Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Criticizing Trump to hide the fact that

ellapenella

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

What we DIDN'T know until recently is that he has another - somewhat more prosaic reason - for resisting such a ban. He runs a website and legal advice service to help muslims enter (and settle in) the USA. Or rather.. he DID. He has just pulled his website down, presumably fearing exposure as a hypocrite ? After all, the ban would put him out of a job !

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/08/02/khizr-khan-deletes-law-firm-website-proving-financially-benefits-pay-play-muslim-migration/

Whoa...I just looked into this and it appears to be valid. I also ran across information that Mr Khan has written articles in favor of Sharia Law (not sure if that's true or not though). I'm wondering if Trump knew any of this?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

And yet... curiously.. it appears that Khiriz Khan is not the "white knight" that he has been presented as by much of the US Media.

He stood up at the Democratic National Congress and criticised Donald Trump for - amongst other things - the idea of temporarily banning Muslim immigration. He used his son's death whilst serving in the US Army to highlight how unjust such a ban would be.

What we DIDN'T know until recently is that he has another - somewhat more prosaic reason - for resisting such a ban. He runs a website and legal advice service to help muslims enter (and settle in) the USA. Or rather.. he DID. He has just pulled his website down, presumably fearing exposure as a hypocrite ? After all, the ban would put him out of a job !

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/08/02/khizr-khan-deletes-law-firm-website-proving-financially-benefits-pay-play-muslim-migration/

Since when is it illegal or immoral to settle emigrants in the US of A?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, questionmark said:

Since when is it illegal or immoral to settle emigrants in the US of A?

Of course that's not illegal. However, if ones motivation for hating Trump is involved with ones business dealings then it's disingenuous to do what Mr Khan did at the DNC. Also, Trump was not politically involved in the war that killed Capt Khan. I do believe that 12 years ago Trump was actually a Democrat!

• Like 1

Oh, it's neither of those things Questionmark, and I wasn't suggesting any illegality or immorality per se .

HOWEVER... it DOES cast a somewhat different light on Mr Khan's objections to Donald Trumps proposal to temporarily ban Muslim immigration.

Khan presented it in terms of his sons death, highlighting how a "muslim" laid his life down in service to the USA. However, it now transpires that Mr Khan had a FINANCIAL motive for resisting such a ban, something that he did NOT mention when he made his speech.

His act of deleting his own website also smacks of guilt. All together, it makes him look like a hypocrite who used his sons death to attack a policy (via the originating politician) that would have caused him to lose money.

• Like 4

Durnit... Lilly got in there first. (and more eloquently than I did, to boot). :D

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

His act of deleting his own website also smacks of guilt. All together, it makes him look like a hypocrite who used his sons death to attack a policy (via the originating politician) that would have caused him to lose money.

Yeah, Mr Khan's behavior (in deleting his site) certainly doesn't look very good.

Edited by Lilly
clarification

Just now, Lilly said:

Of course that's not illegal. However, if ones motivation for hating Trump is involved with ones business dealings then it's disingenuous to do what Mr Khan did at the DNC.

And, besides supposing that you can also demonstrate it? Or does it just fit perfectly into your current view of the world? Khan attacked Trump on Islamophobia. Not because he supposedly killed anybody nor because he supposed that he was involved somehow in his loss.

Besides that, Khan is not really the theme here. The theme is Trumps puerile reaction to his speech. As all his puerile actions when anybody dares to tell him that he is wrong (which as evident by now is most of the day).

Ha! This is just too funny. My current 'world view' is that neither Clinton or Trump is any damn good at all (hopefully that clarifies this matter). However, I do see a Liberal bias in the press (which is probably what is annoying to some).

Here's what I think about various matters: The United States needs to curtail immigration period, we have more than enough people to care for as it stands. The locus of government needs to become more local not more federal. Capitalism needs to be allowed to function but not given 'carte blanche' to abuse workers. The National Debt needs to be dealt with (bigger and bigger government certainly won't help). The Supreme Court needs to be balanced between liberal and conservative justices. The current laws need to be enforced or amended. Lawlessness and anarchy should not be tolerated period.

I could go on but my opinions (obviously) don't amount to *squat*. Hey, at least I know it.

• Like 4

Any way you slice it, this is the Father of a fallen soldier who is getting attacked because he dared to criticize Trump. And guess what...in a free country, we can say what we think about candidates. We can even say what we think about the president without expecting a Twitter war from him over it. Trump should have just said something like we might disagree politically, but I'm sorry about your son. Instead, he goes on the attack and tries to find any way he can to smear the guy...and his wife, who didn't even say anything. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

Actually, this makes a great deal of sense...especially considering that Trump was once real 'buddy-buddy' with the Clintons. We could all simply be being played by those at the top. Obviously this notion is pretty CT but who knows?

Honestly, anyone who thinks were not 'being played by those at the top' in this context is fooling themselves. Nothing CT about the notion this whole sharade of an election process is rigged; just about as obvious as anything can be.. I hope.

10 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Any way you slice it, this is the Father of a fallen soldier who is getting attacked because he dared to criticize Trump. And guess what...in a free country, we can say what we think about candidates. We can even say what we think about the president without expecting a Twitter war from him over it. Trump should have just said something like we might disagree politically, but I'm sorry about your son. Instead, he goes on the attack and tries to find any way he can to smear the guy...and his wife, who didn't even say anything. 

Attack? you mean this?

Trump has since responded by criticizing Ghazala Khan's silence and suggesting she wasn't allowed to speak.

OMG! That is some attack!

7 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Trump needs to take political science and advice from others. He crossed another political line of both parties informal law, do not attack a gold star family. Many families made political comments against politicians, it's political suicide. Even Bush was protested in Texas by a gold star family. He said I feel for your loss even if  I don't agree with your political views. End of story, no big deal.

I always wanted a purple heart was stupid for Trump to say. It's usually referred to as the I forgot to duck medal by survivors with one! No body wants a purple heart in battle! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ZZ430 said:

Attack? you mean this?

OMG! That is some attack!

Yeah...implying that she's not allowed to speak because she's Muslim is an attack. It's maligning the Mother of a war hero because of her religion, when she didn't even say anything against Trump, but simply stood by her husband, who criticized him.

So let's put the shoe on the other foot. You say something against Hillary and she comes online here and goes after you for it. Then she sends out her staff members to find out everything they can about you and your family members and try to twist it into something bad, even though you haven't done anything illegal. 

Now imagine that you lost a son in the war, and somehow, that's what sparked it all off. 

Also, imagine that she is known for dragging people into court and suing them over things that are said about her. And she has the funds to keep you in court and dwindle your resources. 

How much anxiety would you have on a scale of 1-10? Is that how you think our candidates should be behaving? 

Edited by ChaosRose

6 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Yeah...implying that she's not allowed to speak because she's Mulim is an attack. 

So let's put the shoe on the other foot. You say something against Hillary and she comes online here and goes after you for it. Then she sends out her staff members to find out everything they can about you and your family members and try to twist it into something bad, even though you haven't done anything illegal. 

Now imagine that you lost a son in the war, and somehow, that's what sparked it all off. 

The other thing Trump said is he made sacrifices in business. He doesn't have compassion or know what military people sacrifice for their country at all. Comparing sacrifices of being in business was very offensive to me! He just doesn't get it. Veterans sacrifice all for their country and sometimes die for it. Loss of family member is a sacrifice he doesn't understand, because he has no compassion for anyone besides himself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, White Unicorn said:

The other thing Trump said is he made sacrifices in business. He doesn't have compassion or know what military people sacrifice for their country at all. Comparing sacrifices of being in business was very offensive to me! He just doesn't get it. Veterans sacrifice all for their country and sometimes die for it. Loss of family member is a sacrifice he doesn't understand, because he has no compassion for anyone besides himself.

Of course it's offensive. I work very hard, too. Lots of people do. I don't imagine that somehow compares to losing a son to war. Honestly, I thought he would have lost a massive amount of supporters over what he said about McCain. That was absolutely unforgivable.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

It all boils down to what's important to people. Khan's son thought it was important to fight for his country. Trump thinks it's important to build monuments to himself. Sure...he could be playing golf, or looking for the next ex-Mrs. Trump, but he's "sacrificing" the time he would spend doing that so that he can slap his name on the next venture. This time, he's trying to put his logo on the US. 

Have you seen #TrumpSacrifices yet? Hilarious.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=17&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiQifzkjKjOAhVE2yYKHeLgBvwQqQIITjAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.esquire.com%2Fnews-politics%2Fnews%2Fa47227%2Ftrump-sacrifices-tweets%2F&usg=AFQjCNGHHVMnNLgOqZjnrlVkhlwELxmtPg

Edited by ChaosRose

IMO Mr Trump is a narcissist who can't comprehend the feelings of others so he only speaks about himself. However, I also think Mrs Clinton is a psychopath who comprehends that others have feelings so she says the 'right' things but only takes actions that benefit her and lies when caught.

Neither of them is any good...just my personal opinion.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, White Unicorn said:

Trump needs to take political science and advice from others. He crossed another political line of both parties informal law, do not attack a gold star family. Many families made political comments against politicians, it's political suicide. Even Bush was protested in Texas by a gold star family. He said I feel for your loss even if  I don't agree with your political views. End of story, no big deal.

I always wanted a purple heart was stupid for Trump to say. It's usually referred to as the I forgot to duck medal by survivors with one! No body wants a purple heart in battle! 

Actually, my nephew...who has been in various branches of the military since 2001...and still is....has said more than once that the one medal he wanted and hasn't gotten is a purple heart. His dad had 3 of them from Vietnam. He's got a chest full of medals but that one has eluded him. He came close...an IED that went off close to him in Iraq caused him to lose hearing for 2 days but apparently that doesn't count. : )

1 minute ago, skliss said:

Actually, my nephew...who has been in various branches of the military since 2001...and still is....has said more than once that the one medal he wanted and hasn't gotten is a purple heart. His dad had 3 of them from Vietnam. He's got a chest full of medals but that one has eluded him. He came close...an IED that went off close to him in Iraq caused him to lose hearing for 2 days but apparently that doesn't count. : )

No one wants to get a Purple Heart......

• Like 1

I'm not going to defend Trump, I'm voting Gary Johnson.

...but watching the Khan speech at the DNC, I was wondering when the wife would speak. She was overcome with grief we found out later and I'm sorry for her loss.  When someone goes onstage they are expected to say something., and it did look like she might have been silenced.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lilly said:

IMO Mr Trump is a narcissist who can't comprehend the feelings of others so he only speaks about himself. However, I also think Mrs Clinton is a psychopath who comprehends that others have feelings so she says the 'right' things but only takes actions that benefit her and lies when caught.

Well, when most First Ladies do stuff of questionable benefit (just say no, don't eat cookies), Hillary did actually try to get everyone healthcare. When that didn't work, she tried to see what she could do for kids (and managed to help a lot of them). That just doesn't sound like a psychopath to me. 

I'll be the first to admit that all politicians lie. Trump, however, "trumps" everyone on it. 

Edited by ChaosRose

obviously there is one person who does want a purple heart.

Edited by skliss

24 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

No one wants to get a Purple Heart......

ever heard of the species Masochist?

• Like 2

Is it any wonder Khiz Khan is raging against Trump’s sensible immigration policies?

The more we know of the Khans, the more sinister the whole narrative becomes. And mining his son’s death for political gain – depraved.

Read this: Khizr Khan’s Deep Legal, Financial Connections to Saudi Arabia

http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-conservative/2016/08/khizr-khan-is-immigration-lawyer-specializing-in-visa-programs-accused-of-selling-us-citizenship-3169526.html

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lilly said:

At least the psychopath has a record for getting some good things done for others in public service and as an attorney. If she gets elected I really don't think she is up to it physically and will drop over. It's a gut feeling, she's strong but her endurance won't last in an office that causes increased aging effects.

• Like 1