Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why is Clinton's health being ignored?

and-then

1 hour ago, Liquid Gardens said:

That FDR is consistently ranked as one of the greatest presidents should tell us how accurate and legitimate the eyes of the voters are when assessing disabilities though.  His performance puts lie to the idea that an illness should be a reason to disqualify a person.  If Hillary actually has any illness, we're not in the ballpark of polio.

FDR being one of our greatest presidents is a real stretch and definitely in the eyes of the beholder.  This ridiculous analogy started by Aquatus that some presidents were ill and therefore any illness is fine needs to be stopped now.  

We are talking about brain damage with Clinton, NOT crippled legs and anyone who claims the two are analogous is not thinking straight.  That FDR had trouble walking is not the same as Hillary, who told the FBI she had many memory losses and whose husband stated on TV that she had a very severe concussion that took months to recover from and that she still suffers from.  Hillary had more than a concussion she had severe cerebral thrombosis and a history of deep venus thrombosis  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerebral_venous_sinus_thrombosis  These are not "bumps to the head" as alluded to above and they have long term and sometimes dire effects.  

Regardless, if someone wants to make the case that a crippled president is the same as a brain damaged one then please feel free, we all need a laugh.  

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

I honestly don't understand why you seem to be so willfully blind. People provide very reasonable reasons why she shouldn't be allowed anywhere near any position of power, and you just dismiss it with heavy duty sarcasm. We know you don't like Trump, but why do so so flatly refuse to even read let alone take seriously anything against the other?

And I honestly don't understand why you're such a fanboy for Trump. Tell me, what qualities does he bring to the table?

This will be a vote between the lesser of two evils. Right now, it;s about 50/50. Why do yo so vociferously defend the other piece of slime?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

And I honestly don't understand why you're such a fanboy for Trump. Tell me, what qualities does he bring to the table?

This will be a vote between the lesser of two evils. Right now, it;s about 50/50. Why do yo so vociferously defend the other piece of slime?

If you believe the constitution is worthless then this is a 50/50 election because Hillary will put enough far left wing judges on SCOTUS to pretty much end the republic.  

1 hour ago, Clair said:

Perhaps we should try the Teddy Roosevelt test. Shoot them at the start of a 90 minute speech. If they can finish the speech, they're in. If not, then it's sayonara sucker.

He even had two large bullet holes in his speech lol.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

If she has incontinence issues what's the BFD?

A mean old lady in diapers as our president? Yay.

• Like 3

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. 

Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Or a mean old man with a bad come over? Hurray!

Edited by Likely Guy

2 minutes ago, F3SS said:

I think it's her microphone transmitter but still - at that age many people opt for a little insurance. Not really needed but if you get stuck in traffic at the wrong time they can save the day.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Or a mean old man with a bad come over? Hurray!

Yea well the great men who made this country wore wigs. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Yea well the great men who made this country wore wigs. 

point F3SS. then again their great idea for cheap labor was a few Africans they picked up at an auction..

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

FDR being one of our greatest presidents is a real stretch and definitely in the eyes of the beholder.  

Everything is in the eyes of the beholder, but as far as a stretch, he aggregates out as #2 across several polls, notably of actual historians and scholars:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States

Regardless, if someone wants to make the case that a crippled president is the same as a brain damaged one then please feel free, we all need a laugh

I guess I don't see that's where the onus is, I think someone should first make the case that non-doctors are very reliable when making diagnoses of people they've never met, especially to the degree they can intelligently compare their disabilities.  Especially since 'brain damage' is so ridiculously overwrought and, if we hold the definition of the phrase to what it normally refers to, is total conjecture on your part.  Just as FDR's polio could have had more impact on his mental state during his terms, we are guessing as to what Clinton's future health will be over the next 4 years. Most people who have thrombosis fully recover.  Even if you're right, outside of empathy I guess I wouldn't mind that much if she unfortunately had some actual condition that required the vice-president to take over in the middle of her term; given your opinion of the Clintons, I'd imagine you'd prefer that also (although, yes we know, it will also likely be the 'end of the republic').

I know you don't give a rip what I think, but I think sometimes you may have some legitimate points buried in there but if so they are drowning in exaggeration.  It's totally cool that you may be hyperbolic out of passion, there's legitimately plenty of crap going on that is infuriating, and you occasionally make some funny cracks using it, but it makes your points and positions a lot fuzzier and is a lot to wade through.  It only seems to be your posts here, I've seen you post on the spirituality boards and it's so calm and measured in comparison.  If these exaggerations are truly what you think, if you think 'brain-damaged', 'very ill' people could give 2 speeches in two different states today, I guess that's good to know when reading your posts.

42 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Everything is in the eyes of the beholder, but as far as a stretch, he aggregates out as #2 across several polls, notably of actual historians and scholars:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States

I guess I don't see that's where the onus is, I think someone should first make the case that non-doctors are very reliable when making diagnoses of people they've never met, especially to the degree they can intelligently compare their disabilities.  Especially since 'brain damage' is so ridiculously overwrought and, if we hold the definition of the phrase to what it normally refers to, is total conjecture on your part.  Just as FDR's polio could have had more impact on his mental state during his terms, we are guessing as to what Clinton's future health will be over the next 4 years. Most people who have thrombosis fully recover.  Even if you're right, outside of empathy I guess I wouldn't mind that much if she unfortunately had some actual condition that required the vice-president to take over in the middle of her term; given your opinion of the Clintons, I'd imagine you'd prefer that also (although, yes we know, it will also likely be the 'end of the republic').

I know you don't give a rip what I think, but I think sometimes you may have some legitimate points buried in there but if so they are drowning in exaggeration.  It's totally cool that you may be hyperbolic out of passion, there's legitimately plenty of crap going on that is infuriating, and you occasionally make some funny cracks using it, but it makes your points and positions a lot fuzzier and is a lot to wade through.  It only seems to be your posts here, I've seen you post on the spirituality boards and it's so calm and measured in comparison.  If these exaggerations are truly what you think, if you think 'brain-damaged', 'very ill' people could give 2 speeches in two different states today, I guess that's good to know when reading your posts.

Yep, I agree and she should release ALL her medical records and stop the nonsense now, no?  In most elections, in my lifetime, that is what happened until Bill Clinton and his probable multiple STD's refused to do so.  The Barry Obama refused to release his college transcripts.  See a trend?

There isn't a rational person on earth that looks at that woman and says she is in excellent health except the crooked doctor who penned that letter.  This is simple, release ALL your records and prove the doubters wrong.

Honestly, I read very little of your post as it is ridiculous to not ask her to prove her health when she told the FBI she didn't understand the classified procedures because she lost memory when she was concussed.    There is nothing unusual in releasing health records until Bill Clinton so stop the theatrics. 

Edited by Merc14

4 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

*raises hand*

Oh! Oh! I know this one!

*ahem*  Russia\Putin sympathizer who lives in Europe.

Clues: Think about the bromance that's going on between Trump and Putin right now. Think about if Trump was to become President that he may find a way  to lift the sanctions against Russia. Think about how it would be if the U.S. and Russia were to become the best of friends against everybody else. Think about what the U.S. would be like if it was influenced somewhat by Putin through Trump's Presidency. Think subtle Communism.

And if anything else might give you a clue, LG, sometimes the use of tyrants from movies and past world history as his avi's over the years here on UM.

Need anymore more clues? I've got tons more. :D

Edited by Purifier
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Because the alternative is a genuine psychopath, who may well be seriously ill.

Isn't that enough? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Purifier said:

*raises hand*

Oh! Oh! I know this one!

*ahem*  Russia\Putin sympathizer who lives in Europe.

Clues: Think about the bromance that's going on between Trump and Putin right now. Think about if Trump was to become President that he may find a way  to lift the sanctions against Russia. Think about how it would be if the U.S. and Russia were to become the best of friends against everybody else. Think about what the U.S. would be like if it was influenced somewhat by Putin through Trump's Presidency. Think subtle Communism.

And if anything else might give you a clue, LG, sometimes the use of tyrants from movies and past world history as his avi's over the years here on UM.

Need anymore more clues? I've got tons more. :D

I've no idea whether that's a subtle joke or whether it's just paranoia. I suspect the latter.  I mean come on, to see Trump as a Trojan Horse for Communism when the "Democratic" party has become steadily more and more centralised and drawn more and more power to it? And the way that it arranged the voting vis-a-vis Clinton and Sanders, so that the Official Candidate was duly chosen, that was straight out of Uncle Joe Stalin's approach to democracy.

Edited by Grand Moff Tarkin
  • Like 1

Anyway, the Donald can't be a Commie, he's really a Nazi! Is Donald Trump’s Endorsement by 88 Retired Generals a Secret Neo-Nazi Code?

a move to boost his national security credibility, Donald Trump released an endorsement letter signed by 88 retired military figures.

Now some are questioning if there is a hidden anti-Semitic message behind the statement — since the number 88 is a well-known code for ‘Heil Hitler.’

:mellow:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

I've no idea whether that's a subtle joke or whether it's just paranoia. I suspect the latter.  I mean come on, to see Trump as a Trojan Horse for Communism when the "Democratic" party has become steadily more and more centralised and drawn more and more power to it? And the way that it arranged the voting vis-a-vis Clinton and Sanders, so that the Official Candidate was duly chosen, that was straight out of Uncle Joe Stalin's approach to democracy.

Joking about your use of tyrants names and avi characters, that's about it, although you do really do that sometimes as I've noticed in the past. But otherwise, over the years you've pretty well made it known here on UM about your sympathy for people like Putin and other's like him.

Come on man, you can't tell me you wouldn't like to see Trump and Putin become the best of friends if Trump was to become President. I know some of the things Trump has said about Putin in the past has tickled your fancy and you love it. That's what it's all about for you, right? That's why you'd love to see him become President. 

1 hour ago, Purifier said:

Come on man, you can't tell me you wouldn't like to see Trump and Putin become the best of friends if Trump was to become President.

As an alternative to Clinton's absurd blustering belligerence? Of course I would. unless you believe Hillary's "New Hitler" guff, of course. And frankly she's the one who displays tendencies towards megalomania much more than the president of Russia. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

That FDR is consistently ranked as one of the greatest presidents should tell us how accurate and legitimate the eyes of the voters are when assessing disabilities though.  His performance puts lie to the idea that an illness should be a reason to disqualify a person.  If Hillary actually has any illness, we're not in the ballpark of polio.

I'd agree, with the caveat that walking is not exactly prerequisite to a presidency.

I have more than enough reason to consider Clinton unfit - I don't need to cite her health as disqualifying.

Harte

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

He was such a great President that they had to pass a Constitutional Amendment after he left office to keep anyone from serving more then 2 terms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Sweetpumper said:

From the link above....

nearly 71% of 250 physicians responding to an informal internet survey by the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS). About 20% said concerns were "likely overblown, but should be addressed as by full release of medical records." Only 2.7% responded that they were "just a political attack; 

Only 3% thought the talk of her health was entirely political.

More than 78% said the health concerns had received "not enough emphasis" in the media, and only 2.7% that there had been "too much emphasis."

Only 3% thought there has been too much emphasis (coverage) of her health.

A poll of 833 randomly selected registered voters by Gravis Marketing showed that nearly half (49%) were not aware of the "well documented major health issues that Hillary Clinton has." Nearly three-fourths (74%) were unaware of Bill Clinton's statement that Hillary suffered a "terrible" concussion requiring "six months of very serious work to get over." The majority (57%) thought that candidates should release their medical records.

Well there you go. Doctors and the Public want to know, and if any of it is true, think that she should be disqualified.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

As an alternative to Clinton's absurd blustering belligerence? Of course I would. unless you believe Hillary's "New Hitler" guff, of course. And frankly she's the one who displays tendencies towards megalomania much more than the president of Russia.

Lol. I love how you cherry pick my posts and avoid the rest, but no matter. First off, I don't believe anything Hillary sayz, even if she was to be right at least once. But that's because I tend to think  all politicians tend to spin the truth. And as far as Hillary and Putin are concerned in comparison, same pile of crap, different color. There is no 'one is better then the other' in my eyes, even Trump, although he's just more of a narcissist then anything on a WWE reality TV trip.

But regardless of all that, if Trump were to become President and you think we're going to become isolationist because of him, well you're sadly mistaken and you'll see within the next four years, it doesn't make all that much difference who becomes our President. And it won't even matter how much Trump and Putin get along personally. And you'll also see how much time you've wasted going after Hillary supporters or people who just don't like Trump in general, because it will all be in vain for you; especially if Trump was to become President.

Things won't change all that much outside the U.S. in general, maybe some things inside the U.S., but we'll still be poking our noses in foreign affairs and will still be involved in foreign wars 4 to 8 years from now. Congress (Republicans\Democrats) and weapons manufactures will make sure of that. And the future President either won't do much of anything about it or they'll follow right along.  And things are still gonna suck for your favorite guy, Putin.

17 hours ago, Merc14 said:

This is, frankly, a very silly post.  

NO, YOU!!!

Seriously, though, this is really getting more childish by the post.

I am, in no way, insulting handicapped people as you so absurdly contend in your effort to change the subject,

Just because you don't intend to insult handicapped people in your efforts to endorse your poltical leanings does not mean that you are not insulting handicapped people.  Dismissing life-threatening illnesses in regards to capability to work is insulting.  Pretending someone is incapable of working competently because they have a debilitating illness is insulting.  Pointing at people who wear diapers is insulting.

I am merely making the point that there is enough questions based on her behavior, regarding this woman's health that she should release her health records to assure us all she is healthy enough to serve for four years.   All the videos and photos have been posted here many times and I am NOT going back and reposting what we all are familiar with. 

Then, let's say the first video in the thread, would you agree that it represent what you consider to be the examples of Hillary's symptoms?  This one here:

Please confirm, so that I don't waste my time checking out your definitions of "Hacking her lungs out", or "being carried up stairs", or "people being shocked at her spasmodic episodes".  Is this the video you are talking about?  Is this the one with the examples?

What Merc claims Aquatus said:

12 hours ago, Merc14 said:

FDR being one of our greatest presidents is a real stretch and definitely in the eyes of the beholder.  This ridiculous analogy started by Aquatus that some presidents were ill and therefore any illness is fine needs to be stopped now. 

What Aquatus actually said:

On 9/4/2016 at 2:26 PM, aquatus1 said:

Roosevelt had polio, Lincoln had smallpox and depression, George Washington had pretty much every disease under the sun. 

Illness is not and never has been a disqualifier for the presidency.

Or, wait, no, yes, it is a problem.  A huge, freaking problem.  Sitting there completely unable to do anything while your body falls apart around you is the single most pants-messing ordeal I can imagine (With FDR, that was literal).  Screw the people playing around with this like the political hot potato they are using it as.  I sincerely hope they never have to go through a hell on earth like some of these debilitating illnesses bring to some.

How am I determining that she is no better or worse off than any of the other examples of presidents with debilitating diseases, assuming she actually has debilitating disease of some kind?

By pointing out that there have been several example of presidents with debilitating diseases who carried out their duties under similar circumstances.

Yes, Polio can result in both nervous system damage and mental impairment.  That isn't all that important however.  In and of itself, polio is still a debilitating disease that killed many people, and that severely damaged FDR's body, and continued to affect his for the remainder of his life, just like it did for all the other people stricken with polio.  And yet, he still carried out the duties of the office of the president.  The point still stands: debillitating disease in no way disqualifies someone from the office.

A sensible person would acknowledge that there is a very good chance that all is not well, but, like many other people before her, Hillary can indeed continue to do her job, despite having medical issues.  People who are medically debilitated do not automatically become useless.

I'm all for reasonable assumptions.  Tell me Hillary shouldn't be in a position of power because she is untrustworthy, I will nod in agreement.  Tell me she is a criminal because of the way the Clinton Foundation handles money, not a problem...

but pointing at her and derisively declaring she must be wearing diapers?  That is just childish.  How could anyone take that sort of thing seriously?

Has anyone denied that she might be ill?  Or is that just you trying to pretend that other people are being unreasonable in not accepting that anonymous can accurately diagnose severe brain damage based on...well, hopefully you will post the vids you are referring to.

When you can show that a president or presidential candidate is not mentally fit for the office of the presidency, you will have a case.  If all you can do is gasp in horror that she is coughing or wearing diapers, you got nothing.

• Like 1