Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I need help

Newpeep

So until last night, I didn't believe in this stuff. My mum believed it and went to reading etc but I was personally never really convinced by it. Until last night. I had a dream that was so vivid and detailed that I believed it happened and at the end I heard a voice telling me that a certain event would happen and this wasn't just happening in my head. I'll warn you now the dream wasn't cheery and is actually quite serious. Basically from what the voice said, around Christmas time there will be another terrorist attack in France. I watched it happen and it all felt so real. This whole day I've had a headache and my mind constantly telling me that this is real and I'm not making it up. I don't know what's happening but I'm that desperate I just need someone's help. I'm worried incase this was in fact real. Just any help would be greatly appreciated 

• Like 1

So your apprehensive about a potential terror attack which has a 50/50 chance of happening. Well it's a few months away. Anyone wanna make bets?

• Like 1

The future is not knowable as nothing is set in stone. And as real as some dreams feel, they are not. Besides, why stress about it? If it happens it happens.

• Like 2

We all have bad dreams, and out of large populations all communicating via the Interwebz, there are bound to be coincidences.  So chances are, sadly, that you (or the next person who posts similarly, or maybe the one after that) could be right.  But how do you define 'right'?  Terrorist attacks are getting to be a relatively common occurrence in this crazy world we live in, and what exactly does 'around Christmas' mean?

As an example, I used to do a fair bit of flying for my job.  One night, before a flight the next day, I had a vivid dream that it crashed.  I bravely took the flight anyway, and.. nothing happened.

But how many other folks have had similar dreams, and of course one day it will happen, they will survive and tell everyone else...  but it's just random chance.  If you have many of these dreams, document them or post about them here (preferably just one thread).  Then, as the times pass, you and we can judge if there is anything to it.

I hope you are not 'lucky' with this particular one..

• Like 2

Not sure what you could do... Just have to wait and see and hope it was just a bad dream.

1 hour ago, Clair said:

The future is not knowable as nothing is set in stone. And as real as some dreams feel, they are not. Besides, why stress about it? If it happens it happens.

That is an assumption on your part, and from my own experiences, not a safe one.

58 minutes ago, Habitat said:

That is an assumption on your part, and from my own experiences, not a safe one.

What is not safe is living in a fanta-psi world.

• Like 2

By posting your premonition you have done all you can for now. If the event comes to pass this will serve as a validation of the event . But you must give as much information as you have , otherwise it means little .  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Clair said:

What is not safe is living in a fanta-psi world.

Moi ? :o Do not discount precognitive dreams, I have had very many. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

The alternative is even less safe.

2 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

The alternative is even less safe.

Don't jump to any conclusions. It took me a long time to realise that precognisant dreams were no fantasy, so infected are/were we with the idea that it simply cannot be.

• Like 2

And your best evidence for that is....?

I'm guessing a really cool anecdote!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

And your best evidence for that is....?

I'm guessing a really cool anecdote!

Anecdote to you, reality to me. But, as i say, I was slow to jerry to it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zenith said:

Interesting article on why people want to believe in precognition.

http://www.livescience.com/38737-belief-precognition-rises-feel-helpless.html

I am beyond instruction on this subject from any wiseacre who wants to tell me it is illusory. Not that I have the slightest control over it.

• Like 3

Well, how's about instead of the wild handwaving and assurances of expertise beyond that of a researching psychologist, you get back on topic.  Post some stuff that is relevant to the OP and able to be sensibly discussed.  If not, why not point out precisely what is wrong in the article and maybe even what was wrong with my first reply...

You know the problem with this? The OP might have given the wrong person an idea. By posting that, someone could say to themselves, "Hey let's do that."

3 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Well, how's about instead of the wild handwaving and assurances of expertise beyond that of a researching psychologist, you get back on topic.  Post some stuff that is relevant to the OP and able to be sensibly discussed.  If not, why not point out precisely what is wrong in the article and maybe even what was wrong with my first reply...

LOL.....I am simply telling the OP that it is possible, going on my own experiences. There is nothing novel about dream precognition, it has been known for millenia. How can it be ? I have no idea.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that premonitions can be real, but the future is not set in stone.  I've had a few and they either didn't happen or they did but the timing was off.  There is also the self-fulfilling prophecy phenomenon which someone mentioned above.

Another possibility is that there has been a lot of stuff about France and terrorists in the news lately, and maybe it got stuck in your head.  The way you described it though, sounds like a legit one, however remember: the future is not set in stone.

There is nothing you can do about it anyway, if it does happen.  The only thing you can do is warn someone to be on the lookout, but I am sure France is already looking out, since things have happened there before.  Maybe you can pray about it-- not sure f that would make a difference or not.

I recently had a "warning" about something that did not happen, but ALMOST did, so maybe the prayer made a difference?  I dunno.

I do not know why people would be given warnings about stuff when there is nothing that can be done to stop it?

On 8/16/2016 at 11:40 PM, ROGER said:

By posting your premonition you have done all you can for now. If the event comes to pass this will serve as a validation of the event . But you must give as much information as you have , otherwise it means little .  

I agree OP needs to post as many details of what he saw to document it. 

I wouldn't get upset over a dream premonition. With these type of things they should be documented in a log and IF you have many details happening in future, that's when you have to try to figure out how it works!

I really don't want to be the one to point out this fact but while you all are arguing over whether precog dreams are fantasy or not the fact remains his dream is onto something. Logically speaking. Today's world is all about capitalism greed money. The church has lost its edge so to speak. But Christmas is supposed to be (according to the church) celebration of the Birth of Christ.( Funny how they took that day from the pagans who used Dec 25-jan7th to celebrate the sun god) If the terrorists angle is about religion and Jesus . If not we'll there are a few different theories I have.

I really don't want to offer up ideas to a terrorist in case one is trolling our site but I can say I can see 3 reasons alone( without doing any research as to what important people in the world are going to be where) as to why that dream would send him to us! And instead of help you either want more proof meaning he's a science lab( that's what he'll see it as) you want all the details to the dream after he said it's his first ever which means ( he's scared shirtless and putting his life at risk possibly while you wait a few months to determine if he's legit?) or you're arguing over other small, petty things.

And just for the record for those who have precog there's a huge difference between dreams nightmares and precog dreams! We KNOW the difference even if we can't explain it to you especially our first dozen because let's face it who wants to be seen as different or crazy or unexplained by drs or science? And for the record meds only keep gifts away for so long. Just saying.

Anyone who wants to try to yell at me or put me in my place by posting a reply for my bluntness can. I won't take offense. I won't bother to response ever just so you know. Truth is  you can't put me in a place I refuse to be. I believe in helping others when I can. I thought you all did too. I don't like calling people out and while I am sorry if I've offended anyone who's posted on this topic I'm not sorry for speaking my mind well typing it anyways. I am truly grateful for people like Habitat in a scenario such as this. I'm merely disappointed in how requests for genuine help get treated. I hope those who can will do what I'm about to...

NEWPEEP if you read this I am volunteering to help you to the best of my . Message me if you decide you would like help still. I do not recommend putting anything further about your dream itself out on the board anywheres. Protect yourself first. And don't give trolls ideas. Good luck to you no matter what you decide to do!

Hey newpeep,

Think about this: assume you're 100% correct. Now what? None of the 'game changers' (politicians etc) will ever hear your voice and if they did do you think they'd believe you? Lots of people say stuff like this every single day, so considering that to someone who doesn't know you you're not unique so why should they listen to you? So what you need to think of now is how you cope with your feelings. Maybe start a blog and post about your dreams. I bet you will feel better just 'getting it all out' so to speak. And if your dreams are precognitive you will build up a track record.

Good luck either way!

• 3 weeks later...

I have been on this site for half an hour now and all I see are people saying PROOF PROOF well when you experience it then you won't be saying PROOF PROOF. As Clair said nothing is set in stone. The future is dynamic all futures are possible knowing which one is gonna happen is a gift there are infinite realities. so the real question is are you gonna read a rock and follow it like a fish does some bait or are you gonna find the power within and take control of your situation.