Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Statue of Jesus opens eyes

Ozfactor

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/wtf/statue-of-jesus-opens-its-eyes-in-miracle-which-has-left-priests-and-church-goers-in-shock/news-story/dee02044b5eac314cd54e3283bfcb083

SPOOKY footage has emerged of a statue of Jesus appearing to open its eyes, with many believers claiming the spectacle is a miracle.

The Mirror reports investigators have scoured over the vision which appears to show the figure quickly open its eyes at a church in Mexico.

gave me a laugh anyway, I was expecting a look of wisdom and understanding from a forgiving man , not Gollum requesting his precious 

• Like 3

Wow, this has to be real it's from Mexico and Mexico never lies, well almost never, ok, sometimes, well perhaps often...

• Like 2

Mexican miracles are so Mexican. :) Flying witches, living Jesus' statues, apparitions of Virgin Mary, shamans, spirits and peyotl... The land of wonders. I don't know really. It's all too weird to be true, or at least to be of divine origin.

Edited by Chaldon
  • Like 2

Filled the Church up didn't it?

• Like 1

“What a coincidence that there was someone there to record it,” one person wrote.

ba944ff8a3fe7101c1a6a9842d811fe9

Reminds me of:

Creepy+Jesus+2.png

1 hour ago, Calibeliever said:

hehe oh man that's creepy!

You took the words right out of my mouth. 

• Like 1

Jesus is the reason Christianity never appealed to me. That man is just too terrifying.

Edited by Ashyne
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ashyne said:

Jesus is the reason Christianity never appealed to me. That man is just too terrifying.

HOLY! I am holy (IN) accordance with this. Scaaaaary ! Sheeze I hate abuse of the net, typooooo corrected ! YEY/YAY !

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

Not against the possibility of this phenomenon, but would like to see substantially more evidence that this is not being faked.

In fact, if you look close, it almost looks like a real person, not a statue!  Being paid to scam church members/increase membership.

EDIT: I bet if I tickled the "statue" it would "fess-up"

Edited by pallidin

Jesus - you just can't keep the man down........any body would think he was a fictional character with magic powers.......oh yeah he was.

If you look at many of these statutes found in mexican and central and south american churches, they are pretty old. They also in many cases are very life like in the carving.The thing to do would be to put a camera on the figure and see if this is a constant thing,not just a fluke. Also they should check into parish records or the diocese archives to see if there were any reports of this before now.

10 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Why do I suspect that the video was edited?

Because you are normal and with a keen eye against fraudulence. 

• Like 2

but at least we can laugh about it and I am sure Mexicans would get a giggle and Christians would just roll their eyes . the beauty of peace x

3 hours ago, Talion78 said:

Jesus - you just can't keep the man down........any body would think he was a fictional character with magic powers.......oh yeah he was.

you are fictional too. somebody made you up.

• Like 1

anyone think to investigate the statue for mechanical devices? i guess not, some hoax to spread religion since its a failing organization these days

5 hours ago, Ashyne said:

Yeah, but He's not bad with some fava beans and chianti.

Harte

• Like 2

Nice title like my teenage daughter, seems to(to think! she knows) know just about everything in the universe.

• Like 1