Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Waverly Hills Sanatorium....Updated.

Olate1

23 minutes ago, Brian Topp said:

Not many skeptics come to investigations section of this forum. 

I am leaning on faked.

You would most likely be correct.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I doubt the scientific community would touch this with a 10 foot pole. Same reason most of our skeptics who live for this type of thing have been a no show. 

Well, I was referring to how you think just looking at the video and then labeling it "unexplainable" and seeing no need for further investigation.

olate1, can can use your video footage to post my results on my research in this thread. You see this site and youtube have strict rules about using copywrited material and I can just post my own findings in gif and picture format.

2 hours ago, Brian Topp said:

olate1, can can use your video footage to post my results on my research in this thread. You see this site and youtube have strict rules about using copywrited material and I can just post my own findings in gif and picture format.

You have my permission, Brian Topp:tu:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Frankly, I think it's fake. Even without watching the video, the first suspicious thing for me is that the entrance to the sanatorium is paid, and the payment is taken "to see paranormal".

As to the video itself, there are plenty of ways to create such an effect, just a simple glass temporarily inserted into that frame would do. The movements of the "ghost" correspond to the parallax offset of the camera as it turns, just like it would happen with the reflection. At least, if I would need to create such effect I would use the glass, someone else probably would use AfterEffects, but I think the best mock-up is the real mock-up - when it's used cleverly enough it can be as realistic as no CGI would ever be. If my memory doesn't fail me I've seen at least one similar video on YouTube: though it was shot with a simple camcorder, it was completely identical to this one in each and every aspect: a creepy place, people standing in the hallway with a woman in front of the camera, the camera turns and catches a glimpse of a ghastly female figure in the seemingly empty window beside a door, and yet again the figure is seen only in the window and never in the doorway! If there is no glass in the window, then why is it so?

Besides, YouTube videos are tougher to investigate as they are always recompressed, sometimes even more than once, everything becomes blurred-out and whichever information was in the noise and the artifacts it becomes lost, rendering everything inconclusive. Yes, the best proof of authenticity is in the noise and the artifacts! That's why I prefer pictures, especially RAW. :lol:

I can remember only one truly amazingly authentic ghost footage I've seen in my life: it's the 2001's Gettysburg ghosts footage by Delia and Tom Underwood.

Edited by Chaldon

• 1 year later...
On 1/25/2017 at 11:11 PM, coolguy said:

That was cool, lots of crazy stuff happens there

Meh. Not really.

Again been there a bunch, nothing ever happens.

Have friends who work there, they think its funny that people come there to see stuff.

And they put it pretty effectively.

"I can tell you if some one is going to see anything based on how much they want to."

On 8/10/2018 at 3:44 AM, blackstarraven said:

Meh. Not really.

Again been there a bunch, nothing ever happens.

Have friends who work there, they think its funny that people come there to see stuff.

And they put it pretty effectively.

"I can tell you if some one is going to see anything based on how much they want to."

Sheeeeesh, even the dead know when something has "jumped the shark" but the living, not so much, lol.

Edited by ~Onyx~