Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Waverly Hills Sanatorium....Updated.

Olate1

We revisited Waverly Hills Sanatorium on August 26, 2016 for debunking purposes.

Originally investigated on August of 2014....our group recreated the events that lead to the video capture of the apparition in 2014..

Original video equipment were used....along with a newer tool....an Xcam SLS camera.

Your comments are welcome.

Starting with the slowed down version of the clip (slowed to x1/8 speed) of the apparition from 2014....

The following clip will show the events before, during, and after...(2014)...

Now for the 2016 episode of the investigation....for debunking purposes....was hard to recreate the apparition....

Finally....I gave Tina Mattingly (the present owner of Waverly Hills Sanatorium) a copy of the video of the apparition....her smile was precious!!!

• Like 4

Just curious ... where was this 'apparition' just to be certain ... all I saw was the discoloration of the walls that looked obliquely like a silhouette ...

Edit: never mind ... saw it at 0.43 of the 1/8X version and at  0.23 of the normal speed version ... good catch ... looks like it enters the frame and is not something stationary ...

Actually using 0.25 speed on the normal video works better ... and less irritating due to the sound distortions ~

Edited by third_eye
edit
  • Like 4

On September 4, 2016 at 6:11 PM, third_eye said:

Actually using 0.25 speed on the normal video works better ... and less irritating due to the sound distortions ~

Thanks for your thoughts, third_eye.

You're right about the 0.25 speed looking and sounding better.

Now....let me see how I can put some rock music and captioning to this....just kidding.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That is so neat! We were there Sunday night. I had one of those emf that will speak words. It never said anything the entire time but near the end it said Hospital and then Julia. We are going to go back later and do an overnight investigation.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 2:42 PM, RachelClark said:

That is so neat! We were there Sunday night. I had one of those emf that will speak words. It never said anything the entire time but near the end it said Hospital and then Julia. We are going to go back later and do an overnight investigation.

Where is that sanatorium?

Wow, if that's for real, its a hell of a catch.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Is it strange the skeptics have left this one alone? Or am I reading to much into that?

• Like 6

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:10 PM, preacherman76 said:

Is it strange the skeptics have left this one alone? Or am I reading to much into that?

heh actually I cant watch youtube vids at work.. they blocked them.. which is very annoying.. so will have to wait for when I get home.. so will check it out over the weekend

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Waverly is not far from where I live and one of the two places I grew up in. And its one of the most annoying/aggravating places I can think of from a Paranormal standpoint.

Because its one of those places that could be interesting if it was not for the sheer massive amount of clearly made up BS that a lot of people throw around. (not in this case, that's interesting but not stunning)

My favorite is people who throw around death numbers. (I have a friend who keeps saying 12'000 people) But its less then 5'000 in 70 years of operation. But that kind of silly exaggeration really messes with any real credibility. I have been a few times with friends, and I'm always just more annoyed while I'm there... mostly because of the other people.

I also always thought it was interesting that in its day it was a top of the line installation.

My Great-Great Grand mother actually was housed there for a few years.

• Like 4

On 11/26/2016 at 6:10 AM, preacherman76 said:

Probably reading too much into it.

As a skeptic, unless the evidence provided is clearly faked, I tend to hold off commenting until I or someone else debunks it (or confirms it).

Of course, I'm not the type of skeptic that doesn't acknowledge the possibility of the paranormal.

• Like 2

On 12/26/2016 at 1:58 AM, blackstarraven said:

Waverly is not far from where I live and one of the two places I grew up in. And its one of the most annoying/aggravating places I can think of from a Paranormal standpoint.

Because its one of those places that could be interesting if it was not for the sheer massive amount of clearly made up BS that a lot of people throw around. (not in this case, that's interesting but not stunning)

My favorite is people who throw around death numbers. (I have a friend who keeps saying 12'000 people) But its less then 5'000 in 70 years of operation. But that kind of silly exaggeration really messes with any real credibility. I have been a few times with friends, and I'm always just more annoyed while I'm there... mostly because of the other people.

I also always thought it was interesting that in its day it was a top of the line installation.

My Great-Great Grand mother actually was housed there for a few years.

I agree with you. You have a personal connection to this place.

To me.....this facility is sad, yet beautiful at the same time.

I won't say it's "faked" because i have no evidence of that. But i will say these videos are hard for me to take seriously when they're in night vision, and contain an excessive amount of unnecessary panning.

I watched and while i can make out a figure in the background at one point it could be anything from a trick of light and positioning to an extra person attempting to look like a ghost. I don't see a ghost or proof of anything supernatural though. But to be honest, i don't believe there is any sort of VIDEO evidence that would convince me that ghosts exist. Technology has reached a point where these things get easier to fake everyday unfortunately.

8 hours ago, The Narcisse said:

I won't say it's "faked" because i have no evidence of that. But i will say these videos are hard for me to take seriously when they're in night vision, and contain an excessive amount of unnecessary panning.

I watched and while i can make out a figure in the background at one point it could be anything from a trick of light and positioning to an extra person attempting to look like a ghost. I don't see a ghost or proof of anything supernatural though. But to be honest, i don't believe there is any sort of VIDEO evidence that would convince me that ghosts exist. Technology has reached a point where these things get easier to fake everyday unfortunately.

I see your point.

I watched this a few times but slowing it down makes it choppy. There something weird about the camera movement and the figure. I am too tired to do a proper analysis but can you post the video with out being slow down?

11 hours ago, Brian Topp said:

I watched this a few times but slowing it down makes it choppy. There something weird about the camera movement and the figure. I am too tired to do a proper analysis but can you post the video with out being slow down?

Thanks, Brian Topp.

The second clip was the normal speed version.

Again, my apologies for the amateurish filming.....my first time filming in the dark.

On 11/26/2016 at 3:10 AM, preacherman76 said:

You might have opened up a can of worms:P

On 12/14/2016 at 0:58 PM, Ghost Inspectors said:

I love the ones most difficult to debunk. This is an excellent catch!

Thanks, Ghost Inspectors.

But, it's still to be determined.

On 11/3/2016 at 2:29 PM, preacherman76 said:

Where is that sanatorium?

Wow, if that's for real, its a hell of a catch.

Thanks, Preacherman.

Waverly Hills Sanatorium is located near Louisville, Kentucky, USA.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2016 at 1:27 PM, MstrMsn said:

Probably reading too much into it.

As a skeptic, unless the evidence provided is clearly faked, I tend to hold off commenting until I or someone else debunks it (or confirms it).

Of course, I'm not the type of skeptic that doesn't acknowledge the possibility of the paranormal.

Thanks, MstrMsn.

On 9/23/2016 at 6:22 PM, unconventional said:

That's really cool. I'd love to go there. 

Thanks, unconventional.

On 10/25/2016 at 11:42 AM, RachelClark said:

Thanks, RachelClark.

1 hour ago, Olate1 said:

Thanks, MstrMsn.

Not sure what I did, but you're welcome.

I've seen a few things on Waverly Hills. Very interesting, and would really like someone to actually catch something big. 

Best of luck in your search.

I hate to just be openly skeptical. (Comes with My Job I feel)
But... No one is going to catch anything "Big" at Waverly Hills.

Because there is really nothing big to be caught.

There are people who practically live in the place.

-not really, but I actually have friends who spend a few days there a week- Mostly because people pay them to take them in to Waverly.

And the people who are there a ton. Are the most skeptical people ever, because if you have been there hundreads of times and never seen anything 'big' there is most likely nothing big to see.

• Like 1

You guys pay for access, right?  

http://www.therealwaverlyhills.com/tours

On 05/09/2016 at 10:41 AM, Olate1 said:

Finally....I gave Tina Mattingly (the present owner of Waverly Hills Sanatorium) a copy of the video of the apparition....her smile was precious!!!

Mine would be too if my son (or grandson) had managed to convince you that you'd seen a ghost, knowing this kind of thing is good for business. .  Just a thought. The shape looks just like a small boy.  

Edited by The Butler

29 minutes ago, The Butler said:

You guys pay for access, right?  

http://www.therealwaverlyhills.com/tours

Mine would be too if my son (or grandson) had managed to convince you that you'd seen a ghost, knowing this kind of thing is good for business. .  Just a thought. The shape looks just like a small boy.  

Yeah....there is an  entrance fee for overnight investigations.....only adults over 18.