Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If all else fails

ellapenella

17 minutes ago, aztek said:

and they are right, it does not work,  stats were posted many times, there are just as many mass murders in Australia after the ban.   pattern did not change.

Ok.. lets see shall well with actual facts..

lets start from OCt1996..after the port Arthur massacre which started it all

Snowtown Murders (not a single murder but ones done over time) went from Augs 1992 to May 99.. 12 dead non gun related.

Childers back packers fire june 2000.. Arson, killed 15

Monash Uni, shooting Oct 2002.. 2 dead 5 injured

Churchill Fire, Feb 2009 5 dead non gun related , blunt instrument used

Lin Family Murders July 2009, 5 dead, blunt instrument

Hectorville siege, April 2011, 3 dead 3 injured gun related

Quakers Hill Nursing home fire  Nov 2011, 11 dead Arson

Hunt Murders , sept 2014, 5 dead , Murder Suicide, dad kill wife and kids then himself

Logan Shooting, Oct 2014 3 dead,

Sydeny Siege dec 2014, 3 dead 4 injured, gun related

Cairns child killings, dec 2014, 8 dead, stabbing

so from 1996 gun ban to today, there have been 4 gun related mass shootings..

Same period prior to the gun ban..

Boundary Street, Spring Hill, Sept 1996 4 dead 4 injured, gun related

Campsie Murders Sept 81, 5 dead , gun related

Wahroonga Murders June 4, 5 dead, gun related

Milperra Massacre Sept 84, 7 dead, 28 injured, gun related

Top End shootings june 87, 5 dead gun related

Hoddle St Aug 87, dead 7 gun related

Canley Vale murders Oct 87, 5 dead, gun related

Queen St Massacre Dec 87, 8 dead, gun related

Oenpelli shootings, Sept 88, 6 dead, gun related

Surry Hills shooting, Aug 90, 5 dead, 7 injured, gun related

Strathfield Massacre Aug 91, 7 dead, gun related

Central Coast Massacre Oct 92, 6 dead, gun related

Cangai Siege March 93, 5 dead, not gun related

Hillcrest murders Jan 96, 6 dead, gun related

Port Arthur shooting spree by Bryant 35 dead.. 24 injured.

So.. your going to tell me it doesn't work? 13 mass killings in 20 years with only 4 using guns, where as prior, 15 mass killings with one that was not gun related ?

• Like 1

Just now, Varelse said:

Lotta good a bunch of beer bellied Lazyboy warriors are gonna do when SOCOM shows up at the party. 

I believe that special ops is awake and don't like what's going on. I don't think they like Hillary much either nor George Soros.

5 minutes ago, Varelse said:

Lotta good a bunch of beer bellied Lazyboy warriors are gonna do when SOCOM shows up at the party. 

"Ah once bagged a deer with one shot, musta been 300, 400 yards easy."

"Oh good.  You'll be a perfect match for those military snipers who shoot 600 yards at 90% accuracy on a daily basis." 

6 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

Ok.. lets see shall well with actual facts..

Nevertheless...

AS Australia marks 20 years since the Port Arthur massacre, guns still pose a massive threat to our nation.

There are more firearms in the country than ever before, more are imported, and owners are amassing larger arsenals in their homes.

Gun policy expert Philip Alpers, Adjunct Associate Professor at Sydney School of Public Health, warned this morning that boasts Australia has “solved the gun problem” are premature.

When John Howard introduced the National Firearms Act in 1996 after Martin Bryant’s devastating mass shooting, he swore we wouldn’t “go the American way”, and many believe he has been vindicated.

“People are so proud, in some cases, over-proud,” Prof Alpers told news.com.au. “They don’t realise there’s quite a lot of potential out there for gun-fuelled mayhem.”

Here’s why we’re not out of range just yet.

cont...

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/more-guns-and-bigger-arsenals-than-ever-australias-not-out-of-range-yet/news-story/5ac9fd189627c27cee0edaebd20b4a55

Dingo Lingo

if some here would  post  all the crime  where there are gun control laws in place, restriction, gun-free no go with a gun  zone it would fill pages and pages and if  added to that the crimes committed by illegals it would only add more and more pages so what's your point?

1 hour ago, Ellapennella said:

If I were to address some of Soros funded programs that are aimed at youth in schools  I would do so without laughing at how manipulated the youth are and their parents for allowing it. And then you'll use the p.c advantage on me or whoever to shut us up from speaking the truth about what;s really occurring.

In schools and during riots he funds both those areas of distortion

I don't want to use any advantage on you.. Just the thought of people throwing a tea party in fear of losing their guns, actually picturing that lol, made me laugh!! Hard!! 

14 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

So.. your going to tell me it doesn't work? 13 mass killings in 20 years with only 4 using guns, where as prior, 15 mass killings with one that was not gun related ?

yep, shows pretty clear taking guns away did not stop murders.  it did not become any safer with no guns around. 

look at your homicide rate, it did not change much, slow and gradual rate decline over last 40 years, just like in usa with all the guns present.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

do you even live in the U.S ?

About half my life.  The other half was stationed overseas in Belgium, Germany, England, Saudi Arabia, and Japan.  Father being in the Army and myself being Airforce.  Having a Brazilian wife who travels quite a bit for work takes me to other countries on occasion as well.  I will readily admit that being military and well traveled has shaped my outlook on the world and the US.

I have to ask.  Have you actually ever been anywhere outside the US? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ellapennella said:

Dingo Lingo

if some here would  post  all the crime  where there are gun control laws in place, restriction, gun-free no go with a gun  zone it would fill pages and pages and if  added to that the crimes committed by illegals it would only add more and more pages so what's your point?

The difference between one nation that banned guns and another nation that has not banned guns?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Nevertheless...

Well...yeah.

It isn't as if people are dusting off their hands and going "Okay, we're all safe now, no need for cops anymore!"

Gun bans aren't about stopping crime and gun deaths.  They are about controlling it to an acceptable level.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wes4747 said:

I don't want to use any advantage on you.. Just the thought of people throwing a tea party in fear of losing their guns, actually picturing that lol, made me laugh!! Hard!! 

no worries, you're not. and neither are anyone wanting to remove the 2nd for their advantage. you're talking about one thing meanwhile ignoring the entire concept. ridiculous.

Edited by Ellapennella
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

well Jesus said trust no man - I think that means because of human nature . So why would we trust  a group of  politicians with our Natural Right endowed in our birthright given from God to us. There's no argument in knowing that, unless people want to argue that there is no God and therefore we can't live accordingly to God  and even if that was the case, but it's not, there's still the issue of human human nature. and our Natural Rights. 

Lol. Jesus said trust no man... except for that guy that told you guns were part of your natural rights. That guy was totally right and should be trusted implicitly.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

About half my life.  The other half was stationed overseas in Belgium, Germany, England, Saudi Arabia, and Japan.  Father being in the Army and myself being Airforce.  Having a Brazilian wife who travels quite a bit for work takes me to other countries on occasion as well.  I will readily admit that being military and well traveled has shaped my outlook on the world and the US.

I have to ask.  Have you actually ever been anywhere outside the US? 

I didn't ask you all that but whatever its all good. why are you asking me that for? are you wanting for me to see things from another perspective  other than the Republic and the constitution in harmony? 

2 minutes ago, aquatus1 said:

Well...yeah.

It isn't as if people are dusting off their hands and going "Okay, we're all safe now, no need for cops anymore!"

Gun bans aren't about stopping crime and gun deaths.  They are about controlling it to an acceptable level.

It clearly says there are more guns than ever before. That isn't what I call controlling it. Maybe they have much harsher sentences now, for crimes committed with a gun. People in the US, with illegal guns in the commission of a crime, are given a slap on the wrist whether they shoot anyone or not.

10 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Nevertheless...

AS Australia marks 20 years since the Port Arthur massacre, guns still pose a massive threat to our nation.

There are more firearms in the country than ever before, more are imported, and owners are amassing larger arsenals in their homes.

Gun policy expert Philip Alpers, Adjunct Associate Professor at Sydney School of Public Health, warned this morning that boasts Australia has “solved the gun problem” are premature.

When John Howard introduced the National Firearms Act in 1996 after Martin Bryant’s devastating mass shooting, he swore we wouldn’t “go the American way”, and many believe he has been vindicated.

“People are so proud, in some cases, over-proud,” Prof Alpers told news.com.au. “They don’t realise there’s quite a lot of potential out there for gun-fuelled mayhem.”

Here’s why we’re not out of range just yet.

cont...

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/more-guns-and-bigger-arsenals-than-ever-australias-not-out-of-range-yet/news-story/5ac9fd189627c27cee0edaebd20b4a55

agreed, but what it does not tell you is that a lot of those guns are not stored at home but at secure gun ranges, a number of gun owners have increased what they own, but most of those are not kept in the home :) 

12 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Dingo Lingo

the point is restrictions do work,

But I have said it before, what worked here will not work there due to you guys have land borders.

But a restriction on what guns you can own and full background checks eg, criminal mental etc would work there.

Its not about taking the guns off you that's the thing

13 minutes ago, aquatus1 said:

The difference between one nation that banned guns and another nation that has not banned guns?

I almost thought your other post was funny until I realized that it wasn't so funny. if you saw the like and unlike real fast after. anyway...is this a question for me because I don't involve myself with other nations, I don't get involved with other nations and I don't appreciate my country involving itself in arming other nations either. they that are doing that are not in harmony with us We The People. We never vote them in office for any of that.

Edited by Ellapennella

11 minutes ago, aquatus1 said:

Well...yeah.

exactly..

8 minutes ago, rashore said:

Lol. Jesus said trust no man... except for that guy that told you guns were part of your natural rights. That guy was totally right and should be trusted implicitly.

what was the mane of that guy do you know? 

btw Jesus was a man as well,  so why should we trust him? 

43 minutes ago, aztek said:

did google ban you? 

btw i stopped reading after the first sentence, it is a outright lie, mass shootings sure did not stop

Post your evidence. Until then, all you're doing is trying to bait.

1 hour ago, Leonardo said:

On the contrary, I am attempting to correct a false perception. The American Revolution was not about, nor was it caused by, any attempt by the British to exercise "gun control" over the Colonies. Perpetuating that myth only feeds into right-wing fantasies.

without guns and ammo there wouldn't of been a means to push back to  fight against tyranny. 

1 minute ago, Ellapennella said:

without guns and ammo there wouldn't of been a means to push back to  fight against tyranny. 

That has nothing to do with the myth that the Revolutionary War was "caused by an attempt at gun control", Ella. It wasn't.

Edited by Leonardo

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

what was the mane of that guy do you know? 

btw Jesus was a man as well,  so why should we trust him? 

why shouldn't we?  Our Founders trusted him. You stepped all in it now mister.

10 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

I didn't ask you all that but whatever its all good. why are you asking me that for? are you wanting for me to see things from another perspective  other than the Republic and the constitution in harmony? 

If someone has only ever seen a single color in their life, they will never truly understand the concept of colors or the differences between them. 

• Like 2

• The topic was locked