Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brexit

alibongo

8 minutes ago, alibongo said:

Brexit will make the rich richer and the poor poorer. This is from BT.Maybe we don't care:http://home.bt.com/lifestyle/money/mortgages-bills/how-brexit-has-made-us-richer-and-poorer-since-june-11364103377650

If you travel the world a lot, have a large property portfolio, and make most of your income from investments, which I imagine is the case of most Brexiteers, then you will benefit in the short term.

I just wish I was rich enough to vote Brexit.

51 minutes ago, alibongo said:

If you travel the world a lot, have a large property portfolio, and make most of your income from investments, which I imagine is the case of most Brexiteers, then you will benefit in the short term.

(Edit: no I don't think most Brexiteers have a large portfolio of property, invest,or travel further than Spain in the EU. Then why vote to be impoverished?).

You did think the "brexiteers" were mostly wealthy types, but then decided they were not ? :huh:

5 hours ago, alibongo said:

Brexit will make the rich richer and the poor poorer. This is from BT.Maybe we don't care:http://home.bt.com/lifestyle/money/mortgages-bills/how-brexit-has-made-us-richer-and-poorer-since-june-11364103377650

(Edit: no I don't think most Brexiteers have a large portfolio of property, invest,or travel further than Spain in the EU. Then why vote to be impoverished?).

4 hours ago, Habitat said:

You did think the "brexiteers" were mostly wealthy types, but then decided they were not ? :huh:

Yes, I think our confused friend is confusing himself again. Brexiters were, as we know, poor, uneducated Northerners who voted to make themselves even poorer, but now they#re wealthy property owners who make most of their money from investments. I suppose this is the confused way of thinking that relying on the Guardin and the Idnependent results in.   

• Like 1

Of course the trouble is old Ali's class war outlook must confuse him. I mean, it was only Tories that voted for brexit, obviously, and Tories are all wealthy plutocrats and landowners who grind the faces of the poor. But yet people who voted for Brexit were also uneducated unemployed Northerners! Oh it's so confusing. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, alibongo said:

I take issue with this.

No one predicted the backlash against the establishment, here or abroad.

Ali you're right. I also take issue with this. The word moron was not strong enough. Ancient Chinese proverb says "the man who complain about democracy but no partake is dumb as **** and his opinion matter for nothing" 

Just so you know how you appear to other members. It's a bit like this "those stupid rich/poor homeless northerners with their property portfolios don't know what they voted for. Stupid uneducated Eaton Tories and all their money are going to regret this buy getting richer whilst it makes them poor. Here's a link to a satire about Santa as proof" 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Habitat said:

I was being sarcastic.

Just now, alibongo said:

I was being sarcastic.

You are a known revisionist, Mr Bongo ! 

• Like 1

If you think getting rid of a cheap labour force from our service industries and replacing them with a non-existent home-grown labour force is a good idea,..  well, what can I say

7 minutes ago, alibongo said:

If you think getting rid of a cheap labour force from our service industries and replacing them with a non-existent home-grown labour force is a good idea,..  well, what can I say

It's hard to get good staff, isn't it ? That's probably what they said about tiger-hunt "beaters" back in the days of the Raj. :)

Edited by Habitat
  • Like 1

Ali. We're Not getting rid of the labour force though are we. There's difference between a working visa system and complete freedom of movement. Just take what you need. Also with forecasts predicting a huge percentage of unskilled labour will become automated over the next 20 years freedom of movement is essentially importing in unemployable low skilled, low educated people. You know the ones you hate so much.

Edited by likwidlite
Change employable to unemployable
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, alibongo said:

Why do u want cheap labour force?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, alibongo said:

I take issue with this.

9 hours ago, alibongo said:

I just wish I was rich enough to vote Brexit.

You're replying to your own posts, has this conversation with yourself been going on for long?

• Like 1

Straight from the guardian. The independent hasn't even got the balls to post this news. No wonder their readership is so blinkered. 

https://news.google.co.uk/news/amp?caurl=https%3A%2F%2Famp.theguardian.com%2Fbusiness%2F2017%2Fjan%2F03%2Fuk-manufacturing-growth-at-a-30-month-high-says-pmi-survey#pt0-577981 

Edited by likwidlite
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

Why do u want cheap labour force?

he used to employ Northerners as slave labour on his estates, but they were too stupid so he switched to using Poles. They're very efficient and only need regular supplies of cabbage soup and vodka. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, alibongo said:

So, no more annoying calls from call centres.......hoorahh.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, likwidlite said:

Straight from the guardian. The independent hasn't even got the balls to post this news. No wonder their readership is so blinkered. 

https://news.google.co.uk/news/amp?caurl=https%3A%2F%2Famp.theguardian.com%2Fbusiness%2F2017%2Fjan%2F03%2Fuk-manufacturing-growth-at-a-30-month-high-says-pmi-survey#pt0-577981 

I'm actually stunned that you found it in the Marxist Guardian. I thought their sole purpose in life was was to talk this country down. (a well known and observable lefty trait)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Black Monk said:

I voted for Brexit and I'm not rich: I work in a Bolton Poundland. 

This post about sums it up.

Great Britain has been sold down the river by someone who is proud to say he works in Poundland!

This...post..could..go... viral!

Let's rush to the bottom of the economic community, shall we, we could sell discounted goods to the wealthy world in the future, which would include Europe, China, and the USA.Because we have got Poundland.

10 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

So, no more annoying calls from call centres.......hoorahh.

I am stunned you don't understand what this is actually about.

Edited by alibongo

Oh aye ?

Lol Ali. Why do you not make ANY comments on the links I and others provide that disprove your drivel? Just roll on with your usual bigoted insults. It's new years haven't you got a sexual assault thread to troll? You know how much you love that. 

• Like 1

On ‎03‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 2:08 AM, alibongo said:

I take issue with this.

There was one question for Brexit, in or out, and so logically only 2 possible outcomes.  What you mean is that all the people you listen to and follow did not predict it.  I know a fair few people who voted out were quite confident that it would happen.

What is the lesson here Ali...  Widen your horizons, pop that bubble you live in and open your eyes to the real world.  Either that or invent a time machine and go and vote.

2 hours ago, likwidlite said:

Lol Ali. Why do you not make ANY comments on the links I and others provide that disprove your drivel? Just roll on with your usual bigoted insults. It's new years haven't you got a sexual assault thread to troll? You know how much you love that. 

Because it's all they have. Just pop over to the Guardian, you'll see what I mean.

8 hours ago, alibongo said:

This post about sums it up.

Great Britain has been sold down the river by someone who is proud to say he works in Poundland!

This...post..could..go... viral!

Let's rush to the bottom of the economic community, shall we, we could sell discounted goods to the wealthy world in the future, which would include Europe, China, and the USA.Because we have got Poundland.

You are just a complete A** aren't you?

Who gives a damn where someone works.  I work for a living too, and in todays climate (something that the EU is totally complicit in) I am just proud to have a job.  I hope for your sake that post doesn't go viral, you would get trolled into oblivion.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2017 at 10:16 AM, alibongo said:

I'm stunned that you don't understand that importing cheap labour by the millions doesn't drive down wages & make life even more difficult for the lowest paid in this country.....or perhaps you do, but just don't care. I suppose you just can't educate a Wessex lad.

Edited by itsnotoutthere