Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If Spirits exist, Where are the dinosaurs?

ParaGirlsHauntedDiary

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

There must be hundreds of spirits at my local booze store. That place has to be haunted.

Well, I can walk on water!

But I stagger on the liquor ...........

Just now, psyche101 said:

Well, I can walk on water!

But I stagger on the liquor ...........

Phsh, walking on water? That's so old school. I can turn water into moonshine.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Still it is a curious question. If spirits do exist why can't someone summon a t-rex from the astral plane? I mean, screw having a demon as a familiar I want a t-rex.

Wrong God I think, we have to ask Native Americans where they all went. The meteor did hit America-ish after all...........

And with half the creationist christians saying they are a trick of Satan, and half saying they are behemoths in the Bible, then surely, half are in heaven, and half in hell? 

My spirit animal is a Pterodactyl with steel mechanical talons. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I am coming over to your place then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

Wrong God I think, we have to ask Native Americans where they all went.

I've got native american ancestors. I'll ask them during my next shamanism session. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

"What if energy has some sort of life span too?"

An interesting question, certainly... however energy as we know it can neither be destroyed nor created. There is no life span involved in energy whatever.

It is transferable though, heat is generally how it comes out. Entropy :tu: 

We use that heat. Tiny little ion pumps in your nervous system make that energy as long as we power them, when we stop powering them, we stop making energy, what is left dissipates as heat, our bodies drop to the heat they are stored in - room temperature. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I've got native american ancestors. I'll ask them during my next shamanism session. 

Will there be moonshine? I might have to attend..... :tu: 

• Like 1

Come on psyche. I had coffee with the Devil the other day, I'm going to ask him for a pet t-rex ghost when we go out into the wood for a bit of shamanism. Well it's really an excuse to get really drunk and wasted, maybe hallucinate. But hey why not. :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Moonshine and a 'peace pipe';)

We better get Sheri , BTE and Stubbs over on this one. Sheri's Buddhism, Stubbs Personal System, My Atheism, BTE's everythingism and your Apetheism. Plus moonshine and a peace pipe - Crikey Moses :D

We should make a show of it, I bet it would get good ratings. 

• Like 3

Stubbs

I miss Stubbs.:(

I'm going for an eccentric branch of apatheism. Where I believe in everything and nothing at the same time. Whatever suits my mood. Why not life's to short to remain sane.:lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

I usually just turn water into pee....where's my cult following?

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 1

Come on psyche. I had coffee with the Devil the other day, I'm going to ask him for a pet t-rex ghost when we go out into the wood for a bit of shamanism. Well it's really an excuse to get really drunk and wasted, maybe hallucinate. But hey why not. :lol:

And Jam...... he does a bit of that in fact, always playing off for souls, Crossroads, Futurama.....

Islam says the Devil favours music! Only vocal music is permissible (halal) and that instruments are forbidden (haram) I suppose because like the call to prayer, that Golden sound of some bloke yelling his lungs out at 4am is so divine that it has to be a gift from God .............

Ahh religion, you so crazy!!!!!

Robot_Devil_Fiddle.png

3169_full.jpg

TENACIOUS_D_PICK_OF_DESTINY-74.jpg

BUT .......

If you want to "uber cool" you will have to ditch religion and follow Dr Who. Playing an electric Guitar while riding a tank is as cool as anyone has got to date I believe.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

I miss Stubbs.:(

I'm going for an eccentric branch of apatheism. Where I believe in everything and nothing at the same time. Whatever suits my mood. Why not life's to short to remain sane.:lol:

I like that, you know, funny thing is I bet it would take of. You just might be our next L Ron Hubbard, just do not forget us little people when you are a superstar!

Damn I miss Stubbs too, what happened to her? Hardly see our beloved Sherapy these days too, but she has a bit on her plate ATM. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

I usually just turn water into pee....where's my cult following?

Well of course you do - nothing special there

You are made in the image of God!!!! ;) Miracles are dime a dozen to us God's! 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

I like that, you know, funny thing is I bet it would take of. You just might be our next L Ron Hubbard, just do not forget us little people when you are a superstar!

I don't know if I will remember all of you. I think having a legion of celebrities jumping off couches would make me die from laughter. ;)

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Damn I miss Stubbs too, what happened to her? Hardly see our beloved Sherapy these days too, but she has a bit on her plate ATM. 

Haven't seen a post by greenman in a while either. Where for art thou?

• Like 1

Psyche I don't know if you feel the same as I do, but there are those who hold a faith and are a pleasure to chat with on here. Stubbs, Greenman, and Mark are three I can think of right off the bat. Especially Sheri. I guess there are those of a certain mentality where it's antagonistic by nature. 

• Like 1

I don't know if I will remember all of you. I think having a legion of celebrities jumping off couches would make me die from laughter. ;)

II get the feeling a few poster would like to forget I existed........

Especially ones who like to preach.

But man, you wont forget me, you will all be like, where is that loud annoying aussie? 

Well-wishers at my wake saying he’ll be well missed,
But wait till they’re well p***ed, they’ll wish me to hell with,
Everybody that I wanted to party with anyway,
Don’t care if it’s a hundred and ninety degrees centigrade

Lyrics Hilltop Hoods.

Haven't seen a post by greenman in a while either. Where for art thou?

Good Call! Hast thou forsaken us? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Psyche I don't know if you feel the same as I do, but there are those who hold a faith and are a pleasure to chat with on here. Stubbs, Greenman, and Mark are three I can think of right off the bat.

I would agree with you entirely. Sure it's religion, not the just the people, I could add DieChecker to that list, a Champion guy, and our long lost P.A. too. - Met him for coffee one day, was good :D Top bloke. I rather like many people who are religious, my dear departed Dad was quite devout, and I could easily respect his faith. Other individual faiths though, can be very hard to respect. It just cannot be black and white. But religion is that common denominator. Some people are good with it, most are not. Hammer is another, I do not agree with his more traditionalist views, but I do respect him and his views very much, and acknowledge his strengths. And I genuinely like the poster I have come to now here on these forums as a person. Faith is just something he and I have differing views on for our own reasons. I am good with that. 

In most cases anyway, sometimes it's the people "as well" like creationists or certain posters with nicknames describing a place of being, again, that great quote from Ricky Gervais....... but it is how "religion" is approached in general. It often inspires good people to act badly. Modern views come close to being honest about religion, but are not quite hitting the mark. 

Problem for me is I feel religion is superseded. We have better answers. It strikes me that it is the "right thing to do" by the species to follow the evidence, retire religion, and respect it's place in our development as a historical aspect. In that light, I think everyone might be able to respect religion. But it does not seem to know when to stand down. 

tCvxlWZsnX7R92iwun9JC0h4yhhhN5fnmnK3dZUc

Especially Sheri. I guess there are those of a certain mentality where it's antagonistic by nature. 

Indeed, she is an atheist though, who recently adopted Buddhism, which I have to say, I am really liking the sound of. I can see why people consider, and are drawn to Buddhism. It seems to offer the best of both worlds.

2b632213c9933533ada313b9c83461f8.jpg

PmzcNiUnZaaEeihnTekP2dXWcp-GT5gnenwYYmzb

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Indeed, she is an atheist though, who recently adopted Buddhism, which I have to say, I am really liking the sound of. I can see why people consider, and are drawn to Buddhism. It seems to offer the best of both worlds.

I'm still drawn to occultism. Considering now that I've interacted with a lot of people smarter than myself I understand it more on a psychology level. There is power in words, in actions, and in beliefs. And if those beliefs are used to make you a better person, is that wrong? I think not. There is a fine line between faith and fanaticism. Reason, logic, and understanding should be a part of one's beliefs. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

2b632213c9933533ada313b9c83461f8.jpg

But do you even know what Mahayana buddhism is? It really is the antithesis of materialism. Buddhist scriptures are incredibly metaphysical. How would you reconcile the doctrine of rebirth, professed by the Dalai Lama and the Mahayana school, with your nihilistic view of an afterlife?

Edited by TruthSeeker_

15 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'm still drawn to occultism. Considering now that I've interacted with a lot of people smarter than myself I understand it more on a psychology level. There is power in words, in actions, and in beliefs. And if those beliefs are used to make you a better person, is that wrong? I think not. There is a fine line between faith and fanaticism. Reason, logic, and understanding should be a part of one's beliefs. 

Exactly, that is particularly what I really like about Buddhism :tu: 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

But do you even know what Mahayana buddhism is? It really is the antithesis of materialism. Buddhist scriptures are incredibly metaphysical. How would you reconcile the doctrine of rebirth, professed by the Dalai Lama and the Mahayana school, with your nihilistic view of an afterlife?

You leave it open ended and focus on the now. You spend to much time worrying about the and of your life, you'll met it before you know it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You leave it open ended and focus on the now. You spend to much time worrying about the and of your life, you'll met it before you know it.

I have never read about Psyche101 leaving any such non-materialistic concept open-ended though.

Edited by TruthSeeker_