Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

May I suggest a project for the board?

Hanslune

3 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Oh, those pages are there. You just have to flip farther back in the coloring book. That's so if a kid picks it up and opens the front cover, he won't get an...um...early education.

Fear not, Sitchin's material is appropriately represented.

In the bathroom.

Psfft, every kid knows you flip straight to the center of the maga... err coloring book for the best pictures, to color.

Sitchin's works are there because they are not dry and chafing(a read) like "Before the pyramids: The origins of Egyptian Civilizations" (though I am certain Mz. Teeter is a lovely individual).

Don't even get me started on the blue resin idols of a demonic feline creature they offer.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jarocal said:

Psfft, every kid knows you flip straight to the center of the maga... err coloring book for the best pictures, to color.

Here's the centerfold:

Anunnaki-History-Alien-Gods-Nibiru-with-

Don't squeeze that crayon too hard.

Harte

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jarocal said:

Sitchin's works are there because they are not dry and chafing(a read) like "Before the pyramids: The origins of Egyptian Civilizations" (though I am certain Mz. Teeter is a lovely individual).

I don't know if I've ever mentioned that book here but it's one of the best the OI has put out. Teeter is a great writer and a genuinely interesting person. The exhibit on "Before the Pyramids" was fantastic.

Get the book. Get it now!

Don't even get me started on the blue resin idols of a demonic feline creature they offer.

At the OI we pay proper homage to our Feline Masters. May their whiskers twitch with eternal delight!

20160516-P1490841%20bastet%20w%20lamp%20

Meow.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

I don't know if I've ever mentioned that book here but it's one of the best the OI has put out. Teeter is a great writer and a genuinely interesting person. The exhibit on "Before the Pyramids" was fantastic.

Get the book. Get it now!

At the OI we pay proper homage to our Feline Masters. May their whiskers twitch with eternal delight!

20160516-P1490841%20bastet%20w%20lamp%20

Meow.

It is certainly no "The great pyramid hoax" by Scott Creighton. Not one mention of the Vyse  (alledged) forgery is mentioned which supports the great pyramid being built in pre dynastic Egypt.

the evil iconography for sale, thats just wrong...

Just now, Jarocal said:

It is certainly no "The great pyramid hoax" by Scott Creighton. Not one mention of the Vyse  (alledged) forgery is included which supports the great pyramid being built in pre dynastic Egypt.

the evil iconography for sale, thats just wrong...

On 7/13/2017 at 5:21 PM, kmt_sesh said:

Fear not, Sitchin's material is appropriately represented.

In the bathroom.

Seems pointless, as you'd be applying the same... material you're attempting to remove. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

Seems pointless, as you'd be applying the same... material you're attempting to remove. 

He said Sitchin's material, not Maintstream Orthodoxy diatribes.

Ramps are debunked. Reader's rebuttal of Schoch pushes the Sphynx back half a millennia before accepted mainstream babbling, and even the Iraqi transport minister has given credence to some of Sitchin's assertions about Ancient Sumer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jarocal said:

He said Sitchin's material, not Maintstream Orthodoxy diatribes.

Ramps are debunked. Reader's rebuttal of Schoch pushes the Sphynx back half a millennia before accepted mainstream babbling, and even the Iraqi transport minister has given credence to some of Sitchin's assertions about Ancient Sumer.

AND

as a thread here showed earlier one can - after an appropriate application of stimulants and enhancers - say that it (Sphinx) is 800,000+ years old.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kenemet said:

The Evil Mummy Overlord forgot to mention that the book is available here... free... in PDF format: https://oi.uchicago.edu/sites/oi.uchicago.edu/files/uploads/shared/docs/oimp33.pdf

Free pdfs do not help bolster the bank accounts , war chest "research coffers" of the mainstream orthodoxy. 

On second thought, the pdf is probably free because Cladking has thoroughly debunked its assertions the same as he has other mainstream Egyptologists conjentures in an honest attempt at open sourcing valid, verifiable, evidence based information.

Edited by Jarocal
Ramps have been debunked
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kenemet said:

The Evil Mummy Overlord forgot to mention that the book is available here... free... in PDF format: https://oi.uchicago.edu/sites/oi.uchicago.edu/files/uploads/shared/docs/oimp33.pdf

Thank you for posting that.

Now Jarocal can set aside the bathroom-quality flotsam churned out by the fringe to read something from the sterling, unchallenged, and stalwart world of Mighty Academia.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Thank you for posting that.

Now Jarocal can set aside the bathroom-quality flotsam churned out by the fringe to read something from the sterling, unchallenged, and stalwart world of Mighty Academia.

Unchallenged? Bwahahaha. 

On a side note Jarocal may or may not take advantage of free pdfs offered by the Oriental Institute and other mainstream academic cabal outlets.:ph34r:

One can only regret that Breasted had taken an interest in such a mundane culture(outside of the Hysksos and later Ptolemaic period) instead of truly intriguing cultures such as were found in Pre-Columbian Andean and MesoAmerica civilizations.

I will admit that the institute has done some interesting research in Sumer, Assyria, Babylon. Even if their translation of Sumerian mythology is discordant with Sitchin's masterpiece. :P

• Like 1

Yeah, but you can hardly trust those Orientals, so I'm not too sure about this.

Harte

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Harte said:

Yeah, but you can hardly trust those Orientals, so I'm not too sure about this.

Harte

More than once a busload of Asian folks has pulled up to the Oriental Institute in the expectation that it would have Asian exhibits. Boy, are they surprised!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

More than once a busload of Asian folks has pulled up to the Oriental Institute in the expectation that it would have Asian exhibits. Boy, are they surprised!

I see you have totally glossed over Jarocal admitting that (possibly) he reads peer reviewed academic publications.

I can understand the surprise for some of your visitors considering the Indian subcontinent and the far East are a lot more interesting Oriental civilizations to study and have contributed(IMHO) far more to mankind's development than the ones based in the Levant or Egypt. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ShadowSot said:

Oh no, I've entered a dimensional slip! 

Got down the wrong leg of the trousers of time, did you now?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kenemet said:

Haven't happened to have seen a funny old man with a broom have you? 

• Like 1

I've heard the ladies nicknamed him tripod. I'm guessing he is a photographer by trade...

• Like 1

Or lost a couple of fingers.

Harte

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ShadowSot said:

Haven't happened to have seen a funny old man with a broom have you? 

I say nothing.  I just keep sweeping.  Nobody bother leopard with broom.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Harte said:

Or lost a couple of fingers.

Harte

Hey I've only lost one so counting to nine is still possible. 

Edited by Jarocal
Cladking translations are from the natural language
  • Like 2

I say nothing.  I just keep sweeping.  Nobody bother leopard with broom.

So is it not written? 

34 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I'm so lost. You witty people are skating right over my bald pate.

They  are talking about naughty 18th century French literature using secret words and special jargon - now I'm sure you've heard of 'pig latin'? Yes of course you have but they aren't using that they are using badger Finlandic using English/roman letters.

I have to say it rather suggestive and offensive!

Est plutôt risqué
  • Like 1