Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why Don't People Have Orange or Golden Eyes?

Claire.

Why Don't People Have Orange or Golden Eyes?

The animal kingdom is full of creatures with wacky-colored peepers: great horned owls sport stunning golden eyes, while cats see through bright green, yellow or even orange eyes. So why don't humans show such colorful oglers?

Read more: Live Science

• Like 3

Well, with the advances in photopaint and photoshop, should be a ton of pictures out there, I can't stand how today hardly any pictures are real or not hit with layers of filters, this and that and by photo studios that are supposedly professionals, I was quickly shown the door for saying that one time when saying how to use the camera and light and this basic software built by a 12 year old to keep the highest quality of raw, anyway I digress, stepping down off my soap box and lowering my horns : D  Here comes a pic ! (Yeah I know its a cat) Yes you're talking about people, ..................but I'm partial to cats : Dserveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Flh3.googleu

• Like 1

Mine were brown.  Now they are green(ish).  If I had orange eyes...well, I guess that would be cool.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

Mine were brown.  Now they are green(ish).  If I had orange eyes...well, I guess that would be cool.

Same. Mine started out brown and then got lighter to like a greenish color. My hair also changed from like brown to black for some reason

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

Same. Mine started out brown and then got lighter to like a greenish color. My hair also changed from like brown to black for some reason

My hair changed from red to brown.  Well, now it's got some gray in it....sigh.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Clair said:

Your eyes must be gorgeous. Mine are weird, green with a dark blue border.

Until people bother to look at my eyes up close they just think I have very dark brown eyes (I also wear glasses that obscure them). It's eye doctors that usually get all worked up over the color (because it's very rare).

• Like 2

I have blue eyes, but at times I have brown around my pupils that comes out and because it is light it looks golden.  Depends on the light and my mood. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lilly said:

Humans can have amber colored eyes, or eyes so dark blue as to often look deep violet (I have that color myself).

See link here: https://owlcation.com/stem/Rarest-Eye-Color-in-Humans

I was born with purple eye color and black hair. I lost hair and it grew back as ash blond and my eyes changed to green. When I got older the hair changed back to almost black. Genetics in humans or animals can be strange. 

• Like 1