Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Worm found in cucumber complaint goes viral

Still Waters

When Wes Metcalfe bought a cucumber from a Tesco shop in Dinnington, Sheffield, he did not expect it to come with a dead worm.

So put off was he by the creature wedged inside the packaging, that he turned to Facebook to let Tesco know why it would be a while before he tucked into another cucumber sandwich again.

Tesco's comical comeback and Mr Metcalfe's response to it have gone viral.

It started on Saturday, when he posted: "Dear Tesco, yesterday I purchased one of your fine cucumbers to make my favourite dish - a cucumber sandwich.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37014050

Edited by Still Waters
  • Like 8

Tesco's delivered me a spider in its tangerines.I caught it and released it into my boiler room.Its doing very well and has grown quite large.Its web is luckily not over the door in.!

• Like 5

Do people not think their fruits and veggies have not had any bugs crawling on them before harvest?  They better not drink any juice, eat jam or fruit bars.  A percentage of foreign matter is allowed in production.   And that doesn't just mean leaves.  

• Like 2

I think this is awesome. Great someone out there still has a sense of humor. 

Over here in the US, they'd have sued Tesco over emotional distress.