Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brexit


alibongo
 Share

Recommended Posts

.

2 hours ago, skookum said:

 

The only ones who don't seem to get it is the remainers who believe they are so much more intelligent.  They are the ones dissecting what they leave vote means in some desperate attempt to de-rail the will of the voters.  

 

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

they also conveniently forget the (Remain) Governments £9.3 million pound Leaflet drop to every single address the length and breadth of the Country. They also wanted to be spoon fed by the authorities. If Remainers were truly interested they'd have been more than aware that voting to Leave the EU was a Vote to Leave the single market. 

 

 

Desperate Remainers - in denial of the Referendum result .... :rolleyes: 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

* This just in:

MPs vote to back Brexit timetable

Vote means Article 50 should be triggered by March, but government must also reveal its strategyHuge backing for compromise deal

 

You were saying, Ali?

Not only has she stood in front of a helicopter looking like the reincarnation of Lady T, she's staved (stove?) off a backbench Revolt and the way is now clear to lead us forward into a brighter future for all our tomorrows! Truly we are blessed to have her! :geek:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

* Note, further to that, a classic example of the HuffPost showing how it's not all biased in any way.

Some 89 MPs have refused to support the Government’s intention to start Brexit negotiations next year.  :o

That the vote was carried by 461 votes to 89 only gets a mention in smaller print further down, of course. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well , I have said this before.

Selfish.

Here we are typing away on PCs and laptops in comfortable homes, while there are thousands of families in the UK who are "just about managing" who will be just about managing less well when we have an increase in rents, mortgages and inflation.

There are hundreds of thousands of families taking out loans to pay for Xmas- yet we are happy to see them go to the wolves so we can have "Brexit".

There are single mums really struggling.

When oh when will the Brexiteers realise they are being treated as mugs?

Even the Ofsted boss said this week that had people in the North had proper education, the result would have been different.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, bee said:

 

well I expect Corbyn's trousers cost about a tenner so I don't think it's a very good guide .... :hmm:

maybe I should be PM --- I got a nice caramel brown jacket from a Red Cross charity shop last week - it was
a bit pricey at £3.50 but I went mad and got a pink v neck tea shirt to go with it at £2.50... :santa:

.    

I like you bee, but you are happy to sell the UK down-river - I just don't understand it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Crying in your cornflakes this morning then? Don't pretend you give a s**t about these people. Countless times you've shown nothing but contept for them. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, likwidlite said:

Crying in your cornflakes this morning then? Don't pretend you give a s**t about these people. Countless times you've shown nothing but contept for them. 

Banks and businesses already planning to move out of UK:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38245646

The UK working class  has really, really shot itself in the foot.

Edited by alibongo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

'SLOW GOLF CLAP FOR YOU' If you're going to just copy and past articles from the at least read the thing. 

1. There is NO reference to business at all as as you stated.

2. "SOME major banks are in advanced stages of PLANNING to shift SOME operations from London

3. Working class work for the city banks now? Ever met a City banker? Working class they are not. 

4. For someone who constantly claims the higher intelligence you do come across as a dumb F8ck

5. You really think the UK based banks are just going to up and leave one of the best perfomring economies in the Western World and The Fincacial Hub of the World. And those that do will just create a void which the others will fill very quickly. 

 
For your reference. 

SOME

adjective
1.
being an undetermined or unspecified one:
Some person may object.
 

PLANNING

noun
1.
the act or process of making a plan or plans
 
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, alibongo said:

Banks and businesses already planning to move out of UK:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38245646

The UK working class  has really, really shot itself in the foot.

Yeah i read that article this morning and found it indicative of the economic and social transformation that is going on in the UK. Right or wrong it seem that the UK is gonna irreversibly change. In this instance, the French and Germans aren't even waiting for article 50 to be triggered. They're out to pick the meat of the British EU carcass while the UK is still in the EU. 

What have you done poor Britain?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Yeah i read that article this morning and found it indicative of the economic and social transformation that is going on in the UK. Right or wrong it seem that the UK is gonna irreversibly change. In this instance, the French and Germans aren't even waiting for article 50 to be triggered. They're out to pick the meat of the British EU carcass while the UK is still in the EU. 

What have you done poor Britain?

It gives me no pleasure to be right about the realities of Brexit. There will be a lot of pain, borne by the poorest.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, alibongo said:

It gives me no pleasure to be right about the realities of Brexit. There will be a lot of pain, borne by the poorest.

One of my clients is a British ex pat and he said that the banking and finance industry is to Britain what mining is to Australia. And now they just urinated on it. Well done Nigel and Co. Brexit will go down as the greatest British folly... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I expect another influx of 10-pound poms, escaping the new austerity.

Image result for ten pound poms

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

One of my clients is a British ex pat and he said that the banking and finance industry is to Britain what mining is to Australia. And now they just urinated on it. Well done Nigel and Co. Brexit will go down as the greatest British folly... 

Ahh But you forgotten something..yu know how they like to be independent..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

One of my clients is a British ex pat and he said that the banking and finance industry is to Britain what mining is to Australia. And now they just urinated on it. Well done Nigel and Co. Brexit will go down as the greatest British folly... 

An ex pat? So tax avoidence person?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can someone please direct me to an article that DIRECTLY QUOTES the owner/CEO of one of the major London banks that they are WITHOUT A DOUBT leaving the UK Lock, stock and Barrel! All you are posting is 'Here say' from biased remain MSM.

Edited by likwidlite
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

An ex pat? So tax avoidence person?

Why would you think an ex pat is avoiding tax?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, likwidlite said:

Can someone please direct me to an article that DIRECTLY QUOTES the owner/CEO of one of the major London banks that they are WITHOUT A DOUBT leaving the UK Lock, stock and Barrel! All you are posting is 'Here say' from biased remain MSM.

...you see the problem with attempting to re-invent yourself or nation, like brexiting, is that it only really succeeds if you have encountered hard times or during an emergency and have no better options. Trying to do so with a well functioning and integrated european economy is ludicrous.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Annnd there's the misdirection.  Come on Captian. You're better than that. I've seen intelligent debates from you. 

P.s. I voted to remain. I just feel the need to call people out when they're talking s*it. Ali seems to do that a lot. So gets called out a lot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, likwidlite said:

Annnd there's the misdirection.  Come on Captian. You're better than that. I've seen intelligent debates from you. 

P.s. I voted to remain. I just feel the need to call people out when they're talking s*it. Ali seems to do that a lot. So gets called out a lot. 

What misdirection are you talking about?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Why would you think an ex pat is avoiding tax?

Because nearly all of them want to live of the lavish side of things

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I asked a very specific question. You quoted me, then wrote a reply which had little relevance to the question I asked. Classic diversion tactic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mr.United_Nations said:

Because nearly all of them want to live of the lavish side of things

So a British professional working temporarily in Australia does so to avoid tax?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, likwidlite said:

I asked a very specific question. You quoted me, then wrote a reply which had little relevance to the question I asked. Classic diversion tactic. 

Listen buddy. You are asking for PROOF (in bolded and capped letters) of a truism. You voted to remain cause you probably thought Britain and yourself would be better off. To avoid such havoc that is bound to unfold. Like it is now. Yet you seemed surprised and shocked that the reason London is the European financial hub is no longer going to be applicable. If the city can't have access to Europe then why would the banks that do business there stay? And more importantly why would you need extra proof when a link has already been provided. And even more if you do a search.  

I thought this was self explanatory so i took the argument one step further. There was no deception or diversion on my behalf. 

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lol "Listen Buddy".  I asked a simple question. You specifically quoted that question and gave an unrelated response. I didn't ask for you to take it further. I asked for a specific answer. You gave me waffle.

That's a hell of a lot of assumptions you make from me asking a simple question. There's reading between the lines but your insight is otherworldly. 

1. You have no idea why I voted remain

2. What havoc? Honestly, what "Havoc" is actually happening.

3. What makes you think I'm surprised?

4. That link wasn't proof. That's just hear-say on the BBC. I asked for a specific quote from a CEO or Owner of one of the banks saying they were planning on leaving lock stock and barrel ACTUAL PROOF.

For me personally, when the head of Barclays or HSBC comes on camera and specifically states they are closing down all business in the UK that's when I'll start worrying. Until then, what the BBC, Indi or Guardian churn out is just pro Remain waffle. 

5. We've moved away from what I originally asked. Diversion tactic achieved. We'll played, I take my hat off to you! 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, likwidlite said:

Lol "Listen Buddy".  I asked a simple question. You specifically quoted that question and gave an unrelated response. I didn't ask for you to take it further. I asked for a specific answer. You gave me waffle.

No i gave you a logical conclusion to your somewhat confused enquiry. 

43 minutes ago, likwidlite said:

That's a hell of a lot of assumptions you make from me asking a simple question. There's reading between the lines but your insight is otherworldly. 

Thank you.

43 minutes ago, likwidlite said:

1. You have no idea why I voted remain

So since you brought it up a second time, why did you vote remain?

43 minutes ago, likwidlite said:

2. What havoc? Honestly, what "Havoc" is actually happening.

Why the British based foreign and domestic banking and finance industry moving outta London to have uninterrupted access to Europe cause post-brexit won't be able to accomodate their business. That havoc.

43 minutes ago, likwidlite said:

3. What makes you think I'm surprised?

Your bolded and capped typo's are an indication of your surprise.

43 minutes ago, likwidlite said:

L4. That link wasn't proof. That's just hear-say on the BBC. I asked for a specific quote from a CEO or Owner of one of the banks saying they were planning on leaving lock stock and barrel ACTUAL PROOF.

Really? So the BBC and reuters are out to get the UK? Name a news outlet that you would trust and i will see what i can do for you.

43 minutes ago, likwidlite said:

For me personally, when the head of Barclays or HSBC comes on camera and specifically states they are closing down all business in the UK that's when I'll start worrying. Until then, what the BBC, Indi or Guardian churn out is just pro Remain waffle. 

Well nothing is set in stone and for all we know brexit might just very well only be limited in scope when it comes to the banking industry. BUT the problem is that banks are already starting the move and exploring other options. Nothing will be the same and the fact that these financial companies are doing so without article 50 or any clear British position on brexit negotiations should be proof enough to you and every one else that they mean business and that without European passporting rights London as a financial base has no advantage. 

43 minutes ago, likwidlite said:

5. We've moved away from what I originally asked. Diversion tactic achieved. We'll played, I take my hat off to you! 

No we haven't. You just don't wanna contemplate that Britain shot itself in the foot with brexit. 

...to repeat my original train of thought. If you reach rock bottom and have no where else to go but up then by all means brexit. Only a fool would continue doing the same wrong thing for the same reward. Greece probably should have Grexit. It was a basket case. Train wreak. The remedy was even worse. It could not have done any worse for any of its industries. Britain... was the opposite. It was a success. On top of the pile. Economic powerhouse built on european integration. Banking capital of Europe. Because it was part of the EU. Now it is gonna be outside the EU and the British banking industry has no where to go but down. Can't you see my logic?

Cause and effect!  

Edited by Captain Risky
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.