Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brexit

alibongo

1 minute ago, Pop It and Shove It said:

You're a bit late with the anti Brexit smear campaign.

Name calling without any logic to back it up.  You can do better.

Just now, Pop It and Shove It said:

You're a bit out of date on world affairs, there's no major push for Northern Ireland independence/reunification with Ireland, Scotland chose to stay. Even if it goes down the line, it has a tiny population and will leech off the EU as it won't be able to stay afloat. their own taxes can't even keep them in the black, the UK pays them an extra 26% in that department. England alone would continue to be comparable to other major European countries, you've already shown why you really don't like Brexit...your global government dream...sounds like a recipe for dictatorship.

There is a lot of push -- you are just not aware, or you willfully blind yourself to reality.  "Sounds like a recipe for dictatorship."  Really, now that is ignorant beyond comprehension.  Dictatorship is possible in any government, but less likely by far in a world confederation.  It is always a possibility everywhere, and most of the world now is basically a dictatorship.

3 minutes ago, Pop It and Shove It said:

You clearly don't realise how big the smear compaign was in the UK, none of their major threats of doom occurred.

Give it it time.  British science has already gone down the sinkhole and scientists are leaving in droves.

1 minute ago, Pop It and Shove It said:

You know better sitting there in...Cambodia, while I live here, some of my family even Scottish. Independence was rejected soundly, there's little  chance of another for at least 5-10 years - the PM already ruled it out and 99% of opinion polls say Scottish don't even want another one. So if most of the world now is a dictatorship, what makes you think a global government would be different? All that would be different is refugees would have nowhere to go escape tyranny...

Put your crystal ball down and take note of corporations investing billions despite Brexit.

Well now you are pushing lies.  Sorry but I have better things to do and will from now on refrain from reading what you post if you can't be honest.

17 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

P.S. 

For future discussions, it's worth remembering that 'EUROPE' and 'the E.U.' are two totally different things.

The first is a continent of which we are part, the second is a relatively small group of politicians with an agenda to create a 'federal europe' run by themselves with no recourse to the public vote of the nations they oversee.

Hope that makes things a bit clearer.

The EU dominates Europe. 

7 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

All you can say is "yawn."  Don't you realize how that proves your opponent is right and that you won't listen but are instead just arrogant?

No, it implies that the person to whom he's replying can only parrot the same old things over and over and has nothing new, and certainly nothing persuasive, to say. 

"If a hard Brexit happens it would be pretty devastating and it would be the biggest sort of shot in the foot that the British people have ever done to themselves … (I) hope that sense will prevail and that when all the facts are known and are on the table, I would hope that a second referendum could take place based on real facts and not on the facts that people were given," Branson told CNBC.

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

The smug super-rich never seem to realise that when they treat the plebs to their condescending wisdom, it just strengthens people's disdain for the incredibly rich patronising them, do they. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

No, it implies that the person to whom he's replying can only parrot the same old things over and over and has nothing new, and certainly nothing persuasive, to say. 

We disagree on this one.  That response says the person is rude, unable to provide a good answer, and should be ignored.  It may be that nothing new has been posted -- that happens all the time -- but is not an excuse.

10 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

The EU dominates Europe. 

And there's the problem.

5 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

The smug super-rich never seem to realise that when they treat the plebs to their condescending wisdom, it just strengthens people's disdain for the incredibly rich patronising them, do they. 

Reminds me of the last days of the Roman Republic.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

And there's the problem.

Fair enough. But for a very long time Europe was dominated by the U.S. and Russia. Whats your view on that?

19 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

Reminds me of the last days of the Roman Republic.

A tad extreme don't you think, Frank? The main players that make up the EU (minus brexit Britain) will still influence Europe even without the EU. 

11 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

A tad extreme don't you think, Frank? The main players that make up the EU (minus brexit Britain) will still influence Europe even without the EU. 

In fact I had the general trend of world politics in mind.  Also note I did not refer to Rome in general but to the Republic specifically.  What I had in mind was how each segment was vying for power with no consideration of the general good (about the only exceptions are the remainers in Britain along with Germany and Japan).  It is something of an invitation for a Caesar to come along, which plainly neither Putin nor Trump would refuse.

29 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

What I had in mind was how each segment was vying for power with no consideration of the general good (about the only exceptions are the remainers in Britain along with Germany and Japan).

gee whiz. They're very stylish, those new rose tinted spectacles you've got. "Remainers just want to remain in the EU because they just care about people and want everyone to be happy and nice and prosperous and live in a happy nice multicultural world where everyone joins hands and sings slightly hippy songs about being nice."

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

gee whiz. They're very stylish, those new rose tinted spectacles you've got. "Remainers just want to remain in the EU because they just care about people and want everyone to be happy and nice and prosperous and live in a happy nice multicultural world where everyone joins hands and sings slightly hippy songs about being nice."

I am of the view that the vote to withdraw was obtained from uninformed people (it's really a mix of seriously complicated issues) with lies.  If that is so, it can't be good.  I think the reality is Britain will withdraw without actually withdrawing -- just put new rules on immigration but keep the trade agreements -- but as time passes there seems to be a revenge motive developing in Europe to punish the British, and if they decide to do that Britain will suffer.  Not only that but all of Europe will suffer, and by derivation, all the world.

The world has enough problems with an idiot in the US Presidency, a kleptomaniac running Russia and would-be dictators for life running China and Turkey. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

I am of the view that the vote to withdraw was obtained from uninformed people (it's really a mix of seriously complicated issues) with lies.  If that is so, it can't be good.  I think the reality is Britain will withdraw without actually withdrawing -- just put new rules on immigration but keep the trade agreements -- but as time passes there seems to be a revenge motive developing in Europe to punish the British, and if they decide to do that Britain will suffer.  Not only that but all of Europe will suffer, and by derivation, all the world.

The world has enough problems with an idiot in the US Presidency, a kleptomaniac running Russia and would-be dictators for life running China and Turkey. 

Wrong. The vote to withdraw from the E.U. was obtained by people who have lived with the E.U. had 40 years of observing the E.U. and have seen how the E.U. operates & the direction in which it is going. It has been often stated by remainers that it was the older generation that mostly voted out, i.e. the ones who have seen the E.U. morph from a simple trading block into a political movement that is now even talking about having it's own army.

p.s. It is also often stated by remainers that the vote to leave the E.U. will adversely affect the future prospects of the British youth. How does that square with the massive youth unemployment in Italy, Spain & Greece?

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 4

To be rude and paraphrase Frank Merton...

...I am of the view that the vote to REMAIN was obtained from uninformed people (it's really a mix of seriously complicated issues) with lies THAT HAVE NOW BEEN PROVEN,.  If that is so, it can't be good.  I think the reality is Britain will withdraw without actually withdrawing -- just put new rules on immigration but keep the trade agreements -- but as time passes there seems to be a revenge motive developing in Europe to punish the British, and if they decide to do that Britain will TURN FURTHER OUTWARD AND VIRTUALLY LEAVE THE EU TO FESTER IN ITS OWN CORRUPTION . ALL of EU will suffer, and THE REST OF THE WORLD WILL NOT EVEN NOTICE

...There... that seems much more accurate .

• Like 1

I was just going to say that, yes. Of course,it's because, erm, property values will be so low in London after Brexist because the UK will be plunged into a dark and gloomy pit of depression, yes, that's why.

[/Ali attempting to save face]

On 3/21/2017 at 8:06 AM, alibongo said:

I don't like poor people, that's true.

I don't see what they get out of it, apart from joining the labour party and moaning.

Why not just get a well-paid job?

On 3/21/2017 at 0:32 AM, alibongo said:

I like your name, and also the little clip about borrowing money!

Your politics, not so much.

We are led by a remainer PM., by a very close vote (52vs.48) to a financial disaster, when we could have used all this energy to transform the EU to our benefit.

The saddest thing is that the people who voted to leave will suffer the most.

It is a strange fact about the UK that people feel bus stops and phone booths are suitable places to pee, defecate and damage.

The wealthy drive past in cars. They then go to meetings to decide whether we should continue funding for bus stops and telephone booths for the working class slobs who destroy them.

These same people, who pee in phone booths, feel it is okay to destroy the UK.Okay, good luck to you. Don't expect the wealthy to bail you out.

These seem to have slipped through CERN's revisionist net, more's the pity.

• Like 1

Just now, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

I was just going to say that, yes. Of course,it's because, erm, property values will be so low in London after Brexist because the UK will be plunged into a dark and gloomy pit of depression, yes, that's why.

[/Ali attempting to save face]

yeah this will be us after Brexit

• Like 3

Well, people seem to have somewhat lost interest, but apparently it's happening today or something, 

For those who dreamed of this moment, a toast to Brexit

TELEGRAPH VIEW

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 2

Today (in the words of Mrs Thatcher) REJOICE!

Then thank and say a prayer for Nigel Farage, without whom it would never have happened.  He deserves a statue on the spare 4th plinth in Trafalgar Square.

:santa:

• Like 1