Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Luminous ball of light filmed in Siberia

UM-Bot

15 hours ago, Sundew said:

when lightning hit our house

A common misconception, by the way. If it'd actually hit your house you'd get a hole in the roof and probably a fire. I observed the same thing in our house several times, at least until I put the surge protectors into the entrance combiner box. Lightning nearly always strikes the highest and closest object, no matter how conductive it is. Even on a plain a house is too low in comparison to the surrounding trees (if any, of course), and also too small in comparison to the area below the storm cloud. So it is rarely hit.

Methane can burn blue and siberia has been having those sink holes made from underground methane. That looks a lot like a methane flame.  I'm not sure if I would be allowed to post a link but if you search under sink holes in SIberia you will see what I am referring to.

Edited by phantulum

21 hours ago, phantulum said:

Methane can burn blue and siberia has been having those sink holes made from underground methane. That looks a lot like a methane flame.  I'm not sure if I would be allowed to post a link but if you search under sink holes in SIberia you will see what I am referring to.

Those sink hole are very far to the north from there. I've been to Novosibirsk and it's not tundra around there at all, but agricultural fields and forests, even peat bogs are very scarce. Also, I don't think natural methane outburst can't be so huge, except for the infamous man-made "Gates of Hell" in Turkmenistan. And it burns yellow there, by the way, as its pressure is low.

On August 7, 2016 at 1:43 PM, Chaldon said:

A common misconception, by the way. If it'd actually hit your house you'd get a hole in the roof and probably a fire. I observed the same thing in our house several times, at least until I put the surge protectors into the entrance combiner box. Lightning nearly always strikes the highest and closest object, no matter how conductive it is. Even on a plain a house is too low in comparison to the surrounding trees (if any, of course), and also too small in comparison to the area below the storm cloud. So it is rarely hit.

While I was not outside to see the strike, I can assure you that at the very least the energy from the bold did enter our house damaging the copper plumbing and shooting out of the electric receptacles. I saw no damage to trees after that incident, and at other times I have seen plenty of trees both hit and often killed in my yard, some right outside of a window. 

9 hours ago, Sundew said:

damaging the copper plumbing

Yeah, then it really was a direct hit. Not a major one but indeed it was.

My Grandma is (was) the only person I've ever met that has witnessed a lightning ball personally and up close. She was quite young and in school at the time. She said it was extremely bright, passed right through a glass window, in to the classroom they were in at the time, and then back out again and floated off :o

Weird stuff.

Edited by Finity

On 8/5/2016 at 1:54 AM, Nzo said:

This is what I hate about these videos. The camera is never still and is so erratic. Every freaking video that is showing something strange is always filmed incorrectly. But when it comes to filming something absolutely mundane like a birthday party, a child's first steps etc. etc. The Camera's focus is perfect. There are no tremors, no frames of someone's feet being shot etc. 

Sorry I had to vent... I was watching the video and I was genuinely interested in what was being captured but the incredibly bad camera work just irritated me so much... Next time give the camera to someone who is not drunk, has massive hand tremors and or is mentally incapable of taking a short film. 

As far as the phenomenon is concerned... anybodies guess.

It has to do with the mystic power veil between realities.  When witnessing an event such as ball lightning, UFOs, bigfoot, and others, it causes problems with the human anatomy; using a camera makes things worse as recording such events violates the laws separating our dimensions and disrupting the flow of the aether.  It causes blurriness and shakiness, as well as other disorders such as patchy memory loss, prevents critical thinking, inflicts orifice probing (mainly with UFOs), experiences loss of time (related to patchy memory loss, as mentioned earlier), awakens the superstitious and overly religious subconscious, causes patchy memory loss, and in rare cares causes one to pee their pants.

That's why all footage is done with the "shaky hand camera syndrome", or is out of focus, or the audio is garbled.  Works in a similar way with still photography as well...the dimension laws will eventually mutate the pixels to a point that it is unrecognizable.  Heck, even pics of bigfoot end up getting altered so much that the image of the creature literally vanishes from the medium!  EVPs are notoriously effected by this problem, and it affects people in different ways.  No two persons will hear the recording the same way, and at most times, nothing will be heard at all.

This is serious business.  Experts....um, experts are trying to create dimensional lenses that alleviate most or all of the problems involved with recording the paranormal.  They are indeed close to a breakthrough, and all of their years wasted patience and determination will one day be rewarded.  I'm just sure of it.

- One day off

- 1 pair of long johns

- 80 cigarettes

- 2 liters of Vodka

- 1 smartphone

- 1 (stolen) BMW X5 with Xenon lights