Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brexit

alibongo

3 minutes ago, bee said:

my point is --- this could be as much about politics as about the finances of the company -
we have to be on the look out for dirty tricks as the EU gets vindictive so not to encourage
other countries to go on the exit path -- 

dirty tricks aided and abetted by the likes of the Independent --

No ,bee, it is about Brexit, and we did it.

We don't need to look for who did it.We did, because we thought it would stop the influx of unwanted migrants.

It didn't. All it did was stop the influx of much-needed foreign money. That's because we live in a modern multi-cultural world.

16 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Odd, when we hear good economic news apparently it's nothing to do with Brexit because Brexit hasn't actually happened yet. But when we hear bad economic news it's all the fault of Brexit. Those pesky Remoaners up to their old tricks again.

Well, on the flip side Lidl the German Supermarket chain as committed to the UK, its announced 5,000 extra jobs to be created and investing £70million in a new London Headquarters, The retailer plans to open nearly 247 new stores in London as it pushes ahead with a three-year £1.5bn UK investment plan.

and in related News, the "finance city exodus" although no major bank has left and we've only seen financial banks committing to the UK. the second biggest bank in Singapore is looking to move and set up a private bank in London.

On the point about Rivington Biscuits and Brexit, The company as been in a death spiral since 2009. its been making a lose and taking on debt and indeed carrying a lot of debt over a period of 10 years. in 2011 you know before brexit the company made a loss of £534,00 in 2015 they made a £345,876 loss.

poor management is to blame for this companies performance.

checkout the balance sheets.

https://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/rivington-biscuits

Very poor Journalism by the Anti-Brexit-British Media. who'd rather run a story to their likely instead of informing their readership. By all means run a story but please inform people the company as been struggling for years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Sounds a bit like sharia law if you ask me. Rule by the likes of Nigel and any other populous that can raise a mob. Democracy with a pitchfork.  

This is from a satirical website. Though I am sure GTM and stewinn would love it to be true.

Just now, alibongo said:

This is from a satirical website. Though I am sure GTM and stewinn would love it to be true.

stevewinn??? Where have i heard that name before...?

1 minute ago, stevewinn said:

Well, on the flip side Lidl the German Supermarket chain as committed to the UK, its announced 5,000 extra jobs to be created and investing £70million in a new London Headquarters, The retailer plans to open nearly 247 new stores in London as it pushes ahead with a three-year £1.5bn UK investment plan.

and in related News, the "finance city exodus" although no major bank has left and we've only seen financial banks committing to the UK. the second biggest bank in Singapore is looking to move and set up a private bank in London.

On the point about Rivington Biscuits and Brexit, The company as been in a death spiral since 2009. its been making a lose and taking on debt and indeed carrying a lot of debt over a period of 10 years. in 2011 you know before brexit the company made a loss of £534,00 in 2015 they made a £345,876 loss.

poor management is to blame for this companies performance.

checkout the balance sheets.

https://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/rivington-biscuits

Very poor Journalism by the Anti-Brexit-British Media. who'd rather run a story to their likely instead of informing their readership. By all means run a story but please inform people the company as been struggling for years.

Of course it is "very poor journalism".

The Daily Mash is a satirical website with very high quality journalists, which is why they fool you.

Just now, alibongo said:

Of course it is "very poor journalism".

The Daily Mash is a satirical website with very high quality journalists, which is why they fool you.

errrr Steve was talking about the Independent - - - 

8 minutes ago, bee said:

errrr Steve was talking about the Independent - - - 

I love you because you fall for this. Check your messages.

1 hour ago, alibongo said:

Moderator just messaged me I am barred from here.

Are you sure it was on this site ? None of the moderators here have messaged you or restricted your access.

Besides, if you had been barred then how did you post this comment just now ?

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Saru said:

Are you sure it was on this site ? None of the moderators here have messaged you or restricted your access.

Besides, if you had been barred then how did you post this comment just now ?

Oh yeah, it was another site.

Well it's a bit of a jump from "I've been barred" to "someone else on another site has been barred." :unsure:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Saru said:

Well it's a bit of a jump from "I've been barred" to "someone else on another site has been barred." :unsure:

36d 06:54 smoke free!

From a 40 year 30-a-day addiction!

Edited by alibongo

1 minute ago, alibongo said:

36d 06:54 smoke free!

From a 40 year 30-a-day addiction!

Wrong site. But still good.

5 minutes ago, Saru said:

Sounds like more fake news. :unsure2: 

• Like 2

Sounds like brexit obsession brain-addle to me.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Really? So parliament is just some useless bothersome appendage. Maybe it should be scraped and the UK can govern itself through consensus.  

I'll say it again "what can parliament do"?

10 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

I'll say it again "what can parliament do"?

Represent the people and follow the law.

2 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

Yes, 'the people' said leave the EU.

Yeah but they didn't say how and they didn't say how much they want to disengage. Surely May and Nigel don't read minds... or do they?

Just now, Captain Risky said:

Yeah but they didn't say how and they didn't say how much they want to disengage. Surely May and Nigel don't read minds... or do they?

They did, we even had a booklet telling us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

They did, we even had a booklet telling us.

I don't believe that there is a booklet spelling out the terms of the leave campaign cause if here was the PM and the brexiteers wouldn't have to blunder along.

We differ, no biggie, mate. 

Edited by Captain Risky

14 hours ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

Sounds like more fake news. :unsure2: 

Yeah, it's satire... But the journalism is top notch!

• Like 1

It is  a done deal

The Quean has stepped down.

The Muslim religion is  now the official religion.