Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brexit

alibongo

34 minutes ago, alibongo said:

They're actually not bad reasons, are they?

Who would vote to be £250 per week less well off and UK industry losing a pool of cheap (and unreplaceable) labour?

Other than a millionaire ex- public schoolboy named Farage, of course (worth £3m, salary over £100k per year).

They are all playing you for suckers.

Edited by alibongo

10 hours ago, alibongo said:

Other than a millionaire ex- public schoolboy named Farage, of course (worth £3m, salary over £100k per year).

They are all playing you for suckers.

He's fun though. Donald Trump is fun. Hillarity Clinton and Frau Merkel aren't fun. Give me someone with some personality over dour scowling frumps any day.

OMG, that's probably misogynistic. sorry to anyone who's had to retreat to their Safe Space and cuddle a puppy. :( 

This reminds me of the Soviet Union, great and powerful nation. But filled with corruption and no free speech, life restricted. The Berlin wall comes down, mass protests in countries  and start thier own republics.

The collapse of the EU is following the trends of the Soviet Union imo.

Having followed this thread from the beginning I've seen good and bad arguments from both sides . But the one thing that has become apparent is this:

Alibongo;

• Condones Rape and Sexual assault as a by-product of migration and cultural misunderstanding
  • Likes to exploit cheap labour
  • Only believes in Democracy when it suits him
  • Writes bigoted generalisations of people, regularly
  • Believes only certain people should have a voice and the right to vote
  • Voted In/Out and Didn't vote at all
  • Can't find the lights on a Ford Fiesta. From another thread but damn funny considering how many times he's called other people out on their intelligence. 
  • Like 2

I'd never been in a Ford before, only ever owned Nissans. Nissan have their light switch very intuitively on a stalk. (If anyone wants to know,Ford and Vauxhall have knobs on the dashboard, to the right of the steering wheel).

• Like 1

1. Of that list, the only thing you felt worthy of defending yourself was finding the lights in a car! 

2. You couldn't find the lights in one of the most popular models of car from one of the most popular car manufacturers in the WORLD and you call people out on their intelligence LMAO!!!

3. "If anyone wants to know,Ford and Vauxhall have knobs on the dashboard, to the right of the steering wheel." So do BMW, AUDI, VW, SEAT, MERCEDES, ALFA ROMEO, CHEVROLET, CADILLAC, CITREON, RENAULT, JAGUAR, VOLVO to name a few

Edited by likwidlite
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, likwidlite said:

1. Of that list, the only thing you felt worthy of defending yourself was finding the lights in a car! 

2. You couldn't find the lights in one of the most popular models of car from one of the most popular car manufacturers in the WORLD and you call people out on their intelligence LMAO!!!

3. "If anyone wants to know,Ford and Vauxhall have knobs on the dashboard, to the right of the steering wheel." So do BMW, AUDI, VW, SEAT, MERCEDES, ALFA ROMEO, CHEVROLET, CADILLAC, CITREON, RENAULT, JAGUAR, VOLVO to name a few

I didn't know that.

I don't have time to respond to the other points yet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, likwidlite said:

Having followed this thread from the beginning I've seen good and bad arguments from both sides . But the one thing that has become apparent is this:

Alibongo;

• Condones Rape and Sexual assault as a by-product of migration and cultural misunderstanding
  • Likes to exploit cheap labour
  • Only believes in Democracy when it suits him
  • Writes bigoted generalisations of people, regularly
  • Believes only certain people should have a voice and the right to vote
  • Voted In/Out and Didn't vote at all
  • Can't find the lights on a Ford Fiesta. From another thread but damn funny considering how many times he's called other people out on their intelligence. 

Don't forget:

• Has served in the military, but gained his combat experience from Call of Duty :gun:

I can't even post in this thread any more, outside of a few stabs of sarcasm. There are some intelligent posters here, dissecting one of the most important political decisions in our country's recent history. Then there's alibongo, who's clearly a wind-up merchant, undermining any chance of real debate from either side. He'd be better sticking to the Fun and Games section.

• Like 2

On 05/12/2016 at 1:03 PM, alibongo said:

The anti-Brexiters are undemocratic, snooty, lowlife scumbuckets, and Miller is amongst the worst of them.

They're a despicable bunch.

And any of those Supreme Court numpty judges who rule that only parliament can trigger Article 50 will, in my opinion and the opinions of most Britons, also deservedly acquire the aforementioned adjectives.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

Judges will no longer travel by publick transport?? when ever did they, unless a limo driven by Parker does count as public transport. 

One of those Supreme Court judges - who is of a eurosceptic bent - is a renowned expert on the Cathars: Lord Jonathan Sumption.

I know this because he is interviewed in a one-off 2005 Sir Tony Robinson documentary - which I have on DVD - called The Real Da Vinci Code. In it, Sumption tells us of the Cathars, a group of Christians who believed in two gods, one good and one evil.

11249163_sumption_132823c.jpg

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, alibongo said:

In response to those wanting some details on May's Brexit plans, she say it will be" red, white and blue". Talk about contempt for the electorate:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-brexit-red-white-and-blue-soundbite-a7458681.html

I agree with her.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

I agree with her.

The electorate is contemptible?

3 hours ago, alibongo said:

In response to those wanting some details on May's Brexit plans, she say it will be" red, white and blue". Talk about contempt for the electorate:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-brexit-red-white-and-blue-soundbite-a7458681.html

What's that supposed to mean? Is this some idea of a joke in politician-speak? And why's she standing in front of a helicopter? She's looking more and more like Maggie every single day isn't she.

But we should be grateful for her, bearing in mind what it could be like. The perma-scowling Frau Merkel ..

merkel-cdu-congress.jpg.gif

Frau Merkel has spoken

Angela Merkel: Theresa May cannot 'cherry pick' Brexit terms

More than 1,000 CDU delegates applaud and shout as German Chancellor stakes claim for historic fourth term in office

She's becoming quite... dictator-like, isn't she? Expect to see her thumping the lectern next.

Edited by Grand Moff Tarkin

* Actually, going back to Ms. May, this story might actually be a bit more helpful, since it does take the time to quote her and allow her to explain what she might perhaps mean..

Speaking during a two day visit to Bahrain, the Prime Minister said that getting a good deal which left Britain operating within a single European market was the key thing, rather than being hung up on labels.

"These terms that have been identified: hard Brexit, soft Brexit, black Brexit, white Brexit, grey Brexit. Actually, I think what we should be looking for is a red, white and blue Brexit. That is the right deal for the United Kingdom.

http://www.aol.co.uk/news/2016/12/06/theresa-may-aims-for-red-white-and-blue-brexit/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

* Actually, going back to Ms. May, this story might actually be a bit more helpful, since it does take the time to quote her and allow her to explain what she might perhaps mean..

Speaking during a two day visit to Bahrain, the Prime Minister said that getting a good deal which left Britain operating within a single European market was the key thing, rather than being hung up on labels.

"These terms that have been identified: hard Brexit, soft Brexit, black Brexit, white Brexit, grey Brexit. Actually, I think what we should be looking for is a red, white and blue Brexit. That is the right deal for the United Kingdom.

http://www.aol.co.uk/news/2016/12/06/theresa-may-aims-for-red-white-and-blue-brexit/

But why is she not giving any idea of what Brexit will actually be like?

She is waiting for the court ruling, which is unfair.

Other people have posted here that the Brexit they voted for might not be the one we get, and given the  short time frame to organise it, the sooner we know the better.

GMT and I are on the same side.

The UK voted for Brexit without knowing what they were voting for, it was a protest vote by the disenfranchised.

Lets hope May gives us a clue as to where we are heading.

May under fire for her £1,000 trousers

PM says she's not out of touch with ordinary people despite wearing leather trousers that cost £995

Also wears £295 Burberry trainers

:angry: 

But you want to see Frau Merkel's lederhosen. :-*

• Like 1

16 hours ago, alibongo said:

GMT and I are on the same side.

The UK voted for Brexit without knowing what they were voting for, it was a protest vote by the disenfranchised.

Lets hope May gives us a clue as to where we are heading.

I would argue that people knew exactly what they were voting for.  To leave the EU, that means to negotiate our own trade deals, control our own borders, make our own laws, control our own waters etc etc etc.

The only ones who don't seem to get it is the remainers who believe they are so much more intelligent.  They are the ones dissecting what they leave vote means in some desperate attempt to de-rail the will of the voters.  

Leave is leave, it is not hard to understand.  Maybe we will not be apart of the common market, maybe we will not find it as easy to travel round Europe, maybe we will end up social outcasts.  The fact is we will know even less until we start article 50 negotiations, unsurprisingly the very thing remainers are trying to block.

Crikey they call themselves the intelligent ones. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, skookum said:

I would argue that people knew exactly what they were voting for.  To leave the EU, that means to negotiate our own trade deals, control our own borders, make our own laws, control our own waters etc etc etc.

The only ones who don't seem to get it is the remainers who believe they are so much more intelligent.  They are the ones dissecting what they leave vote means in some desperate attempt to de-rail the will of the voters.  

Leave is leave, it is not hard to understand.  Maybe we will not be apart of the common market, maybe we will not find it as easy to travel round Europe, maybe we will end up social outcasts.  The fact is we will know even less until we start article 50 negotiations, unsurprisingly the very thing remainers are trying to block.

Crikey they call themselves the intelligent ones. 

they also conveniently forget the (Remain) Governments £9.3 million pound Leaflet drop to every single address the length and breadth of the Country. They also wanted to be spoon fed by the authorities. If Remainers were truly interested they'd have been more than aware that voting to Leave the EU was a Vote to Leave the single market. Alibongo on here didn't even vote, that's how interested he was during the whole campaign, the biggest vote in our country for the best part of a century, and where was he? playing call of duty probably. - its no wonder he's making mistakes and his only tool for debate is the current tactic of copy 'n paste. - he's missed it all playing on the virtual battle field. noob.

Image result for eu government leaflet

Our then British Prime Minister:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, alibongo said:

I put it to you that it was the Remainers who didn't really know what they were voting for and seem to have a vague blind faith
that the expanding EU with a wobbly currency and a migrant crisis will somehow all be ok in the end - like a fingers crossed
kind of thing --- a never mind if it all morphs into a european / global dictatorship kind of thing ---- because power doesn't corrupt kind 
of thing --- :) 

8 hours ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

May under fire for her £1,000 trousers

PM says she's not out of touch with ordinary people despite wearing leather trousers that cost £995

Also wears £295 Burberry trainers

:angry: 

well I expect Corbyn's trousers cost about a tenner so I don't think it's a very good guide .... :hmm:

maybe I should be PM --- I got a nice caramel brown jacket from a Red Cross charity shop last week - it was
a bit pricey at £3.50 but I went mad and got a pink v neck tea shirt to go with it at £2.50... :santa:

• Like 1

On 12/6/2016 at 5:07 PM, Black Monk said:

One of those Supreme Court judges - who is of a eurosceptic bent - is a renowned expert on the Cathars: Lord Jonathan Sumption.

I know this because he is interviewed in a one-off 2005 Sir Tony Robinson documentary - which I have on DVD - called The Real Da Vinci Code. In it, Sumption tells us of the Cathars, a group of Christians who believed in two gods, one good and one evil.

that's interesting - I've always had a 'thing' about the Cathars - Rennes le Chateau - the last stand at Montsegur etc etc
and I want to watch the Tony Robinson video that you posted - cheers for that -