Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lochness Monster

waterjet

Hasn't the myth of the Lochness monster finally started to die out? Everytime they have used radar and search teams nothing is found. I think the Lochness moster is a long standing crock.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sariegn

• Mysteryman

• mr_halo

• waterjet

Hasn't the myth of the Lochness monster finally started to die out? Everytime they have used radar and search teams nothing is found. I think the Lochness moster is a long standing crock.

417649[/snapback]

No,it will never die out.The only way the mystery will end is if nessie is proved to be real,otherwise,it will always be a mystery.And,there is much more to it than just sonar.Read the other threads about it to find out more info,and see that most people on here do believe it exists original.gif

417649[/snapback]

No,it will never die out.The only way the mystery will end is if nessie is proved to be real,otherwise,it will always be a mystery.And,there is much more to it than just sonar.Read the other threads about it to find out more info,and see that most people on here do believe it exists original.gif

417972[/snapback]

Nope...it's a crock. I guess it's a good tourist trap though. Nessie be a part of folk tales... She's had her chance and let us down.....Crock

you do know that the Loch Ness is 23 Miles long, 1 Mile wide and averages 700 feet deep, with some parts going down to 754 feet. Also what type of radar thay used could affect the out come.

I guess we could use sonars in all great lakes to demistify all the Ogopogos and giant snakes out there.

you do know that the Loch Ness is 23 Miles long, 1 Mile wide and averages 700 feet deep, with some parts going down to 754 feet. Also what type of radar thay used could affect the out come.

I guess we could use sonars in all great lakes to demistify all the Ogopogos and giant snakes out there.

418166[/snapback]

They find things like big snakes. I agree that OGO is also a problem. Unsolved showed that picture some lady took of it. Now that was a good monster!! I think OGO is also a crock. Also another problem with Nessie is any breeding population and food sources to sustain such a masive beastie. Crocks I say. They don't and won't find them cause they are not there. Hell, if they were they would at least have found a dead one by now. I think Nessie and Ogo have had their day in the sun. Long live the Chupacabra!

well for a crock to live in the those conditions it would have to be a super-crock ( warm blooded, feeds on little food and is able to live under the high pressure of the depts of Loch Ness...making it a whole new criptid).

Same for Chupacabra, it needs a good pop. number to survive, yet we only see one, the decriptions are way to different from one an other to make a solid definitive shape. Just like all criptids, they can all be debunked or proven depending on the arguments.

Their are many people who believe in the Loch Ness Monster. Though as for me, the truth is - I'm starting to slowly understand or atleast believe that its most likely "mistaken" for something else (such as a rock or branch).

I believe many of the sightings happen to be dead fish, rising animals, or tree branches fallen off into the loch. If anyone observes and/or notices something on the surface, they immediatly suspect that it was the Loch Ness Monster.

This picture I have provided to support my theory (99.9% of the time its anything that comes up to the surface of the lake besides the Loch Ness Monster):

user posted image

This image shows a nearby tree branch or fallen trunk in the loch, loch Ness. When people see this figure, immediatly they suspect it is the Loch Ness Monster, but to me - I think....I think it looks like a tree branch...

Theres also another picture I can't find that shows another tree branch in the Loch that looks really related to what most of the sightings have been seen as or described. Anyone know where it is?

I think Nessie is really the ghost of a dinosaur original.gif It explains why some people see it, others don't, and it can't be found!! Sounds like a good explaination to me!!

I think Nessie is really the ghost of a dinosaur  original.gif It explains why some people see it, others don't, and it can't be found!!  Sounds like a good explaination to me!!

418345[/snapback]

i still reckon nessie visits the loch, but actually lives in the ocean, also i believe there are several nessies...

cool.gif

Its hard to tell and find anything, the lochness river is big and theres so many long caverns under the water for a creature like that to hide. Did you hear about the corpse of a monster they found inside the belly of a whale. Its not miles long but its shaped like a dinosaur and is very fresh. I also think theres more then one nessie.

Though you do realize that the Lake (Loch) is even though its about 24 miles in length or width, that these claimed sightings of the Lochness Monster are like 1/8 or 1/16 of the lake itself. Few would take up the whole lake! And someone asked before wouldn't their bodys float ashore by now if they were actually real. What about the fact that possibly sink and are maybe eaten off small sea animals, etc.

Though you do realize that the Lake (Loch) is even though its about 24 miles in length or width, that these claimed sightings of the Lochness Monster are like 1/8 or 1/16 of the lake itself. Few would take up the whole lake! And someone asked before wouldn't their bodys float ashore by now if they were actually real. What about the fact that possibly sink and are maybe eaten off small sea animals, etc.

418395[/snapback]

they go out to sea to die.....

cool.gif

I think at the most nessie would be almost 50 ft long. And i ment lake not river. I am so tired today sleepy.gif

Nessie could turn into a branch when ever it dies. lol.

It does seem logical that a creature like that would live in the ocean. Or maybe the corpses are eaten by the other nessies?

So wait - is this Loch connected to an ocean?

So wait - is this Loch connected to an ocean?

418408[/snapback]

well there are reported channels and streams that lead to the ocean....

cool.gif

Would it be possible based on found evidence of the Lochness Monster that it could actually fit through?

The monster could have retractable legs that can be brought into its body. And it cant be that fat being almost snakish its head may be narow enough to fit through. And if the cave is too small it could break out some of the walls without making so much of a sound.

i'd think the creature would have to be thin and slender in order to be able to move through these reported channels linking the loch with the ocean.....

i reckon the monster isn't as big as people make out also, i'm going to say maybe 10/15 foot long in the loch, then if lives out its life in the ocean where it grows to be much bigger...

in other words, loch ness is a safe place for very young monsters to get bigger then go to the ocean, kind of like a nursery...

cool.gif

A loch ness nursery for young monsters, kewl. I hope they stop searching for the creature! All there high tech long word scanner things could scare the creatures away. And they never harmed anyone? And if so they go away with it very well. I only hear of sailers who steal the fish say they were bitten by nessie. I'd bite them too if they were taking my food..

The monster could have retractable legs that can be brought into its body. And it cant be that fat being almost snakish its head may be narow enough to fit through. And if the cave is too small it could break out some of the walls without making so much of a sound.

418420[/snapback]

Sounds like your describing a robot or secret government transforamtion submarine grin2.gif

Though do you realize that their could be so many different types of organisms such as new fish or other objects like branches from the ocean being imported into the lake -

Straight down this picture would be considered to be one of the Lochs canals:

user posted image

Edited by Mysteryman

Not a robot, i dont meen go into their bodies i am just not feeling literate right now... I meen like when i gator swims it presses its legs against its body while swimming through small spaces. I think nessie is the same way. And they say she is fast at swimming so her ligs must be almost fin-like and easy to take form into her sides.

I know I was kidding, but it just sounded like you were describing I robot. But I understand where your coming from so don't take it offensively ;-)

Speaking about robots there this kid in my school who i think os a andriod! lol, but thats off the subject... but he is very weird with black eyes, his eyes have no color! And he wears a long trench coat made from black leather....

Ok back to nessie, I know i am just hyper and wanting to jump at people today...

i'd think the creature would have to be thin and slender in order to be able to move through these reported channels linking the loch with the ocean.....

i reckon the monster isn't as big as people make out

If indeed a colony of these creatures survives, I would agree with you on this. Creatures so large and bulky could not survive on a low fish population, thya would have to evolve smaller and more streamlined to make up for it, more energy-efficient. I'd say 25-30 feet max to sustain a population, though that's just my estimate.