Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

49er Star sits during Anthem.

supervike

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

and some blacks do not wait to trow a "racist" label on any white who does not agree with them even if the issue has nothing to do with race. 

Well only speaking from my own experience. I don't think anyone threw that label around unless you're talking about Kapearnick? 

1 minute ago, Nightgale said:

Well only speaking from my own experience. I don't think anyone threw that label around unless you're talking about Kapearnick? 

lol,  key word is your experience, i have a different one.

Just now, aztek said:

lol,  key word is your experience, i have a different one.

I can see that now just got to make that clearer cause it sounded like it was aimed at me. 

10 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s conversion to social activism coincided with his romancing of a hip hop DJ of Egyptian descent who has frequently spoken about perceived racial injustices and “Islamaphobia” in the U.S.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/08/30/kaepernick-social-media-posts-laud-black-lives-matter-black-panthers-since-dating-activist-dj.html

Of course.

As they say in the Yard (Scotland Yard that is): "mark my words, there's a woman at the bottom of it all".

• Like 2

Just now, Lord Fedorable said:

As they say in the Yard (Scotland Yard that is): "mark my words, there's a woman at the bottom of it all".

Well, she is his top tight end.

1 hour ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

That's nice you have your own opinion on it, but others differ, and just like this thug, everyone has the right to say what they want about it. 

Thug.  That's another way of calling him a ******. (n-word)

Edited by OverSword

1) Don't know where it was said, but sometimes players go right from high school into professional sports and skip college.

2) IMO it's about respect....are there some people or things not to respect here...sure, but there are a whole lot MORE that deserve it and then some. I've said it before and will probably say it again......

My mother always told us, just because you CAN do a thing doesn't mean you SHOULD.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

No, it's not.

Yes it is.  Nobody has referred to a white guy as a thug since the 1950's.  It went out of style after that and came back in when gangster rappers revived it to refer to themselves.

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Nobody has referred to a white guy as a thug since the 1950's.

Sure they have.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, skliss said:

1) Don't know where it was said, but sometimes players go right from high school into professional sports and skip college.

2) IMO it's about respect....are there some people or things not to respect here...sure, but there are a whole lot MORE that deserve it and then some. I've said it before and will probably say it again......

My mother always told us, just because you CAN do a thing doesn't mean you SHOULD.

When somebody here said that you must go to college to enter the NFL doesn't know what they are talking about. The only rule the NFL has is that a player must wait 3 years after high school.

Not a mention of college at all.

LOL about the thug thing, give me a break! Go hide in your safe place!

Edited by ZZ430
Because I can
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sweetpumper said:

Sure they have.

Do a google image search for thug and see what it means in todays world. 99% of the pictures are of black men and .75%of the others are white men posing as black men. 

But Kaepernick is not a thug, he's a punk.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Yes it is.  Nobody has referred to a white guy as a thug since the 1950's.  It went out of style after that and came back in when gangster rappers revived it to refer to themselves.

That is totally false.

• Like 2

Just now, OverSword said:

Do a google image search for thug and see what it means in todays world. 99% of the pictures are of black men and .75%of the others are white men posing as black men. 

But Kaepernick is not a thug, he's a punk.

Google has their own agenda. And Kap isn't a thug, just a brainwashed little b****.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

That is totally false.

See above.  I don't know what year it is where you live but it means the N word now. 

Edited by OverSword

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

See above.  I don't know what year it is where you live but it means the N word now. 

No it doesn't. Unless you're buying into Richard Sherman's cry baby whining nonsense from a couple of years ago because someone called him a thug.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Clair said:

No it doesn't. Unless you're buying into Richard Sherman's cry baby whining nonsense from a couple of years ago because someone called him a thug.

Get real.  When you call a black guy a thug what does it mean?  And give me one example less than 20 years old of a white guy being called a thug.  If you can do that I'll drop it forever.  Until then you're just in denial.

Edit to add that since Richard Sherman has a degree and graduated with above a 4.0 then the word thug could only possibly be applied to him to mean one thing.  Think about it.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, skliss said:

I bet if we goggled Donald Trump + thug we'd get hits....lol

Yes we certainly would.  Donald Trump Thug image result below.  Did they need to paint his face like Al Joleson to make it more clear for you deniers what thug means in today's world?  You may as well argue that gay doesn't refer to homosexuals because 50 years ago it meant happy.:whistle:

48071783.cached.jpg

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Get real.  When you call a black guy a thug what does it mean?  And give me one example less than 20 years old of a white guy being called a thug.  If you can do that I'll drop it forever.  Until then you're just in denial.

Edit to add that since Richard Sherman has a degree and graduated with above a 4.0 then the word thug could only possible be applied to him to mean one thing.  Think about it.

What you are essentially saying is there are no white thugs. Contrary to what the media is programming people to believe, the word thug is not the new N word. It's the same as scum of the earth. We have always and will continue to call them all thugs...regardless of age.

• Like 2

Just now, Michelle said:

What you are essentially saying is there are no white thugs. Contrary to what the media is programming people to believe, the word thug is not the new N word. It's the same as scum of the earth. We have always and will continue to call them all thugs...regardless of age.

If I use the word gay to refer to someone then what am I talking about in the year 2016 Michelle?  The last thing you think I'm saying is happy.  It's one of those words that through common usage the definition for all purposes has changed.

• Like 1

The Gangsta rappers claimed the 'THUG' term for themselves.  For years they were calling themselves THUGS.  The name stuck, I guess.

In my opinion THUG does not just mean black, it has kinda come to mean 'black gangster'.

I can see how people confuse that with a code word for the 'n-word'.  But, I don't think that accurately represents it's meaning.   It's mostly the gangsta thing. Certainly there can be white thugs...

• Like 3