Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brexit

alibongo

5 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

I think in the end the politicians will find a way for Britain to stay in the EU, at least de facto.  There is too much disruption to everyone, and too much harm to Britain, for things to end up otherwise.  For a year or more the noise will all be exit and negotiating exit, but it will end up amounting to just camouflage for a reality that keeps Britain and Europe closely tied together.

(It might even happen, as tempers settle and people have a chance to think more deeply, that a second referendum or something along those lines will happen and the whole thing will go away).  Of course a few extremists will demonstrate, but they do that sort of thing all the time anyway.

I think a second referendum will be inevitably proposed as soon as the electorate realise they were hoodwinked, but it will be put off, and put off, in the hope that it will eventually be forgotten.

The ties with Europe are too close- only today it was announced that Vauxhall has been sold off to the French.

Edited by alibongo

13 minutes ago, alibongo said:

The ties with Europe are too close- only today it was announced that Vauxhall has been sold off to the French.

And that's a good thing, considering that, as it overlaps with Citronella and Peugeot's product range, inevitably it'll be first in line for rationalisation?

21 minutes ago, alibongo said:

I think a second referendum will be inevitably proposed as soon as the electorate realise they were hoodwinked,

How exactly do you believe they were hoodwinked? And why would they be so anxious to clamour to remain in the EU once they realise that they were?

7 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

And that's a good thing, considering that, as it overlaps with Citronella and Peugeot's product range, inevitably it'll be first in line for rationalisation?

Haha!

We flogged off Rolls Royce to the Germans years ago, may as well as give away the rest of our industry, eh, Manfred von?

Harrods to the Middle East.

Most of the City to the Chinese.

Some much for controlling our borders when most of the world now owns the UK and must be allowed access.

1 minute ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

How exactly do you believe they were hoodwinked? And why would they be so anxious to clamour to remain in the EU once they realise that they were?

The first question has been addressed many times here.

The second question- because it is in the interests of the working (and non-working) classes to do so!

It is a shame Luncheon Voucher-246 has me on ignore, I could do with a laugh.

7 minutes ago, alibongo said:

The first question has been addressed many times here.

The second question- because it is in the interests of the working (and non-working) classes to do so!

You seem fixated by money, and your only concern seems to be if something might be cheaper, or people might, by some vague method of accountancy (i.e. making things up), have more money if they do this than if they do that. That seems to be the only motivation that you have, and you believe that anyone else has. 

1 hour ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

You seem fixated by money, and your only concern seems to be if something might be cheaper, or people might, by some vague method of accountancy (i.e. making things up), have more money if they do this than if they do that. That seems to be the only motivation that you have, and you believe that anyone else has. 

No no, what I want is to keep the NHS un-privatised, and to keep, or preferably increase, our levels of spending on social care.

This takes money.

Money the Tories would like to keep to their own Establishment selves

Edited by alibongo

2 hours ago, alibongo said:

I think a second referendum will be inevitably proposed as soon as the electorate realise they were hoodwinked, but it will be put off, and put off, in the hope that it will eventually be forgotten.

Its actually not just Vauxhall....the whole european arm has been sold

2 hours ago, alibongo said:

Haha!

We flogged off Rolls Royce to the Germans years ago, may as well as give away the rest of our industry, eh, Manfred von?

Harrods to the Middle East.

Most of the City to the Chinese.

Some much for controlling our borders when most of the world now owns the UK and must be allowed access.

Umm RR still makes cars at Goodwood

3 hours ago, alibongo said:

You mean hoodwinked as in Cameron the Craven promised to abide by the decision made in the referendum?

Or hoodwinked as in May promised to uphold Cameron the Craven's broken promise (regardless of her own personal views) but eventually doesn't?

18 hours ago, Essan said:

You mean hoodwinked as in Cameron the Craven promised to abide by the decision made in the referendum?

Or hoodwinked as in May promised to uphold Cameron the Craven's broken promise (regardless of her own personal views) but eventually doesn't?

New poll suggests majority would rather stay in EU than leave on Theresa May's terms:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-news-theresa-may-plan-leave-eu-no-plan-uk-public-oppose-prime-minister-a7614526.html

This view is likely to harden as austerity starts to bite, I imagine.

hello Ali. 

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 1

Actually does anyone think that the May government is so obsessed with brixt that it's neglecting all the other functions of government? Such as being completely indifferent to the idiotic decisions that her predecessor and his unqualified Chancellor pushed through in their obsession with Austerity? Such as this, which is absurd whichever way you try to look at it:

http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/15136768._Regret__as_last_day_of_operations_for_Portland_Coastguard_Helicopter_is_confirmed/?action=success#comment_18093054

39 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Actually does anyone think that the May government is so obsessed with brixt that it's neglecting all the other functions of government? Such as being completely indifferent to the idiotic decisions that her predecessor and his unqualified Chancellor pushed through in their obsession with Austerity? Such as this, which is absurd whichever way you try to look at it:

http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/15136768._Regret__as_last_day_of_operations_for_Portland_Coastguard_Helicopter_is_confirmed/?action=success#comment_18093054

Since we are back to Dorset, let me express my latest woes.

Everyone knows I am not concerned with my own circumstances, only trying to help others, well, I live in a nice village (Corfe Mullen).

We have a 500 acre recreation ground for football, cricket and walking our dogs (I have an adorable 2 year old Golden Retriever called Arabella).

We have one of the countries' oldest under-shot watermills, a 14th century church, and several thatched cottages.

A primary school, middle and upper school, all highly rated.

In short, I live in a nice, traditional English village.

But here's the latest example of not-thought-through nonsense from the Government: they are proposing 200 so-called affordable social houses to be built here!

No-one wants them: we don't, and the people they house won't fit in.

At the moment we have to close off vehicular access to the rec when the Great Dorset Steam Fair is here, to stop travellers setting up camps, now we'll have to barricade our houses to keep out the hordes.

We, it won't happen- we are going to create a large demo against it- it is the thin edge of the wedge (and not just because it will bring down house prices).

If Dorset has to accommodate social housing people, they can be housed in Dorchester, or one  the larger towns.

Crazy government thinking.

On 06/03/2017 at 8:53 AM, alibongo said:

A second referendum? That will see the people voting by an even larger margin to leave the EU.

There's no turning back now, Remoaners. Britain is leaving the EU.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 1

Rumours going round that Fallon's 2nd brexit vote proposel may be rejected

9 hours ago, alibongo said:

Everyone knows I am not concerned with my own circumstances, only trying to help others, well, I live in a nice village (Corfe Mullen).

We have a 500 acre recreation ground for football, cricket and walking our dogs (I have an adorable 2 year old Golden Retriever called Arabella).

We have one of the countries' oldest under-shot watermills, a 14th century church, and several thatched cottages.

But here's the latest example of not-thought-through nonsense from the Government: they are proposing 200 so-called affordable social houses to be built here!

At the moment we have to close off vehicular access to the rec when the Great Dorset Steam Fair is here, to stop travellers setting up camps, now we'll have to barricade our houses to keep out the hordes.

We, it won't happen- we are going to create a large demo against it- it is the thin edge of the wedge (and not just because it will bring down house prices).

If Dorset has to accommodate social housing people, they can be housed in Dorchester, or one  the larger towns.

So what your saying is, you like open borders, freedom of movement, cheap labour. But not if those people need to be housed in your quaint little village and effects your house price?  

That said I do agree with you. People do need to make a stand. Far too many beautiful villages and towns are being ruined by ugly, cheaply made housing estates that don't fit their surroundings. 

Wouldn't it be funny if all the people moving in were thick Northerners who just made big bucks from all the shale oil in their back gardens, all buying second homes by the sea. Sort of like Dallas with Lancashire accents. Can you imagine them all down your (their) local talking about how good it was to vote out so they don't have to give the EU a cut of their Oil profits. 

Edited by likwidlite
  • Like 1

On 06/03/2017 at 8:49 AM, Frank Merton said:

I think in the end the politicians will find a way for Britain to stay in the EU, at least de facto.  There is too much disruption to everyone, and too much harm to Britain, for things to end up otherwise.  For a year or more the noise will all be exit and negotiating exit, but it will end up amounting to just camouflage for a reality that keeps Britain and Europe closely tied together.

(It might even happen, as tempers settle and people have a chance to think more deeply, that a second referendum or something along those lines will happen and the whole thing will go away).  Of course a few extremists will demonstrate, but they do that sort of thing all the time anyway.

This was threatened before the vote and none of it came true so why would we change our minds now? have you heard any Brexiteers on here saying they regret it.

10 hours ago, alibongo said:

Where are all your lovely Poles going to live? anywhere but not by you hey.

4 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

Where are all your lovely Poles going to live? anywhere but not by you hey.

In the now vacated refugee camp at Calais. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

This was threatened before the vote and none of it came true so why would we change our minds now? have you heard any Brexiteers on here saying they regret it.

"None of it came true." Are you serious? 

Well, I don't know if any of it has come true yet, all the predictions of this, that and the other, because it hasn't happened yet, so I suppose technically it is true.

2 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Well, I don't know if any of it has come true yet, all the predictions of this, that and the other, because it hasn't happened yet, so I suppose technically it is true.

View from the Mash:http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/after-brexit-we-set-sail-for-america-says-may-20170117120384

After Brexit we set sail for America, says May

THERESA May told Britain today that once a clean Brexit is achieved, Britain will weigh anchor and sail across the Atlantic to the New World. 

The prime minister outlined her plan to cut all ties with the continent including geographical ones, leaving Britain free to roam the world with impunity. 

She continued: “We cannot hold on to bits of European membership, apart from free trade, bank passporting and a few others, so to continue being physically linked to it is more than Britain can bear. 

Edited by alibongo