Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Putin accuses Ukraine

bmk1245

4 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Hitler cared about his country much. So? Question is, what leaders do for their countries and prosperity of citizens. Putler solves internal problems with ****ing nearby countries (Georgia back in 2008, now Ukraine).

Even if what you say is true --- re Georgia and Ukraine and it almost certainly  isn't and is just the way it has been portrayed
for the Western audience - --

he will have to go some to beat this kind of meddling -

8 minutes ago, bee said:

Even if what you say is true --- re Georgia and Ukraine and it almost certainly  isn't and is just the way it has been portrayed
for the Western audience - --

he will have to go some to beat this kind of meddling -

And after that, T. Snyder explains then and now

Nearly an hour long !!!
I certainly don't have the stomach for that right now - so I skimmed through the comments - which is a 
quick way of getting a handle on what an hour of watching that might be like --

here's an example -- :)

You have to understand, he is a Yale man. He takes American propaganda to new heights. I wonder how much he gets paid to spew this liberal crap. This is why I worry about my grandchildren as they attend college, being brainwashed by these liberal professors who will not allow any conservative views. They are filling our younger generation with this hogwash and rewriting the history books.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"From Reality to Propaganda" is what this speech really is. But first you love the guy, admire this stunningly brilliant mind, get infected by his passion and only after a while you realize who he is and start to get goosebums from being so close to the Evil... The lair of Yale has spawned more of them like Robert Kagan who co-founded Project for the New American Century and his wife Victoria Nuland who visited Kiev 3 times in November 2013 and spent $5 billion of American taxpayers money to support Russia-free Ukraine...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and a little one to finish off with --

A propagandist explains the propaganda.

10 minutes ago, bee said:

Seriously? You're passing off YouTube comments as authoritative sources? :lol:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bee said:

[...]

and a little one to finish off with --

Clair brought bit of insight. Kudos, Clair :clap:

As I see, those commenters would see England's history as propaganda... 

Listen T.Snyder first, then judge by yourself

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Clair said:

You watch it then and tell us all about it - I dare you - 

but then you would be in the same category as those making comments after watching the video - wouldn't you..

so who exactly would you consider an authoritative source - ? 

bmk perhaps - haha -  if HE actually watched it --- :)

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Clair said:

To be fair, comments can bring additional info, discarding them right away ain't wisest way.

2 minutes ago, bee said:

You watch it then and tell us all about it - I dare you - 

but then you would be in the same class as those making comments after watching the video - wouldn't you..

so who exactly would you consider an authoritative source - ? 

bmk perhaps - if HE actually watched it --- :)

I did watched this particular vid, and other vids of Snyder - quite insightful, and I can't find big flaws in his arguments.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

I did watched this particular vid, and other vids of Snyder - quite insightful, and I can't find big flaws in his arguments.

give us a synopsis then - in your own words - and we'll see if Clair finds it authoritative enough lol -

4 minutes ago, bee said:

give us a synopsis then - in your own words - and we'll see if Clair finds it authoritative enough lol -

In short - Russkies are bad (objectively).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bee said:

HA! "see if Clair finds it authoritative enough lol " ah a non-understatement?, Clair would be like Yeah right! YouTube has always been the paramount MOUNTAIN ! of authoritative source from which to gleen intelligence. QUICKLY ... insert gif, SYSTEM HAS NOT BEEN WORKING .... another test .... ta-da! and the results are:postimage.gif

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, MWoo7 said:

HA! "see if Clair finds it authoritative enough lol " ah a non-understatement?, Clair would be like Yeah right! YouTube has always been the paramount MOUNTAIN ! of authoritative source from which to gleen intelligence. QUICKLY ... insert gif, SYSTEM HAS NOT BEEN WORKING .... another test .... ta-da! and the results are:postimage.gif

Right to the point :clap:

• Like 3

^^Yeah, what MWoo said. :)

All one has to do is read some of that YouTube commentary to see the obvious bias of the people who wrote it. Snyder is a respected historian specializing in Eastern European history and the Holocaust. Yes, the Holocaust, the same Holocaust some of Bee's sources of choice claim never happened. Anyway, I am familiar with Snyder's work having read several of his articles, including the following (written last year):

http://www.nybooks.com/daily/2015/07/21/ukraine-kharkiv-edge-of-europe/

An excerpt from that article:

The essence and explicit purpose of Russia’s war in Ukraine, on the other hand, is the destruction of the European Union as a universalist project that Ukraine could join. In its place, Moscow wants to establish a rival to the EU, known as the Eurasian Union. Rather than universal recognition of the legality of states and rights of citizens, the Eurasian project proposes a Russian hegemony of territories that Russian leaders regard as historically theirs, such as Ukraine. Its moral premise is that members of the European Union have abandoned traditional European culture (by which is meant religious, sexual, and political exclusivism) for “decadence” and that only Russia represents civilization.

Yet the Russian effort to break the Ukrainian state by military occupation and Eurasian propaganda has not, at least thus far, succeeded. Very few people in Europe would actually prefer the Russian model on display in Crimea and the Donbas—millions of refugees, a defunct economy, everyday violence, thousands of deaths, general lawlessness. On the other hand, since a large number of Ukrainians have been willing to take risks, suffer, and die in the name of Europe—even as the EU itself suffers a grave identity crisis—it makes sense to ask what they think they are working toward.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Clair said:

^^Yeah, what MWoo said. :)

All one has to do is read some of that YouTube commentary to see the obvious bias of the people who wrote it. [...]

Majority of comments are infested with Kremlin's patsies, on YT especially. Kinda fun to see Russkies spewing mucus on US websites. As far as I see, Russkies lost their marbles, and lost all of it. At what point someone puts "To Berlin" on BMW?! Or slogan "Obama CHMO" (chmo is demenial word) on Mercedes(!)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Clair said:

[...] Anyway, I am familiar with Snyder's work having read several of his articles, including the following (written last year)[...]

Tip of my hat, Clair. Kudos.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

HA! "see if Clair finds it authoritative enough lol " ah a non-understatement?

Just quoting the above insert, so I was thinking that might possibly be the first double oxymoron statement YEY !

2 minutes ago, MWoo7 said:

Just quoting the above insert, so I was thinking that might possibly be the first double oxymoron statement YEY !

Ok, I'm doubling that.

3 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

And yes, I do think/believe that Putler is a new Hitler, 21st age Hitler.

Ironically, Putin's pet name for the US (and it's allies) is 'Adolph Hitler.' His sob story, to anyone who will listen, is that his forces are 'polite, but menacing' whereas Western forces are aggressive and hellbent on destroying Russia. The fact of the matter is, that one of the biggest threats to world peace right now is Russia's aggression towards its neighboring countries. The Baltic states and Poland have every reason to be concerned. So does the Ukraine. Russia has at least 50,000 'polite but menacing' soldiers mobilized on the other side of the Ukrainian border - with thousands of ceasefire violations using prohibited weapons to their credit (see UN Security Council link provided below). Thousands of 'polite but menacing' Russian special forces are also hovering. Furthermore, not only has Putin cut gas supplies, a few months ago a Russian cyberattack shut down part of the Ukrainian power grid. And that's not even the half of it. So it's no surprise that the Ukrainians, and others, are convinced his recent accusations are his way of escalating tensions so that he has an excuse to fire the first real shot.

Remarks at a UN Security Council Open Debate on Ukraine (April, 2016) - http://usun.state.gov/remarks/7251

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Clair said:

Ironically, Putin's pet name for the US (and it's allies) is 'Adolph Hitler.' His sob story, to anyone who will listen, is that his forces are 'polite, but menacing' whereas Western forces are aggressive and hellbent on destroying Russia. The fact of the matter is, that one of the biggest threats to world peace right now is Russia's aggression towards its neighboring countries. The Baltic states and Poland have every reason to be concerned. So does the Ukraine. Russia has at least 50,000 'polite but menacing' soldiers mobilized on the other side of the Ukrainian border - with thousands of ceasefire violations using prohibited weapons to their credit (see UN Security Council link provided below). Thousands of 'polite but menacing' Russian special forces are also hovering. Furthermore, not only has Putin cut gas supplies, a few months ago a Russian cyberattack shut down part of the Ukrainian power grid. And that's not even the half of it. So it's no surprise that the Ukrainians, and others, are convinced his recent accusations are his way of escalating tensions so that he has an excuse to fire the first real shot.

Remarks at a UN Security Council Open Debate on Ukraine (April, 2016) - http://usun.state.gov/remarks/7251

Oh dear, you just asked being thrown up all over with feces... Juts wait for bee delivering nasty stuff...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

Point here, not yet. Not yet. But just wait, Russian world is coming.

Not if I have anything to say about it.  Russia isn't a superpower, they don't have the resources to dominate this planet.

They're not match for the West.

4 hours ago, Zenith said:

For someone who demands everyone sticks to the main subject in your topic threads, you certainly don't seem to have a problem p***ing in other people's threads. As for your comments to (and about) the Americans here, at this point all you're doing is deliberately antogonising them.

That's because Phaeton's policy is "do as I say, don't do as I do".  The hypocrisy is strong with that one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

In short - Russkies are bad (objectively).

Putin and his cronies are bad.  Not the entire Russian people.  Well, hopefully not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

Not if I have anything to say about it.  Russia isn't a superpower, they don't have the resources to dominate this planet.

They're not match for the West.

[...]

Monkey with nuclear grenade dominates what? Basically, whole world.

4 minutes ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

as mePutin and his cronies are bad.  Not the entire Russian people.  Well, hopefully not.

Not entire Nazi Germany people were bad. So? Ah, yeah, you are hopeful (as well, as me)... Damn, I lost line of thought...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Monkey with nuclear grenade dominates what? Basically, whole world.

What?