Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ability to sense change

Michelle83

For as long as I can remember, I have had this ability to sense change. And it 'always' happens. For example, yesterday I had this overwhelming feeling that something felt different. Everything is the same, but something doesn't feel right. I don't know if the change will be bad or good, or if I know something is going to happen but I'm not certain as to what it is. A few years ago before my Dad's passing of cancer, I had a dream while he was in he doctor finding out if he had cancer or not. During this dream, I was being held back by my brother in a hospital as I was kicking and screaming, yelling and crying at the doctor. 5 minutes after I woke up, we found out his cancer was confirmed. This could be just a coincidence. Before his passing, I had a strong sense of something was going to change. It's a feeling I cannot describe and it almost makes me feel like I'm dreaming, so to speak. I remember waking up randomly the night he died, feeling a presence in my house. A strong presence and I couldn't explain it. I figured it was my Dad. But back to the sensing, has anyone experienced this? 

Every.. single.. time.. I get this feeling, something changes in my life. I don't enjoy it much.. as it happens frequently and it's not small changes, it's usually pretty significant. It's not an intuition, not a gut feeling, but an overwhelming feeling as if something is going to change in my life. My mother in law just passed away the day before Father's Day and I had a very strange feeling that something was going to change. Nobody knew she was sick. Nobody knew she had cancer. She kept it from the entire family, yet I was overwhelmed by this feeling that I couldn't shake. I got a phone call the next day and was given the news of her health condition and that she was in the hospital. She wouldn't make it. 

Also, ll of my dreams, all my life, have consisted of natural disasters, which I don't understand either. Is there a possible connection? Floods, earthquakes, meteors falling from the sky (more frequent than others), fires, sitting on a mountain top in pitch black night with rain falling, but every time the lightning struck, you could see multiple tornadoes in the background. 

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

7 billion people in the world mate, some are going to experience these types of changes in ones life more than others. I hope you can take some form of comfort from me expressing to you that energy is all around us, although you standing 1 metre away from someone else creates a gap... You are not actually disconnected from that person there are invisible atoms bridging that gap so I believe anyways. On the other hand you could also just be constantly feeling for change and only connect it consiouscly when something drastic happens and this would make you insane! Lol I'm only kidding. Try meditating you never know. Hope this helps

I don't know why you are dismissing intuition or a gut feeling as the answer as those can be felt very strongly as well, unless you want to think you might have some kind of super ability that most others don't have. I think it would be safe to say that most of us are able to deeply sense things. Sometimes it's because we might have an inner anxiety or fear of something happening, and when it does, we interpret that fear as having sense something before it happened. Other times, we simply pick up hints of things and subconsciously formulate a conclusion. But you also imply that natural disasters and possibly other events occur when you have those strong feelings of change. Those things happen in the world daily. Attaching any of those incidents to the feelings you get is kind of pushing it.

• Like 1