Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brexit

alibongo

12 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Neither did i, 10 years on this forum and Alibongo made the list, though it was Captain Risky who as the distinguished honour of being the first. - though Captain Risky is off ignore whereas Alibongo remains. :o   

They're the only two on my ignore list, although Risky gets the odd reprieve when he's on his meds :whistle:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bee said:

do you know I've never put anyone on ignore and I probably never will - - I just scroll over posts if necessary :) 

lol about the pigeons -

I do appreciate that  

17 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I do appreciate that  

so you're a mind reader now..!!.....

let's test that -- how many fingers am I holding up in front of your avatar at the moment .. :innocent:

• Like 1

Just now, bee said:

so you're a mind reader now..!!.....

let's test that -- how many fingers am I holding up in front of your avatar at the moment .. :innocent:

Im seeing one....:o Thats not very nice 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Replying to yourself again? I keep telling you not to eat those green bananas

I'm starting to think (well i've been thinking it for a long time) we have a genuine case of schizophrenia?

• Like 1

Perhaps his alter ego is a Polish fruit picker. 

On the subject of brexit, the Labour are standing up for their principles. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/09/clive-lewis-resignation-prompts-rumours-leadership-race-jeremy/

L The only thing that they don't seem to realise is that, by splitting up the Labour party they'll relinquish any hope of ever getting back into power, do they? It's just like the SDP all over again, which removed both the Liberals and Labour as a party that had any chance of challenging the Tories for the foreseeable future. 

"The point is Donald Trump has been promoting something that undermines international law, he has been promoting misogeny, he has been making some awful statements in the USA and threatening to build a wall with Mexico." 

I'm assuming it was the reporter taking it down verbatim that couldn't spell misogyny. But misogyny now undermines international law?  :huh:

• Like 1

The Third and Final Vote on the Bill granting the Prime Minister the power to inform the EU of our Leaving was passed in Parliament at 20:20 Last night. - Without any amendments. So after all the legal challenges and protests - it was all overwhelmingly voted for in it's unchanged and unamended ( 494 to 122 )This should now pass the lords and we'll be on our way........ Gina Miller and Unknowns wasted both their time and money. Democracy is winning the day(s) The glimmer of hope the Remoaners had that we'll remain in the EU has now faded.

And The SNP are a complete Joke, They've been loutish since they arrived, im sure the good people of Scotland will be fed up of them by 2020 and show them the door. video shows while MP's where voting the SNP started whistling the EU National Anthem. ' Ode to joy '  - the SNP are sitting Bottom right.

• Like 1

All the figures since the Brexit vote are going and continuing to go in the right direction. And its only going to continue, according to PwC, and IMF, both state, Britain will grow faster than any other major advanced economy over the next three decades as the EU’s share of global output diminishes. the EU going from 33% of world GDP (1975) to 14% (2019) (Brexit) and 9% by 2050.

More relevant news.

• UBS + Morgan Stanley tell Paris: no chance of capturing serious business from City of London.
  • British exports to non-EU countries rose 17.3% in Q4. Exports to EU rose 3.5%. Trade balance has narrowed.
  • Construction grew by more than expected 1.8% in Dec (v Nov), helped by building of houses/commercial property. ONS keeps Q4 GDP at +0.6%
  • Industrial output rose 1.1% in Dec, stronger than expected 0.2% increase in Reuters poll. Year-on-year growth 4.3%, best since Jan '11
  • Manufacturing grew strongly Q4, up 1.2% from the previous Q3 -- stronger than poll of economists suggested.

Over the next 10 years we'll have a minimum of £100 billion to spend at home. (formally our EU contributions) a small glimpse. HS2 & 3, National House Building program. National Ship building strategy. National infrastructure program - all creating jobs and boosting economy.

• Like 1

^ One of the comments to that;

England has had contempt for everything Scottish for centuries, from maliciously destroying Scottish industry for 300 years, stealing its oil revenue for 50 years, the BBC daily showing a map of these islands distorted to make Scotland look smaller.

? :unsure: 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

^ One of the comments to that;

England has had contempt for everything Scottish for centuries, from maliciously destroying Scottish industry for 300 years, stealing its oil revenue for 50 years, the BBC daily showing a map of these islands distorted to make Scotland look smaller.

? :unsure: 

It brings to mind the 2014 Scottish Independence Referendum when the YES Campaign said there was secret oil fields the UK government was keeping quiet about.

Related News:

• ONS: UK £3.4bn surplus with US in exported goods rose 37% year on year in Q4 2016.
  • ONS: 56% of UK Trade with Non-EU Countries.
  • pwc.png?resize=540%2C360&ssl=1
  • Like 2

A few days old now.

• EU as revised their prediction for 2017 - the EU now say UK GDP growth to be 1.5% revised up from a 1% forecast made last November. Brexit continuing to go in the right direction.
  • FTSE100 passes 7,300. FTSE250 at record level.

UK employment figures.

• Employment rate at record rate of 74.6%, 31.84 million now in work.
  • In year to end-2016, UK nationals working in UK increased by 70,000 to 28.44m; non-UK nationals working in UK increased by 233,000 to 3.48m
  • Since 1997 non-UK nationals working in UK rose from 1m to 3.48m. As %, from 3.8% to 11%. Largely result of Eastern Europe joining EU.
  • 1.60m unemployed people Oct-Dec, little changed compared with July to September 2016 but 97,000 down on a year earlier.

Just in case someone wanted something amusing:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38996179

Tony "Blair" is to announce his "mission" to persuade "Britons" to "rise up" and change their minds on "Brexit".

:)  

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Just in case someone wanted something amusing:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38996179

Tony "Blair" is to announce his "mission" to persuade "Britons" to "rise up" and change their minds on "Brexit".

:)  

How insulting! Furious Brexit voters weigh-in on Tony Blair's desperate blocking bid
SUPPORT to “get on with” Brexit is growing despite a desperate bid by Tony Blair yesterday to urge voters to think again.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/768886/Furious-brexit-voters-new-poll-leave-eu-tony-blair-block-bid-new-poll-swift-exit

• Like 2

'Tony Blair is interested in Tony Blair!' Ex-PM bashed for 'rise up' call to thwart Brexit
A BREXIT voter has berated Tony Blair for calling on the British public to “rise up” and rally against leaving the EU.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/768741/tony-blair-bloomberg-rise-up-slammed-bbc-radio-5-live-rant

• Like 1

well when the public 'rose up' to try and stop Blair taking Britain into invading Iraq back in 2003
he just ploughed on regardless --- misleading parliament and using dodgy intelligence -

what a piece of work he is -- the nerve of the man..!!

• Like 5

Bliar isn't just a war criminal, now he's an insurgent inciting Britons to revolt and overthrow democracy and justice   Usual next stop for people like that is the Tower.  And then the axe ....  :D

• Like 2

‘I’m still clearing up your Iraq mess!’ Boris Johnson blasts Blair for anti-Brexit rant
BORIS JOHNSON today delivered a furious attack on “condescending” Tony Blair after the former prime minister launched his bid to stop Britain quitting the EU.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/768664/Tony-Blair-speech-Brexit-second-referendum-condescending-Boris-Johnson-Iraq-mess

34 minutes ago, seeder said:

‘I’m still clearing up your Iraq mess!’ Boris Johnson blasts Blair for anti-Brexit rant
BORIS JOHNSON today delivered a furious attack on “condescending” Tony Blair after the former prime minister launched his bid to stop Britain quitting the EU.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/768664/Tony-Blair-speech-Brexit-second-referendum-condescending-Boris-Johnson-Iraq-mess

Which mess?  The mess he made when he was PM?   Or the further mess he made when he was Middle East Peace Envoy?  :huh:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

Whats this got to do with brexit?

You may not have noticed, but the Fruitcake Party were very vocal in proposing Brexit, and Nonentity Farage took "credit" for the result- (after promising £350 per week for the NHS and securing our borders- where has he gone now?)

1 hour ago, alibongo said:

You may not have noticed, but the Fruitcake Party were very vocal in proposing Brexit, and Nonentity Farage took "credit" for the result- (after promising £350 per week for the NHS and securing our borders- where has he gone now?)

Or to put it another way. Farage & UKIP came into being solely to enable the British public to be allowed to vote on our continued membership of the E.U. (something all the other main political parties had promised, but not delivered) Now thanks to them we have been given that opportunity & the people have voted to leave, effectively their job is done. Job done, stop b*tching.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1