Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sleep Pouring?

Jiang

So last night I went to bed around 1-2 am, later that night I woke up around 4:40 am. I moved around finding that my blanket was completely soaked in water, and so were a part of my bed sheets. I looked over at my night stand and I completely freaked out (quite frankly still am). My closed bottle of water (plastic ones) was open, and on the floor, while the cap of the water bottle was on my night stand. At first I though "holy ****, someone was in my room, they poured water all over me." But after I got over that I though "I peed myself," so I decided to smell my bed sheets, and they didn't smell like anything. Also my bed sheets, and blankets were wet but if I did pee myself my pants and underwear would be complete soaked, but they weren't. So no I didn't pee myself. 

I decided to just lay my blanket on the floor and let it dry. I tried to push the thought out of my mind, but I simply cannot. 

My water bottle was closed, on my night stand where I can't reach unless I get up and reach for it. It was half full, I remember drinking up until the tag around the water bottle. I woke up with my sheets, and blanket completely soaked with water. I double checked that I didn't p*** myself. I woke up, laying in my bed. 

Do you think there was somebody in my room that night?

or

Am I in my sleep opening water bottles, and pouring it all over myself? (If so, is there a condition for it, and should I see a doctor?)

Hmm, I don't know if the Help and Support Desk will be able to fix this one... This thread will get moved to the appropriate area.

But yes, your second explanation is correct. You opened the bottle in some state of sleep, and missed your mouth. It's not a worrying condition, unless it happens all the time. (If it does happen often, please set up a video camera. Many people would love to see a sleeping person pour water all over themselves)

Welcome to UM Jiang.

• Like 2

I agree with Timonthy, unless maybe you have a brother or sister in the house or something like that. I've sleepwalked about 3 or 4 times in my life. It happens to allot of people on occasion. I had a friend who said he sleepwalked as a kid. Said he'd walk untill he bumped into something, then pee on it. Went around peeing on everything in the house. I wouldnt worry much about it. 

You probably tried to get a drink in your sleep, opened it and fell back to sleep and the water spilled. 

I don't stuff in my sleep that I have no recollection of doing.  I've taken off earrings and rings and put them on the dresser, taken off socks and even a foot brace that has Velcro.

10 hours ago, Jiang said:

Am I in my sleep opening water bottles, and pouring it all over myself? (If so, is there a condition for it, and should I see a doctor?)

I'm mostly going with Timonthy's opinion regarding your experience.

However, you may be able to avoid such experiences if they happen to recur, by drinking a glass of water every night before bed, or perhaps avoid keeping a bottle of water at your bedside reach.

• 4 years later...

HELLO 

MY NAME IS SAM, IT IS JAN 24, 2020, now 10:30pm

I have found your post through google searches, 

because this similar situation happened to me,
In my bed around 5:00 pm I was listening to some videos on my phone and relaxing in and out of a drowsy like state, like an afternoon nap, at about 5:40.. my parents are taking the little dog that we have for a walk , and the dog is whining so i wake up, just lying in bed now ,,. until about 6:11 I wake up and go downstairs to brew some water in an electric kettle then make my self a weak coffee using a french press.. everything goes on normaly for a sunday . until about 10:20pm , I go back into my room since I had left at 6:11pm,

I noticed a large amount of water poured ONTO my bed, at first I thought it was my dog who had gotten there and started licking it .. however it was SOAKED , heavily when you pressed your hand into it the water came up on your hand.
, I was SHOCKED, then I thought maybe the dog had peed on it.. but it was just water , I even tasted it a little just to be sure. 
there is a bottle of water besides my bed on the floor about 1 foot away from the mattress ,the mattress is about 11 inches off the ground, the bottle of water has been there since Friday , Un opened , I use it rarely , I dont drink sips of water in the middle of the night, just sometimes I use to to drink to help swallow a melatonin pill right before bed. , the bottle was half empty and fully away from the bed and closed cap, even had the lid been open ,should the bottle have some how tilted onto the bed,(not possible due its far distance from the closest edge of the mattress) it would not even pour onto the bed because it was NOT full enough. in any case when I arrived to the room at 10:20 pm the bottle was 1 foot and half away and fully closed. standing on the ground. my first thought was the dog had licked the mattress wet ,,then after realizing how heavily soaked it was  ,I thought it was pee, but it was just WATER.

I did not fall asleep during this afternoon nap, was basically just resting. in and out of a state of drowsiness , I do no have a history EVER of sleep walking ,talking or anything, I do not wet the bed or have I ever had any such history as a kid or adult.
the ceiling was completely in tact . it was not dog pee or saliva, 

this is extremely strange , the only two possible explanations was that a person had done it ,maybe a crazy person who entered the house while my parents went to walk the dog ,hid somewhere , entered my room , did that , and hid around and left again, all without being seen by 3 people and dog.
the other possible explanation is a ghost of some kind , perhaps my late younger brother who passed away at a young age. 
we basically search inside and even outside the house for any signs of a person doing this, also mind you we live in the suburbs ,very low crime, no strange people, or activates .big houses , very unlikely of it to be a random person and we would have also heard, the dog would have smelled and barked.. it is still however POSSIBLE. 

but again. I just thought Id share this.
Sam.