Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brexit

alibongo

1 hour ago, RAyMO said:

Brexit will happen - the question now is the shape and nature of that exit. I doubt anyone truly believes it will the same as May envisaged before the recent election. 

You mean what the people envisaged, there's only Brexit not leaving the single market isn't Brexit, getting the best deal we can while leaving the single market is just the same today as it was 12 months ago, there's only in or out nothing else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skookum said:

The owner of a loss making investment company telling us all what is best for the UK financially . Hypocrisy at its best. 

What i didnt like about Gina Miller was she was used as a front for others who remained anonymous and while the BBC and the like where focused on the main court battle there was a second Gina Miller & associates court case with them associates fighting to keep their identity secret and remain anonymous. the court ruled in their favour, but who exactly where the people behind her pulling the strings.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

What i didnt like about Gina Miller was she was used as a front for others who remained anonymous and while the BBC and the like where focused on the main court battle there was a second Gina Miller & associates court case with them associates fighting to keep their identity secret and remain anonymous. the court ruled in their favour, but who exactly where the people behind her pulling the strings.

Gina Miller stands for a lot of foreign values towards the UK.  Put it another way 50 years ago you could walk into the Australia unquestioned and America about 100 years ago.  If you were seeking a new life they invited you in opened armed.  Since then they require strict visas the UK has become the best option for next best to the Australia/American Dream.

The UK offers a good standard of living and has the advantage of you just having to have some kind of EU registration to live here.  I suppose it is like if the UK was a third World country and loads of us emigrated to the USA unchallenged the ones who reached there would campaign for the ones who have not if borders would close, its human nature.     

I was going to post an article from the Telegraph explaining how Theresa May is going to something or other, but it fades out after the first paragraph and says

To continue reading this Premium article

Register for free and access one Premium article per week

Enjoy unlimited access to Premium articles with a subscription

• Subscriber-only events and experiences
  • Access Premium articles on our mobile app

30-day free trial

then only £2 per week

so they can go **** themselves.

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, stevewinn said:

I did find this about the whole Gina~Stooge~Miller shenanigans ...

George Soros is a major meddler in world affairs and he himself is probably the Front - the (willing) Fall Guy of more
Shadowy Globalist groups working behind the scenes -

He is accused of financing semi violent demonstrations against Donald Trump as well ---

Links to the Express are blocked but the article can be found under the title --

Is Soros FUNDING Gina Miller? Remainer’s EU group ‘has strong links with Europhile tycoon’

http://www.*** blocked ***/news/uk/803869/Gina-Miller-Brexit-George-Soros-Article-50-court-case-UK-EU-Open-Society

FEARS have been raised that a foreign billionaire who crashed the pound in the 1990s and has been dubbed “a large bodied predator” is behind Gina Miller's attempts to scupper Brexit.

~~~~~

She is even funding SNP candidates who are campaigning to break up Britain.

Now a leading thinktank has linked her with the Hungarian born American magnate George Soros, who infamously made £1billion on black Wednesday in 1992 when he forced the pound to devalue causing an economic crisis in Britain.

~~~~~

The billionaire, who funds the Open Society Foundation, has used his wealth to regularly interfere in EU politics to force Europe to accept thousands of migrants from the Middle East and Africa.

He has also intervened to try to keep the EU from falling apart even publishing a book on the subject - The Tragedy of the European Union.

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

you know it's a complete sick joke how the Mind Control Media and the Global Social Engineers twist everything
around - they must think they are being very clever trying to frame Russia and Putin for interfering with elections etc

when it is THEM who are doing that all around the world - and are paying particular attention to Britain and America
at the moment because of Brexit and the Trump Presidency -

Also from the Express article  --

The row has broken out after Ms Miller joined a group of Remoaner supporters in Westminster for a conference which also included wealthy luvvies musicians Jarvis Cocker and Bob Geldof and author Ian McEwan.

In her speech opening the Convention, she raised the prospect that the vote could be reversed.

She said: “We don't know how Europe might change in the next two years and we certainly don’t know the final deal yet so to decide now exactly what we will do is insane.”

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

hey everyone, on the subject of Brexit Britain, I've just been looking thru the brochure for the Offbeat Festival, which as I'm sure you know is on in Oxford this week, and I've found just the thing that I know you'll all love!

#TORYCORE

A fiercely political convergence of death metal and theatre, #TORYCORE vocalises a response to Conservative Party policies thru music, speeches, PowerPoint and rage. It's a guttural, expressive experience made up of Tory doctrine, political contexts and the impact of austerity over the past five years.

"The rage is palpable, the impact terrific, and the force of despair almost agonising" ~ The Scotsman. 

I've reserved some tickets for you, just ask at the door. ^_^

33 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

"The rage is palpable, the impact terrific, and the force of despair almost agonising" ~ The Scotsman. 

I've reserved some tickets for you, just ask at the door. ^_^

very kind of you and thanks but no thanks -

I'm trying to keep the rage, despair and agony down to a minimum at the mo.... 

5 hours ago, bee said:

you know it's a complete sick joke how the Mind Control Media and the Global Social Engineers twist everything
around - they must think they are being very clever trying to frame Russia and Putin for interfering with elections etc

when it is THEM who are doing that all around the world - and are paying particular attention to Britain and America
at the moment because of Brexit and the Trump Presidency -

Also from the Express article  --

You have enough material for a Dan Brown novel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eugeneonegin said:

You have enough material for a Dan Brown novel.

well truth is said to be stranger than fiction and as your avatar quote says .. 'You couldn't make it up!'...... ;)

• Like 2

Why are we even negotiating?

Why don't we just say: we have had enough, we're out, you take your nationals back, we will take our nationals back, we'll close the border, and start trade negotiations with the EU and the rest of the world as we see fit?

It could be done and dusted so quickly, it is frustrating seeing all this dithering.

We have a strong government (strong and stable, I believe is the correct term), fully backed by the Brexit majority, get on with it I say!

5 hours ago, eugeneonegin said:

Why are we even negotiating?

Why don't we just say: we have had enough, we're out, you take your nationals back, we will take our nationals back, we'll close the border, and start trade negotiations with the EU and the rest of the world as we see fit?

It could be done and dusted so quickly, it is frustrating seeing all this dithering.

We have a strong government (strong and stable, I believe is the correct term), fully backed by the Brexit majority, get on with it I say!

Is this satirical?

1 hour ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Is this satirical?

The bit about a strong and stable government is. But the government is backed by Leavers who want out, so they will get support whatever happens.

But the rest isn't. Brexit means Brexit, why negotiate?

Why is May now giving EU citizens rights to reside in the UK?There are 3 million of them.

7 minutes ago, eugeneonegin said:

The bit about a strong and stable government is. But the government is backed by Leavers who want out, so they will get support whatever happens.

But the rest isn't. Brexit means Brexit, why negotiate?

Why is May now giving EU citizens rights to reside in the UK?There are 3 million of them.

Well, (a) "Brexit meaning Brexit" meaning cutting off all cooperation and having to force everyone and all business and so on to start entirely from scratch like how Ms. May would seem to want it would be cutting off the nation's entire nose purely to spite the Eurocrats of Brussels, it'd just be petulantly irresponsible playground politics, and (b) like it or not, these 3 million EU citizens that are taking jobs out of the mouths of Brits are often doing the jobs that brits don't want to do because it doesn't pay enough. It's just petty and vindictive, not to mention spectacularly deluded, for Ms. May to delude herself into imagining that she's the new Churchill, or for that matter the new Thatcher and can rally the nation behind her while defiantly standing up against the tyrants across the Channel.

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 1

On 6/27/2017 at 9:24 AM, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Well, (a) "Brexit meaning Brexit" meaning cutting off all cooperation and having to force everyone and all business and so on to start entirely from scratch like how Ms. May would seem to want it would be cutting off the nation's entire nose purely to spite the Eurocrats of Brussels, it'd just be petulantly irresponsible playground politics, and (b) like it or not, these 3 million EU citizens that are taking jobs out of the mouths of Brits are often doing the jobs that brits don't want to do because it doesn't pay enough. It's just petty and vindictive, not to mention spectacularly deluded, for Ms. May to delude herself into imagining that she's the new Churchill, or for that matter the new Thatcher and can rally the nation behind her while defiantly standing up against the tyrants across the Channel.

How can one person be so wrong. it does make one wonder where you get your information, Why would ALL business start entirely from scratch. only 11% of UK Businesses trade globally, of that less than 5% with the EU. So its not all Businesses now is it. - also starting from scratch, erm, no, those businesses already meet the regulations and standards for importing/exporting to the EU. I've said many times the average tariff for exports / imports would be 1%, but lets say for arguments sake its 5%, well the British pound has fallen 10% -15% that alone negates tariff impact.

On the 3 Million EU citizens, So, The UK government announces those EU citizens who are here in the country can remain, those who've been here for five years will have settled status and those who are here but for less than 5 years will get to stay and reach the 5 year status of settled status, those who arrive after the cut off date will have 2 years to sort out their status. ALL EU citizens will have the same rights as British citizens under British Law.

Oh, and your Brexit means Brexit, Today in the House of Commons voted: - Pro-EU Labour MP Chuka Umunna's proposal; Amendment on the UK remaining part of the EU's single market and customs Union, it was defeated;  It was defeated by 322 votes to 101, majority 221, Theresa May didn't even need the DUP.

Brexit means Brexit. suck it up.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 2

The PM has actually made a spectacularly generous offer to the EU migrants here-even allowing relatives of "settled" migrants to come here, the EU responds by saying that is not good enough!! In fact these migrants become "Super-Migrants" because unlike the other EU27 citizens they will also retain the right to free travel within the much diminished EU.

I do not agree with the PM however on agreeing to pay child benefit for absent children-that should be the responsibility of the country they are living in, not the UK.

I see we have another Muslim cleric (Tarik Chadlioui) with Belgian nationality who we cannot deport despite being closely linked to inspiring the Bataclan atrocity. Of course he is getting Legal Aid from us, the UK Taxpayer because he is taking the requested extradition (by  Spain curiously) to the European Court of Human Rights....this is just another tool used to subjugate any sense of nationhood and to bring us low. IMO  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, keithisco said:

The PM has actually made a spectacularly generous offer to the EU migrants here-even allowing relatives of "settled" migrants to come here, the EU responds by saying that is not good enough!! In fact these migrants become "Super-Migrants" because unlike the other EU27 citizens they will also retain the right to free travel within the much diminished EU.

I do not agree with the PM however on agreeing to pay child benefit for absent children-that should be the responsibility of the country they are living in, not the UK.

I see we have another Muslim cleric (Tarik Chadlioui) with Belgian nationality who we cannot deport despite being closely linked to inspiring the Bataclan atrocity. Of course he is getting Legal Aid from us, the UK Taxpayer because he is taking the requested extradition (by  Spain curiously) to the European Court of Human Rights....this is just another tool used to subjugate any sense of nationhood and to bring us low. IMO  

Spectacularly?  I don't think PM May is doing anything that doesn't advantage the U.K as well. Immigration is economically positive. I wish there just was an easier way to deport trouble makers like these Muslim fundamentists that think it's their right to impose their values and religion on others. This is an area that the EU has miserably failed in and let's hope the UK digs its heals in and makes a distinction between good guests and bad ones in any agreement it signs.  

Maybe the UK should sign an agreement with Saudi Arabia and Turkey to this effect.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Spectacularly?  I don't think PM May is doing anything that doesn't advantage the U.K as well. Immigration is economically positive. I wish there just was an easier way to deport trouble makers like these Muslim fundamentists that think it's their right to impose their values and religion on others. This is an area that the EU has miserably failed in and let's hope the UK digs its heals in and makes a distinction between good guests and bad ones in any agreement it signs.  

Maybe the UK should sign an agreement with Saudi Arabia and Turkey to this effect.

Or, implement a 90 day travel ban on those coming from the top 6 Islamic countries that are spawning troublemakers? So that better vetting could be done of those people?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Or, implement a 90 day travel ban on those coming from the top 6 Islamic countries that are spawning troublemakers? So that better vetting could be done of those people?

...and would that list of 6 top Islamic trouble making countries be the same as Trumps? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

...and would that list of 6 top Islamic trouble making countries be the same as Trumps? 

I rather doubt that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia would appear on either.

• Like 1

Umm.. the list wouldn't be "the same as Trumps", it would be "the same as Obama's". The list was drafted up under Obama's jurisdiction !

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

:o Huh? Maybe........ 

I do believe these 6 nations are agree across the majority of other nations as being the root of many troublesome Islamist individuals. Like RoofGardener said, this is actually the Democrats/Obamas's list.

Edited by DieChecker

2 hours ago, DieChecker said:

:o Huh? Maybe........ 

I do believe these 6 nations are agree across the majority of other nations as being the root of many troublesome Islamist individuals. Like RoofGardener said, this is actually the Democrats/Obamas's list.

I'm sure that's very true, which is why the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia won't be on any of them.