Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How Did God Come To Be?

danielost

On 8/22/2016 at 0:18 AM, davros of skaro said:

God started off like strings on a guitar. One string rubbed against something, and started to vibrate. This in turn vibrated the other strings. Then God became aware.

This is all metaphor for understanding. From our perspective the process is starting, happening, and ending. The ending is God going back to rub the first string, and creating everything inbetween.

Of course I made this up, but then again maybe God is revealing truth through me unawares. 

Yes, I can see a new Canon being developed :o

• Like 1

And popcorn fart was born.

2 hours ago, freetoroam said:

explain what an original god is

The sun god is not pleased with our stupidity.

sun-god_o_4956779.jpg

Edited 1 hour ago by XenoFish 

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Podo said:

If an omniscient creature can be created by enough people thinking about it, Spiderman should also have been created. Spiderman, and every other pop culture icon in the entirety of human history, including (but not limited to) literally every deity ever invented by the human brain.

Well Spiderman does exist, sorta. It's an idea given physical form, movies, comic books, toys, and costumes. He even plays basketball. He doesn't exist as an actual being. There is no Peter Parker web slinging around NY. 

This is the same with Santa. 

Not sure if this made sense.

Hey! I seen him in on that street with all the star things in the sidewalk once, I think it was Follywood besides we have to believe in something who would keep the Joker in check? And who doesn't believe? believe in Santa? after Batman and Joker going at it all the time, a bit of Santa time is always welcome. Yes to curb a few flying comments yes being facetious.

Edited by MWoo7

Enjoy the little sciences like enjoying looking at a distant planet through a telescope.  Be in awe of them and then be scared of what would happen if they no longer worked properly.  Ask big questions, but not too big.  Be satisfied with his words, that he always was and always will be.  From him everything was created, and it was created for him.  Be thankful for the God you have, because there are some real monsters out there who really want to be God, but can never be God.

• Like 1

God - and all gods - came to be because of mankinds insatiable desire to explain and understand the inexplicable and incomprehensible.   Its as simple as that.

And I guess God will continue to be until we can explain and understand everything. 

• Like 1

god is three things conscience, intelligence, and love.  he is all he can be of these three things,  the reason I used conscience is because it seems to be the only that doesn't change,  intelligence can increase and love can increase or decrease as the situation warrents.  yes I know god is all love.

49 minutes ago, danielost said:

.  yes I know god is all love.

A Buddhist view,    But sadly not the case with the majority of gods who, historically, seem to have spent most of their time telling their followers to kill people who didnt worship them.

Ah, but thats not the gods themselves,   Its the gods priests .....

So who - if anyone - has ever actually represented a real god?

• Like 2

On ‎22‎-‎08‎-‎2016 at 3:11 AM, danielost said:

this thread is not about wither or not god exists.  for sake of this discussion we will consider he does exist.

my feeling is there is a conscience field.  this conscience con neither be destroyed nor created, and is unlimited.  god or the first god came to being by the conscience coming together into one large ball like a sun, 

I think the best way to describe from our perspective, the existence of God, is to take the three immutable qualities that describe him and no other god. He is omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient, but all three qualities derive from one characteristic alone, it is that characteristic that makes him God. The three qualities mentioned are merely derivatives of said characteristic. He is Eternal.

Omniscience is a quality that comes from knowing every aspect of your creation and every influence within it. Omnipresence is a quality that comes from being able to be anywhere at any time since he control space and time and can enter the continuum at will when and where he wants. Omnipotence is a quality that is reserved for a being who can control our surroundings and change them or manipulate those surroundings at will. From the manipulation of matter, to the control of space and time itself.

Thus from the understanding of the word ETERNAL, he was neither born nor did ever at a time in the past, come into being. Now this may seem to be contradictory from our understanding of the space time continuum we inhabit in our universe, since our universe did have a beginning, thus the logical answer would be that God does not inhabit our space time continuum nor was he ever a part of it at any time. Sure he can enter it and manipulate the continuum but he is not a part of it. Essentially he is outside the bubble we call our universe or even the larger multiverse.

Did he ever have a beginning? We don't know but we can surmise that for all intents and purposes, the physical rules that apply to us do not apply to God. A being that can witness the beginning and the end of our universe without aging himself can only be considered eternal from our point of view.

In the Christian view, God is also a triune being, meaning that God is three individuals but at the same time one immutable being, or rather what we call the Godhead. Each of these three are God, a part of God, an aspect of God, without losing the esstial characteristic that makes God himself. Thus all three individuals are Eternal, and due to this characteristic derive the 3 qualities of God.

But it is the nature of the individuals that allow us to properly understand why they actually exist.

1.The Father is the being outside of the universe, whose glory would destroy any one of us who saw him. Neither seen by the angels nor those who have died. Invisible and whose radiance blinds any who look upon his throne. Traditionally characterized as a metaphor of an old man with a beard, dressed in white.

2. The Son, is the being who is inside the universe, who received a physical body for that purpose and is the visible representation of the Father.

3. The Holy Spirit is the presence of the Spirit of God within out hearts, that which makes us more than animals, and that which connects us to God directly. He can be welcomed or refused, he can be hurt and he can be gladdened. The Spirit was offered to us on our creation as a species and inhabits every single one of us until no longer welcome.

• Like 4

The Enigma of "Existence" is simply beyond our human mind to grasp or understand.

There are Two Impossibilities:  'EXISTENCE'  and  NON-Existence !

Both defy explanations. 

Whether you call the Creative Existence  Force - God, Thought, Tulpa,  or whatever,  does not matter.

The unanswerable question where did "ANYTHING" come from remains - and is simply unexplainable with our mind.

9 hours ago, Hartmut said:

The Enigma of "Existence" is simply beyond our human mind to grasp or understand.

There are Two Impossibilities:  'EXISTENCE'  and  NON-Existence !

Both defy explanations. 

Whether you call the Creative Existence  Force - God, Thought, Tulpa,  or whatever,  does not matter.

The unanswerable question where did "ANYTHING" come from remains - and is simply unexplainable with our mind.

What a load of garbage. Just because we don't currently understand existence doesn't mean that we can't. That's defeatist at best and blindly religious at worst.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hartmut said:

and is simply unexplainable with our mind.

Right now, but in a year, 10, even a 100 years. We will (hopefully if we don't wipe ourselves out) know more than we do right now. That is basically an insult to human achievement. None thinkers do that.

Here's the young lad Max Loughan (13 years old) on what he thinks god is, universe!, he's almost fresh from birth, maybe he has a good enough answer, I like his answer.  Be warned, some audio, video problems!

Spoiler

Edited by Hyades
  • Like 1

HA! dangerously blind, a bit more clear than my unicorn popcorn thesis, okay thanks popo ..ah, ?, brb, ah! podo and now that's going into my repertoire of supercilious, derogational, rhetoric for wooing the masses.  I almost jumped in to mention that some of Christian sects didn't preach the three, father , son, holy ghost and also! that the derivatives of omni were nice, but on the other hand, I kind of want to be able to stop in and read and post from time to time in the future, so ... let dogs lay or ? lying down or ? ha! whatever the phrase/diddy/expression/saying is.

Edited by MWoo7
added a comma

HOLY CRAP, THANKS Hyades, I'm now cracking down a bit on my kid's homework! the neighbor's kids too! kidding.

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

I would imagine there are countless people that know everything he said, and a good number that follow what he's saying but the way he's saying it sounds so clear, so defined, even when he says oh I don't know, so simple, so matter of fact. LOVE IT !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Podo said:

What a load of garbage. Just because we don't currently understand existence doesn't mean that we can't. That's defeatist at best and blindly religious at worst.

I'll wager you can't even come up with a hypothesis. What we have here is " nothing is beyond science" which is clearly a faith, not a "reasoned" opinion. You have replaced the belief in God, with a belief in science, but cannot see that is what you have done. It is, er, "blindly religious".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Right now, but in a year, 10, even a 100 years. We will (hopefully if we don't wipe ourselves out) know more than we do right now. That is basically an insult to human achievement. None thinkers do that.

Well, if we wipe ourselves out, we may find out sooner, for all we know. You are asking people to have faith in science as the one true way. What "reason" can you give that would "prove" that ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I'll wager you can't even come up with a hypothesis. What we have here is " nothing is beyond science" which is clearly a faith, not a "reasoned" opinion. You have replaced the belief in God, with a belief in science, but cannot see that is what you have done. It is, er, "blindly religious".

You'd wager wrong. I have plenty of theories, but none can be verified with current understanding, so they're irrelevant thought-experiments.

Science isn't a religion, and the faster you figure that out, the better time you'll have. The reality is that scientists ask questions and try to figure things out, while the religious invent answers and don't attempt to verify it. Even if scientists never figure out what our existence is, they'll never stop learning and trying to figure it out. Any attempt to learn the unknown is infinitely better than saying "oh, humans can't possibly know this, so there is no point in trying" that so many religious folks say. 

Give us just one of your theories, podo, it is a slow day for laughs. I see nothing but a "faith", in the notion that somehow science is applicable to it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

we know no more about the real unexplainable than we ever have.  yes, we can explain more things but they weren't really unexplainable.  god is one truly unexplainable thing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, danielost said:

we know no more about the real unexplainable than we ever have.  yes, we can explain more things but they weren't really unexplainable.  god is one truly unexplainable thing.

If god can not be explained or understood? Then why do so many cling to holy books and the words of those who claim to know God's will? Since no one know.

• Like 1

Christ said the answers are right in front of us.  but, the wise man would not understand and the simple would.  I guess that makes me a wise man.

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If god can not be explained or understood? Then why do so many cling to holy books and the words of those who claim to know God's will? Since no one know.

most who claim to know god's will are trying to get rich.  I meant we as a people.  we as a single person can understand god if we open our hearts not our minds.  I am unable to do that because of my childhood.

Just now, danielost said:

most who claim to know god's will are trying to get rich.  I meant we as a people.  we as a single person can understand god if we open our hearts not our minds.  I am unable to do that because of my childhood.

I'm unwilling to give into creating an emotional connection to a fictional character. In order to satisfy some confirmation bias and/or emotional need.