Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

War Protesters

IrishGent

War is not the answer. This war could of been resolved in 1991. If Bush snr. lived up to his deal - if the ppl stood up to Saddam they would be given aid by America. Since he didn't live up to his deal, they lost 'faith' in America and put their faith back to Saddam.

I was reading the commentry to 'The art of War' by Sun Tzu and there was a case in which a chinese general (not SunTzu) took over a city without killing a single person. All he did was told the ppl that he would help them and give them homes if they joined him. He lived up to his word, by helping them, and he took over the city.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homer

• Bizarro

• lil_kanga77

• Pale_Horse

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

actually, we need both types of people

we need the people that are supporting our troops

We also need people that watch out for our country

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

This is the time to support the coalition forces in Iraq - not to parade around complaining about a decision that has already been made.

Couldn't agree more!

Anyone have any views on what Mike Moore said?

I recently saw Bowling for Columbine and all the bonus features on the DVD.

The world needs more people like him, in my opinion.

Those are the same kinds of people. Those that support the troops also support and watch out for the country. If you don't support the troops you don't support the country.

Anyone have any views on what Mike Moore said?

Michael Moore is a left wing, anti-American extremist, who happens to be one of the most hated men in the U.S. I make no apologies when I say the world would be better off without him.

Those are the same kinds of people. Those that support the troops also support and watch out for the country. If you don't support the troops you don't support the country.

OK.. my two cents...

First if there are peaceful displays against the war... then that is it.. they do not cause harm to others OR cause the police to have to come out and break up rallies and the such. I am for the right for people to display their views in a peaceful way

HOWEVER.. many protestors, not all, are more for the stopping of he war and say that we United States and the British and others do not belong over anywhere. As strong countries.. we also have a responiblity to protect others around us including the people of Iraq , Iran and others. If they will hurt their own countrymen they will hurt others. Where I live we have had PRO rallies supporting the war.

Freedom of speech is the one of the greatest things in our country.. however, when you speak out against the goverment in our times it is called expressing your views.. in WWI and WWII that would be considered treason and to the extent that some people are going as far as they are today I believe some of them need to be tried as as treason against their country.

People need to realize when they protest out against the men and women in the armed forces being over in other countries, they are in fact attacking our goverment. To say the war is not right,, yes I believe war is a horrible terrible event. But the act of war is horrible, our armed forces are not and neither is our goverment.

There are many people in the United States that need to take more pride in the country that they live in. Not just during 4th of July. They need to thank every man and woman that has EVER served in any branch of the armed forces for all that they have and conitnue to have. Anyone that does any less in ungratefull for all that has been done for them in this country.

Michael Moore is a left wing, anti-American extremist, who happens to be one of the most hated men in the U.S. I make no apologies when I say the world would be better off without him.

huh.gif

From what I've seen, he's hated because he casts light on issues that would rather be swept under the rug and forgotten about.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's marked man for all the people and corporations he's p***ed off but along the way he's done a lot of good too.

He takes a stand for good not bad and we need people like that in the world. There are surely more "dangerous" people in society than he.

I've got just one thing to say to all those protesters. My Father is over in Iraq right now risking his LIFE so that we can sleep safely at night,he is over in Iraq fighting to protect YOU'RE WORTHLESS, YELLOW BELLYED LIVES!!! IF I COULD ENLIST I WOULD BECUSE I LOVE THIS CONTRY ENOGH TO GIVE MY LIFE FOR IT!! SO SAYS....THE METALIX KNIGHTMARE!!!!!!

Thank you and have a good day.

-Edit

Removed the unecesary vulgarities

-SaRuMaN

Edited by SaRuMaN

From what I've seen, he's hated because he casts light on issues that would rather be swept under the rug and forgotten about.

Michael Moore doesn't bring forth anything new, and his closed minded views are biased towards the extreme left wing fanatics. This topic has already been discussed, and I'm not about to go digging up links for you to read.

I view Michael Moore like I view PETA. There are a lot of good ideas, and the ultimate goal is a good one. However, the means in which he attempts to accomplish his goals are wrong.

I've got just one thing to say to all those protesters. My Father is over in Iraq right now risking his LIFE so that we can sleep safely at night,he is over in Iraq fighting to protect YOU'RE WORTHLESS, YELLOW BELLYED LIVES!!! IF I COULD ENLIST I WOULD BECUSE I LOVE THIS CONTRY ENOGH TO GIVE MY LIFE FOR IT!! SO SAYS....THE METALIX KNIGHTMARE!!!!!!

Metalix , I count myself as one of the anti war protesters . However I can have my say without derrogatory statements or expletives . I understand that you are angered by the situation and protesters that go too far , but could you please remember that some of us believe in the soldiers but not in the war . I will allow you your opinion but not your attacks .

Support for the soldiers is not the same as support for the war .

Edited by SaRuMaN

(Sigh) I'm sorry kismit. Its just that, my Father is being riddiculed by the extremist portion of the protesters. I understand why you are with the Anti War Protesters, and I forgot to look at both sides of the issue. I apologize to all those I have offended with that post. But when you hear people calling your Parent a coward...Aw geeze I've become a hypocryit ohmy.gif ....I apologize again and I think I need to go think about what I said. Later

I don´t like the idea of people running the streets rioting.

But a great country like USA should tolerate criticism from such as Michael Moore without people threatening to kill him. But he should consider if it is propriet or not to critic USA gov/troops in difficult times. but killing protesters or MM? that is taking you to the same level as some of the protestors, riot or worse.

I know, I know that this is a old thread.

I think it´s a good thing USA kicked Iraq ass and I´m very sad for soliders dying over there ever other day.

They get killed, when all they want to do right now, is to help them, and then go home.

would like to ask all these wose bags where were then saddam was dropping the chem bombs on his own people,,because he said they were in tow with the enemy(iran at the time)well i mean i hate to point out the obvious but the are next door..so if an army from iran are going to invade then the border towns are going to be first,,and with no help from the capital,then ofcourse they won't fight back.but sadam the nutball couldn't care less...as long as he's ok the to hell with everyone else....so wake up and smell the crap your speaking wosebags....before you start spouting god and the bible.....how many wars have been fought over the one true god...exactly.. cool.gif

I honestly did not get one bit, nor grasp the core, of the above statement... mellow.gif

And what's a wosebag?

I honestly did not get one bit, nor grasp the core, of the above statement... mellow.gif

And what's a wosebag?

blink.gif Whew.. Then, it isn't just me scratching my head? Thank Goodness!

Phantom.... I keep my "wose" in a bag, you don't? eyecrazy.gif

im boggled as to why the Aussies love Michael Moore? maybe we can send him to live in your country so you can understand why we all hate him. i mean, i understand your points but he is a fraud! we don't need more people like him because culturally he is totally wrong for our country- maybe not for your's. his enemies thrive more off him than those who believe in him. he actually sets back his own beliefs by being too outrageous and turning even the people who agree with him against him. just like Homer said, he is like PETA. im a vegetarian but i think PETA is out there. that's exactly how i feel about Michael Moore.

the means in which he attempts to accomplish his goals are wrong

What "means" does he use that is considered so wrong?

Maybe I haven't seen all sides of Michael Moore so I would like to know more.

we don't need more people like him because culturally he is totally wrong for our country

I'm a little baffled as to why he would be "culturally" wrong for the USA. For one, he is bringing to light the problems associated with gun control or lack thereof.

I'm an Australian living in the US and it scared me to know that basically anyone could own a semi-automatic weapon here. What are they going to be used for? Certainly not hunting.

In Australia those kind of weapons are banned, along with several others. Rightly so, I say and anyone who is trying to reduce the problems brought about with gun ownership should be commended.

Just my two cents worth.

he is culturally wrong because gun control is culturally wrong for our country. it will never happen. never. people do use semi-automatics for hunting. that's why they are still legal. the issue with guns is that guns do not commit crimes, people do. you can't take guns from people unless they don't have the privilege of owning one- even a semi-automatic.

i have no problem with him bringing up issues and i even agree with some of them but he is a fanatic. his beliefs are just a tool. he probably doesn't believe half of the things he says he does, but rather he just claims to because it p***es someone off. you could say the same thing about Rush Limbaugh or some other right wing type character. they are all in the same boat to me.

the issue with guns is that guns do not commit crimes, people do.

Amen! It's a little something called "Personal Responsibility"

Anyway, does anyone know if the site that debunked "Bowling for Columbine" was posted here. I can't seem to find it any longer.

There you have your "Personal Responsibility".

Good one lil_kanga77 original.gif

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you are trying to say.

To me it seems clear, firearms were not responsible for the Port Arthur Massacre, a deranged individual was.