Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brexit

alibongo

6 minutes ago, alibongo said:

You're still doing it, equating brexit with far-right wing hatred and fear of foreigners. It does get very boring

Edited by Grand Moff Tarkin
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

You're still doing it, equating brexit with far-right wing hatred and fear of foreigners. It does get very boring

Its worth Reminding Alibongo that this outcome in Austria is the same outcome from the first vote in May, a full month before the Brexit vote took place - Doesn't this prove how desperate he and his ilk are to tag anything on to Brexit.

• Like 2

On 4 December 2016 at 5:36 PM, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

You're confusing free trade - trading freely with nations all around the world - with globalisation - exploitation of poorer countries as a source of cheapo labour. Free trade means treating other countries as equal trading partners. In fact, you're doing what Ali and Silver L do, equating anti-EU with the pull up the drawbridge hatred of foreigner mentality. 

Free trade is globalisation!  

On 4 December 2016 at 5:37 PM, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

did you used to be called something else? I can't say I recognise the name 

Wow, what a genius you are. 

Anyone reading about the Italian vote? Not related to brexit or anything like that, but its bigger than the Austrian vote

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

Anyone reading about the Italian vote? Not related to brexit or anything like that, but its bigger than the Austrian vote

Not related to Brexit, but still promises to be another huge blow to the EU!

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 1

If the judges cave in to the government, I should imagine there will be such popular outcry a second Brexit will need to be held.

Wonder which way Theresa May goes when we have a Remain result?LOL

18 minutes ago, alibongo said:

If the judges cave in to the government, I should imagine there will be such popular outcry a second Brexit will need to be held.

Wonder which way Theresa May goes when we have a Remain result?LOL

So basically this doesn't end until you get the outcome you want?  Do you not see how down right, unconstitutionally, anti democratic your stance is?

you live in a dream world!

• Like 2

Alibongo sure does have a twisted logic - Surely if the Judges rule in favour of the Government they are just following the Law, something which he was applauding when Gina Miller & unknowns won the case at the high court. i expect him to applaud again if the Government wins at the Supreme Court.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

Alibongo sure does have a twisted logic - Surely if the Judges rule in favour of the Government they are just following the Law, something which he was applauding when Gina Miller & unknowns won the case at the high court. i expect him to applaud again if the Government wins at the Supreme Court.

It may be necessary to suspend democracy to do what is morally right.

31 minutes ago, alibongo said:

That's what happens when Theresa May threw her lot in with liars and manipulators. She had her chance to be a statesman and make a success outta brexit by being generous and inclusive off all the country, no matter which way they voted. Instead, she decided to turn the UK into an extension of the UKiP.  

45 minutes ago, alibongo said:

Er....no.  Thats what May is trying to do. 

43 minutes ago, alibongo said:

Why suspend anything? The people voted brexit and its May's job to show them the best possible and realistic model for just that. If the people like it then by all means thats what the people should have. Put it back to a vote. And give the people what they like. May has no blank cheque to do as she likes. The referendum was vague and so is the May governments powers to do as she likes. 

Just now, Captain Risky said:

Why suspend anything? The people voted brexit and its May's job to show them the best possible and realistic model for just that. If the people like it then by all means thats what the people should have. Put it back to a vote. And give the people what they like. May has no blank cheque to do as she likes. The referendum was vague and so is the May governments powers to do as she likes. 

More or less right.  Its certainly needs to go before parliament.  May cant just make it up as she goes along. 

2 minutes ago, Torchwood said:

Er....no.  Thats what May is trying to do. 

Err... no. What May is doing is counter productive to Britain's interests and democracy.

Just now, Captain Risky said:

Err... no. What May is doing is counter productive to Britain's interests and democracy.

exactly...thats what i said.;)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Torchwood said:

More or less right.  Its certainly needs to go before parliament.  May cant just make it up as she goes along. 

It's not just making it up that has me worried. Its the lack of consultations with her peers and the electorate that should have ALL the UK worried. I thought brexit was for everyone and not just the establishments toy.

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Black Monk said:

Not related to Brexit, but still promises to be another huge blow to the EU!

I think brexit and the rise of Le Pen and now the Italian vote is a wake up call for Brussels. The people, right or wrong want their national governments to have more powers and less Europe. Its push back time. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

It's not just making it up that has me worried. Its the lack of consultations with her peers and the electorate that should have ALL the UK worried. I thought brexit was for everyone and not just the establishments toy.

Ha! Only a small minority will benefit from Brexit. You'll easily recognise them- the rich and powerful.  Funnily they're the exact same group (though not necessarily the same individuals ) who would have benefited most from remain too.  The rest of us will get screwed either way. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer ad infinatum...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alibongo said:

That could very easily be something Herr Doktor Goebbels said.

(Yes, I'll take the Godwin points, I'm due some.)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alibongo said:

claiming-judges-unfairly-vilified-longer-travel-public-transport-abuse.html

Judges will no longer travel by publick transport?? when ever did they, unless a limo driven by Parker does count as public transport. 

• Like 2

On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:41 AM, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

It's you that was misled if you believed that the enemy were paranoid little englanders who wanted to lock themselves inside their fortress and refuse to have anything to do with foreigners. 

Your main objection to brexit seems to be that everyone will be £250 a week worse off and you won't be able to employ cheap foreign labour. 

They're actually not bad reasons, are they?

Who would vote to be £250 per week less well off and UK industry losing a pool of cheap (and unreplaceable) labour?