Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brexit

alibongo

3 minutes ago, alibongo said:

The trawler men now realise they have been done over

Like a kipper?  :D

(seriously, our fisherman were sold out long ago :(  )

11 minutes ago, alibongo said:

Second chamber, that's their job, democracy at work.

The trawler men now realise they have been done over, wait till the farmers realise the same. There will be very strong voices supporting Remain.

Are you insane? Is the EU playing the heavy handed coercion, "we will make it as difficult as possible for them in order to deter others from trying" (as the French Goverment has said) likely to do anything other than strengthen opposition to its heavy handed bullying? and regarding your first comment: it's only democracy if the people doing the decision making are elected, is it not. Otherwise it's dictating. 

11 minutes ago, Essan said:

Like a kipper?  :D

(seriously, our fisherman were sold out long ago :(  )

Yes, like the rest of the working class, unfortunately.

I get no joy from saying :I told you so.

3 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Are you insane? Is the EU playing the heavy handed coercion, "we will make it as difficult as possible for them in order to deter others from trying" (as the French Goverment has said) likely to do anything other than strengthen opposition to its heavy handed bullying? and regarding your first comment: it's only democracy if the people doing the decision making are elected, is it not. Otherwise it's dictating. 

Then as Theresa May wasn't elected, by your reckoning she is a dictator!

1 hour ago, alibongo said:

British trawler men have just realised they were shafted by Brexit and they are not happy!: DORSET fishermen hoping to regain their waters in the wake of Brexit may have their hopes crushed by a leaked document.

The fishing industry was one of the most vocal during the EU referendum, seeing it as an opportunity to escape tough EU controls of fishing quotas outlined in the Common Fisheries Policy (CFP).

However, according to a leaked EU document there will be “no increase to the UK’s share of fishing opportunities for jointly fished stocks (maintaining the existing quota distribution in UK and EU waters).”

The document comes after campaign promises from the likes of Boris Johnson and the minster for fisheries George Eustace that Brexit would provide a good deal and fairer allocations for the UK’s trawlermen.

Andy Alcock from the Weymouth and Portland Licensed Fishermen’s Association said: “I think the general consensus is that 99 per cent of fishermen in the country voted for Brexit mainly because of the CFP. The hope was that we come out it would return the waters to UK fishermen.This is not what we voted for, this is not what we were promised.”

Also, high-tech financial firms starting to flee:http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/hi-tech-financial-firms-flee-uk-amid-doubts-over-brexit/ar-AAnpJJv?li=AA54rU&ocid=uie11msnhpl

Here's a link to the above story, by the way, which Alum forgot to do: http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/15116924.Brexit_looks_bleak_for_Dorset_Fishermen_leaked_EU_document_reveals/ 

Just now, alibongo said:

You may well be right. It's those leather trousers. Actually the point there is, or at least is supposed to be, that Parliament was elected, isn't it, and they this are the representatives of democracy or somehting?

Just now, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Here's a link to the above story, by the way, which Alum forgot to do: http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/15116924.Brexit_looks_bleak_for_Dorset_Fishermen_leaked_EU_document_reveals/ 

Blimey, now you're coming round to arguing my corner!

Just now, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

You may well be right. It's those leather trousers. Actually the point there is, or at least is supposed to be, that Parliament was elected, isn't it, and they this are the representatives of democracy or somehting?

Lederhosen. Very witty.

No one in their right mind would vote for TM.

2 minutes ago, alibongo said:

Blimey, now you're coming round to arguing my corner!

which one of those commenters are you? "Violentsocioeconomics" sounds suspiciously familiar to the arguments we all know and love. 

2 hours ago, alibongo said:

ust lie every other PM we have ever had - not one of which has ever been elected (other than as a MP by their constituents and as party leader by party members)

John Major fires a salvo at May? I hope she took to the bunker in good time to escape his ferocity. "I say, it really isn't on, you know."

• Like 1

The British Chamber of Commerce has found firms are already starting migration to the EU before Brexit becomes final. Why aren't more people worried. Just bury our heads in the sand, hey?:http://news.sky.com/story/firms-start-to-act-in-self-defence-as-brexit-looms-bcc-survey-10784602

Edited by alibongo

George Osborne earlier today:

Withdrawing from the single market without a trade deal would be “the biggest single act of protectionism in the history of the United Kingdom”, George Osborne has warned.

In a forthright attack on the Prime Minster, the former Chancellor said making trade deals with other countries around the world would not make up for the loss of trade caused by a hard Brexit that saw Britain slide out of the trade bloc.

Theresa May said in a speech at the start of the year that Britain “cannot possibly” remain in the single market after Brexit and that staying in “would not mean leaving the EU at all”. She has since said that if MPs reject her Brexit deal Britain will crash out of the bloc with no special provisions.

But on Tuesday Mr Osborne put himself on a collision course with the Prime Minister, telling the British Chambers of Commerce’s annual conference in Westminster: 

“Let’s make sure that we go on doing trade with our biggest export market, otherwise withdrawing from the single market would be the biggest single act of protectionism in the history of United Kingdom and no amount of trade deals with New Zealand are going to replace the amount of trade we do with our European neighbours.”

I, along with the rest of the UK intelligentsia, feel deeply saddened that no-one has the courage to derail Brexit before it derails the UK.

I, along with the rest of the UK intelligentsia, feel deeply saddened that no-one has the courage to derail Brexit before it derails the UK.

Lmao, you had the opportunity to derail Brexit on the 23rd of June 2016. You personally didn't bother. 

1 hour ago, likwidlite said:

Lmao, you had the opportunity to derail Brexit on the 23rd of June 2016. You personally didn't bother. 

Except it isn't funny. The result is condemning millions to a lower living standard.

I think all of the UK population should come together, accept that the referendum result demonstrated a need for education and perhaps extra funding in deprived areas so people feel excluded.NO more, no less.

The result showed shortfalls in standards, that is all.

We should ignore the result, and all try to move forward positively.

32 minutes ago, alibongo said:

I think all of the UK population should come together, accept that the referendum result demonstrated a need for education and perhaps extra funding in deprived areas so people [don't?] feel excluded

We should ignore the result

:rolleyes: Just when we thought you couldn't get more condescending, you set the bar even higher.  Why not extend that to if the party you don't support gets elected; that just shows a need for education, so people know how to think the Right way.

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

:rolleyes: Just when we thought you couldn't get more condescending, you set the bar even higher.  Why not extend that to if the party you don't support gets elected; that just shows a need for education, so people know how to think the Right way.

Not condescending, inclusive I think I'm being.

Let all the UK electorate come together as a sort of coalition.

On ‎06‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 10:23 AM, bee said:

the only reason I don't report many of your posts for trolling and flame baiting is because you make the Remain side look bad -
and you undermine the very cause you claim to support... so cheers ....:tu:

bee, I'm not trying to be condescending, but I'm guessing you and most leave voters are having second thoughts now?

Except it isn't funny. The result is condemning millions to a lower living standard.

Except it is funny. You had your vote, your own arrogance shafted you right in the poo poo pipe. As for condemning millions to a lower standard of living you, me or no one on this planet can prove that either way.