Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
OverSword

Did Trump endanger Clinton with comment?

401 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

OverSword

What do you think? 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose

Yes. I think there are people fired up enough over many of his comments, including his recent statements that the election is "rigged," that it wouldn't take much to tip them over the edge. 

It's ridiculous for the Trump camp to try to claim he wasn't saying what he was clearly saying. He wasn't talking about drumming up the 2nd Amendment vote. First of all, he claimed that Hillary was trying to do away with the 2nd Amendment, which isn't true. Then he was talking about a scenario in which Clinton won the presidency and was appointing her judges to the Supreme Court. At that point, he said...

By the way, if she gets to pick, if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know," Trump said.
He added: "But I tell you what, that will be a horrible day..."
Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UFOwatcher

Did Trump endanger Clinton with comment?

I saw this as it happened and knew the Media would go ape over it. No, he didn't endanger her. Hillery is her own greatest threat

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.ZZ.

Of course not.

People that would act on that don't need an invitation, they already are thinking about it.

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
6 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

No.

Only idiots that spin and believe the media spin on the meaning of his comments think so.

The only danger to Clinton are seizures and stairs.

:lol:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose
18 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

No.

Only idiots that spin and believe the media spin on the meaning of his comments think so.

The only danger to Clinton are seizures and stairs.

Everyone claims spin, but there's really no reason to spin any of his words. They are there for everyone to see. Every news network showed video of him saying exactly what he said, and then it was clear that his supporters were doing this extravagant dance to try and make it mean something else. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
supervike

Did he endanger her life?  No.  It's no different than a group of guys saying this sort of thing at the bar. 

 

Did he mean to insinuate that gun owners could 'take care of the problem'.  Yes, absolutely.

This is the way he speaks.  He has veiled and ambiguous threats.  He doesn't say things directly on purpose, he lets his listeners fill in the blanks.

 

If  you think he is meaning that he wants to rouse the 2nd Amendment voters into the booths, then I'll bet he has a couple of bridges he'd like to sell you as well.

 

It's not the 'dangerous' speak that people want to turn it into, but he's also not innocently speaking here either.  It's also not very Presidential.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose

This is a well-known tactic of dictators, and his new bestie, Putin. 

They say it, claim it was a joke, and then later someone offs the opposition.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee

.

whatever he meant and it was probably that the 2nd Amendment supporters should vote for him -

he may have put himself more at risk than Clinton - if '''something''' happens to him it will be -

well he got what he deserved.!...

a nutter could be primed to try and shoot him for what he
allegedly said...and people will be - well he tried to get Hillary shot --- :wacko:

.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sweetpumper

Flashback: Clinton Suggested Obama Would Be Assassinated

While leftists go ape over Trump's Second Amendment comments, a reminder that Hillary literally said Obama might be murdered in 2008

In 2008, Hillary declared that she wouldn’t drop out of the presidential race against Barack Obama, despite trailing way behind, because ‘anything can happen’ and then she cited the assassination of RFK.

“We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California.” Hillary stated at the time.

Hillary’s campaign went into spin mode almost immediately, saying that people “misinterpreted what she meant,” and that “people did not understand the context in which she made this reference”.

 

http://www.infowars.com/flashback-clinton-suggested-obama-would-be-assassinated/

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Forever Cursed

I had to go back and re listen ... because my first thought when he said that was
"NOT" violence ...... so I suppose you can take a sentence that is left open and apply the meaning you wish to it ...... I was thinking, "Ya... gonna need more Pac money to buy them off."

 

Edited by Forever Cursed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose

Trump has been claiming that the election is rigged. His rallies consist of rants of "lock her up" although she hasn't been found guilty of anything. A supporter (a state rep no less) was investigated by the secret service after commenting that Hillary should be put before a firing squad and shot for treason. Now Trump claims that Hillary is trying to do away with the 2nd Amendment...something she has never said...and that if she chooses her judges (that would be post-election) maybe the 2nd Amendment folks can do something. 

It's clear what the meaning was. It seems as if he's joking, and certainly there's a couple behind him who appeared shocked and then busted out laughing. That said, it's not actually protected speech to joke about people killing your political opponents during a presidential race. 

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sweetpumper
1 minute ago, ChaosRose said:

That said, it's not actually protected speech to joke about people killing your political opponents during a presidential race. 

He wasn't talking about murder.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
36 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Yes. I think there are people fired up enough over many of his comments, including his recent statements that the election is "rigged," that it wouldn't take much to tip them over the edge. 

It's ridiculous for the Trump camp to try to claim he wasn't saying what he was clearly saying. He wasn't talking about drumming up the 2nd Amendment vote. First of all, he claimed that Hillary was trying to do away with the 2nd Amendment, which isn't true. Then he was talking about a scenario in which Clinton won the presidency and was appointing her judges to the Supreme Court. At that point, he said...

By the way, if she gets to pick, if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know," Trump said.
He added: "But I tell you what, that will be a horrible day..."

Actually there is an interview from a couple of months back in which George Stephanopolous can't get Hillary to acknowledge that the 2nd amendment is a right.  I can't find the video  but while talking about it she keeps answering by saying "If the second amendment is a right" Which indicates to me that one of her goals will be to heavily curtail our 2nd amendment rights. 

 

That being said Trump is way out of line with this little comment which he probably said tongue in cheek.  There are way too many people out the that may take this as a message.  After all Regan got shot by Hinkley because he was obsessed with Jody Foster and one of her movies suggested that, that was a good way to prove your love.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose
2 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

He wasn't talking about murder.

He's certainly not talking about getting out the vote in a post-election scenario. 

What would be different about the "2nd Amendment" folks that could influence Hillary's ability to select Supreme Court justices post election? I just can't put my finger on what that might be. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sweetpumper

Not voting for her.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
supervike
3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

That being said Trump is way out of line with this little comment which he probably said tongue in cheek. 

Absolutely.  I think it was tongue in cheek as well. 

 

It does remind me of the movies when a Mob boss will say something like "maybe he'll have a little accident".  We all know the message the boss is saying without saying it, and it's silly to think otherwise.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose
Just now, Sweetpumper said:

Not voting for her.

Remember...we're in a post election scenario where Hillary is picking her judges. There is no vote at this point. The voting is over. 

Why specifically mention the "2nd Amendment people" in reference to stopping her post election?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leonardo
10 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

Flashback: Clinton Suggested Obama Would Be Assassinated

While leftists go ape over Trump's Second Amendment comments, a reminder that Hillary literally said Obama might be murdered in 2008

In 2008, Hillary declared that she wouldn’t drop out of the presidential race against Barack Obama, despite trailing way behind, because ‘anything can happen’ and then she cited the assassination of RFK.

“We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California.” Hillary stated at the time.

Hillary’s campaign went into spin mode almost immediately, saying that people “misinterpreted what she meant,” and that “people did not understand the context in which she made this reference”.

 

http://www.infowars.com/flashback-clinton-suggested-obama-would-be-assassinated/

What Clinton said back in 2008 was irresponsible, but not in the same league as what Trump said.

First, Clinton was not attacking Obama as a "threat" to anyone when she made her comment, and that meant her comment was not made in that context - as a "threat". Second, she obviously was referring to the timing of the event, rather than the nature of it. She said that Bill Clinton didn't secure his nomination until June '92, then spoke of Kennedy being assassinated "in June". It was a poor choice of comparison, but it wasn't ambiguously threatening - unlike what Trump said.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RavenHawk

I just love how the Left takes Trumps words and spin them into showing that he's a wannabe dictator.  It is absolutely hilarious, especially after 8 years of Obama.  Obama has ushered in the Neo Totalitarianism and Trump is the despot?  The Left and all their Cronies are scared $-hitless.  Everyone here does know that the Founding Fathers provided two methods to effect Regime change?  One is by the Ballot and the other is by the Bullet.  Trump wasn't threatening Hilary but he was calling all patriots to do their duty as laid out in our Founding Documents.  Voting is violence.  It's the only real power an individual has.  Our vote is more to keep the tyrant out of office (so that using the bullet will be unnecessary) than to promote the winner of a beauty contest.  That is the failings of Democracy.  That is why we are not a Democracy.  And we have failed in the last 2 elections, so we deserve the consequences.  Elections are more than just voting.  It's taking an active role in our governance.  We know what Hilary will do and we know what the MSM is trying hard to negatively spin what Trump wants to do.  There is no comparison.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose
3 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

I just love how the Left takes Trumps words and spin them into showing that he's a wannabe dictator.  It is absolutely hilarious, especially after 8 years of Obama.  Obama has ushered in the Neo Totalitarianism and Trump is the despot?  The Left and all their Cronies are scared $-hitless.  Everyone here does know that the Founding Fathers provided two methods to effect Regime change?  One is by the Ballot and the other is by the Bullet.  Trump wasn't threatening Hilary but he was calling all patriots to do their duty as laid out in our Founding Documents.  Voting is violence.  It's the only real power an individual has.  Our vote is more to keep the tyrant out of office (so that using the bullet will be unnecessary) than to promote the winner of a beauty contest.  That is the failings of Democracy.  That is why we are not a Democracy.  And we have failed in the last 2 elections, so we deserve the consequences.  Elections are more than just voting.  It's taking an active role in our governance.  We know what Hilary will do and we know what the MSM is trying hard to negatively spin what Trump wants to do.  There is no comparison.

There's no spin. Those were his words. What the Trump camp is trying to do is spin his own words in some different direction, and it requires much contortion on their part. 

And your highlighted part is just another shining example that the Trump followers feel they would be justified in violence if Hillary gets in. 

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sweetpumper

Another who mentioned the possibility of an Obama assassination was none other than Obama’s own running mate, then-Sen. Joe Biden (D-DE):

“I guarantee you, Barack Obama ain’t taking my shotguns, so don’t buy that malarkey,” Biden said angrily. “They’re going to start peddling that to you. I got two, if he tries to fool with my Beretta, he’s got a problem.”

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leonardo
3 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

I just love how the Left takes Trumps words and spin them into showing that he's a wannabe dictator.  It is absolutely hilarious, especially after 8 years of Obama.  Obama has ushered in the Neo Totalitarianism and Trump is the despot?

What are you talking about? That started with Ray-Gun and every Administration since then has simply carried on the trend. I know you have a vested interest in hating on Obama, RavenHawk, but you could at least try to make what you write sound more believable.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ellapenella

Oh no Donald Trump understands the constitution what to do?? oh no, he's a Patriot. Who would of ever thought a Patriot would rise up at this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.