing ruin? In fact, the bigger an exodus from London (as long as they all go to whatever remaining parts there may be of their beloved EU), the happier everyone will be. 

• Like 1

Anyway, as I've explained before, none of it's real, is it, all the Global Financical shenanigans, it's all entirely virtual and doesn't deal in tangible things that actually exist - it's all simply imaginary really. In fact when you think about how these people waste their entire lives creating nothing, dealing in nothing, leaving nothing tangible behind at all, it makes you feel rather sorry for them doesn't it, 

9 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Anyway, as I've explained before, none of it's real, is it, all the Global Financical shenanigans, it's all entirely virtual and doesn't deal in tangible things that actually exist - it's all simply imaginary really. In fact when you think about how these people waste their entire lives creating nothing, dealing in nothing, leaving nothing tangible behind at all, it makes you feel rather sorry for them doesn't it, 

It is real to London's resteraunts:http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/top-chefs-refusing-to-move-to-london-because-of-brexit/ar-AAnoIQc?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=uie11msnhpl

1 hour ago, alibongo said:

What's the story behind MvD? I understood where GMT came from.

It';s in honour of 

Image result     Image result  

30 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

It';s in honour of 

Image result     Image result  

It is a better name.

I'm thinking of changing my name and avatar too, to ones that reflects my insightfulness and intelligence.

Edited by alibongo

I don't know, the current one seems quite suited.

Ali Bongo - Wikipedia

• Like 3

Amber Rudd: It will take years and years to replace low-skilled jobs currently done by migrant labour (and years in which our indigenous labour force will become so poor they will be glad to do them!):http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/home-sec-brexit-will-end-freedom-of-movement/ar-AAnpStw?li=BBoPRmx&ocid=uie11msnhpl

Although I would have liked the UK to remain in the EU, a referendum was made and vote exit won, stick with it to the end and dont take any crap from the EU. Now what anno sme is that moron Boris Johnson, what a stupid man! 

Slightly off topic, someone once commented on another post as the EU was run by nonelected officals, who the hell elected Theresa to be UK PM?

Edited by godnodog
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, godnodog said:

Now what anno sme is that moron Boris Johnson, what a stupid man! 

he's the UK's Donald Trump, don't knock him!

Image result for boris johnson

How is this thread not dead yet?

12 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

I don't know, the current one seems quite suited.

Ali Bongo - Wikipedia  

Thanks for that. You made my day :nw:

"The original character had sung a song which began: "My name is Ali Bongo and I come from Pongo, pong-tiddley-pongo land." Among his later magic catch-phrases were "Uju Buju Suck Another Juju", "Aldy Bority Phostico Formio", "Hocus Pocus Fishbones Chokus"."

9 hours ago, LV-426 said:

Thanks for that. You made my day :nw:

"The original character had sung a song which began: "My name is Ali Bongo and I come from Pongo, pong-tiddley-pongo land." Among his later magic catch-phrases were "Uju Buju Suck Another Juju", "Aldy Bority Phostico Formio", "Hocus Pocus Fishbones Chokus"."

Make as much sense as most of his posts!

• Like 2

I'm thinking of changing my name, like Manfred von Driedecker did, and also my Avatar.

I have been thinking of "Gaines", which is unusual, and means clever/intelligent, or ingenious.

That's what it'll be, unless I have some other suggestions.

17 hours ago, godnodog said:

Although I would have liked the UK to remain in the EU, a referendum was made and vote exit won, stick with it to the end and dont take any crap from the EU. Now what anno sme is that moron Boris Johnson, what a stupid man! 

Slightly off topic, someone once commented on another post as the EU was run by nonelected officals, who the hell elected Theresa to be UK PM?

The Brexit crowd are oafish louts, sycophantic Farage is the worst.

Trump is looking to abandon the WTO.How important is the "special relationship" now, you Brexit fools? (sorry to use strong language):http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/trump-team-looks-to-circumvent-wto-dispute-system/ar-AAnuFtL?li=BBoPOOl&ocid=uie11msnhpl

Edited by alibongo

More Brexit:

A MAN who feels immigration is negatively affecting his life cannot give a single concrete example of how, he has revealed.

Roy Hobbs, from Worcester, is vehemently opposed to immigration but can never explain how it has harmed him or anyone he knows.

Hobbs said: “Immigration forces wages down. Not for middle-class people like me, obviously, but for simple working class folk. I can’t give you any examples, but a man on Question Time said it.

“They’re damaging our culture. I’m not sure how someone talking Polish on the bus is harming British culture in the same way as, say, banning Shakespeare, but it probably is.

British trawler men have just realised they were shafted by Brexit and they are not happy!: DORSET fishermen hoping to regain their waters in the wake of Brexit may have their hopes crushed by a leaked document.

The fishing industry was one of the most vocal during the EU referendum, seeing it as an opportunity to escape tough EU controls of fishing quotas outlined in the Common Fisheries Policy (CFP).

However, according to a leaked EU document there will be “no increase to the UK’s share of fishing opportunities for jointly fished stocks (maintaining the existing quota distribution in UK and EU waters).”

The document comes after campaign promises from the likes of Boris Johnson and the minster for fisheries George Eustace that Brexit would provide a good deal and fairer allocations for the UK’s trawlermen.

Andy Alcock from the Weymouth and Portland Licensed Fishermen’s Association said: “I think the general consensus is that 99 per cent of fishermen in the country voted for Brexit mainly because of the CFP. The hope was that we come out it would return the waters to UK fishermen.This is not what we voted for, this is not what we were promised.”

Also, high-tech financial firms starting to flee:http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/hi-tech-financial-firms-flee-uk-amid-doubts-over-brexit/ar-AAnpJJv?li=AA54rU&ocid=uie11msnhpl

Edited by alibongo

It looks as if the penny is finally starting to drop amongst the general public.

If the Lord's have the bottle to do what is right for the UK (and I believe they do),we will be rid of this Brexit nonsense in a few weeks.

My gosh, your desperation gets worse and worse. So you'd be quite happy for an unelected crowd of whatever their purpose is exactly to over-rule both Parliament and a democratic referendum? What you'd be quite happy about with be a dictatorship essentially, if it does what you want, wouldn't you.

57 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

My gosh, your desperation gets worse and worse. So you'd be quite happy for an unelected crowd of whatever their purpose is exactly to over-rule both Parliament and a democratic referendum? What you'd be quite happy about with be a dictatorship essentially, if it does what you want, wouldn't you.

Second chamber, that's their job, democracy at work.

The trawler men now realise they have been done over, wait till the farmers realise the same. There will be very strong voices supporting Remain.