Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

hunting

Demonhunter777

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I think someone's been watching a bit too much Supernatural.

Not possible. :) But someone's taking it way too seriously.

I honestly thought this would be a thread about hunting...as in game hunting.  Which I am kinda against, unless it's necessary for survival.  Oh, and I guess if one is incapable or unwilling to get their food from the supermarket.

Let's make this thread about that instead!

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Demonhunter777 said:

Iron, chousher salt ext. You know if you're one

:huh: < That's the only response this thread deserves.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Demonhunter777 said:

Wait wait wait a minute! Would this be an iron frying pan by any chance? I know what Kosher Salt is. Not sure about chousher salt.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Wait wait wait a minute! Would this be an iron frying pan by any chance? I know what Kosher Salt is. Not sure about chousher salt.

No, not a frying pan but an armor suit made of pure Iron, as it's apparently a good defence against Demons.  And Chousher salt is basically Kosher salt. Demon hunters are not allowed to say Kosher, because in fear of losing it's effectiveness against Demons.

And "ext", was a typo, as he meant "exit" quickly after throwing Chaucher salt on a Demon. :D

Edited by Hudds
  • Like 1

On 15/09/2016 at 10:20 PM, Demonhunter777 said:

jiFfM.jpg

• Like 4

I think you mean Kosher salt.

On 9/16/2016 at 10:11 AM, Hudds said:

No, not a frying pan but an armor suit made of pure Iron, as it's apparently a good defence against Demons.  And Chousher salt is basically Kosher salt. Demon hunters are not allowed to say Kosher, because in fear of losing it's effectiveness against Demons.

And "ext", was a typo, as he meant "exit" quickly after throwing Chaucher salt on a Demon. :D

That doesn't make any sense. Why would calling it Kosher make it less effective? Of course, now that they believe it will...

*facepalm*

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

That doesn't make any sense. Why would calling it Kosher make it less effective? Of course, now that they believe it will...

*facepalm*

It makes as much sense as thinking salt of any kind has any effect on alleged and made-up entities.

Unless they're ghost slugs.  Ghost slugs don't like salt.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 4

Just now, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

It makes as much sense as thinking salt of any kind has any effect on alleged and made-up entities.

There is lore about iron and salt. I get that. And if you have believed yourself into a problem, you can believe yourself out of it. It just isn't helpful to have a belief that your remedy can be rendered powerless. I would suggest that they really, really believe the salt can help them. Or just quit believing that there are demons who can hurt them. Of course, that's easy to say.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

There is lore about iron and salt. I get that.

Not denying that.  There's lore about a great many things that are just silly and untrue, after all.

5 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

And if you have believed yourself into a problem, you can believe yourself out of it. It just isn't helpful to have a belief that your remedy can be rendered powerless. I would suggest that they really, really believe the salt can help them. Or just quit believing that there are demons who can hurt them. Of course, that's easy to say.

True.  But education and good old fashioned critical thinking are very strong preventative measures to keep you from getting yourself into trouble in the first place.  Keep the salf for the food.

• Like 1

I think there's been a misunderstanding, as I was obviously just kidding/ joking with everything I said in post #9. :rolleyes:

Edited by Hudds

1 minute ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

Not denying that.  There's lore about a great many things that are just silly and untrue, after all.

True.  But education and good old fashioned critical thinking are very strong preventative measures to keep you from getting yourself into trouble in the first place.  Keep the salf for the food.

You're assuming that everyone is capable of critical thinking. Have you met the internet? Lol. 

There are people who can be convinced that their own psyche is responsible for the phenomena they are encountering. There are others who are going to need the salt, so they'd better friggin' believe in it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hudds said:

I think there's been a misunderstanding, as I was obviously just kidding/ joking with everything I said in post #9. :rolleyes:

LOL. So it's just a misspelling? I thought it was like you can't type God...you have to type G-d sort of thing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChaosRose said:

You're assuming that everyone is capable of critical thinking. Have you met the internet? Lol. 

I hold out hope that everyone is capable of it.  And that the crazies will come around and learn some common sense one of these days.

1 minute ago, ChaosRose said:

There are people who can be convinced that their own psyche is responsible for the phenomena they are encountering. There are others who are going to need the salt, so they'd better friggin' believe in it. 

Oh I know.  It's sad.  But that doesn't change what I said.  Preventative measures prevent this stuff from happening in the first place.  No one is born stupid, after all.  It's a "skill" picked up as they grow up.

• Like 1

Just now, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

I hold out hope that everyone is capable of it.  And that the crazies will come around and learn some common sense one of these days.

Oh I know.  It's sad.  But that doesn't change what I said.  Preventative measures prevent this stuff from happening in the first place.  No one is born stupid, after all.  It's a "skill" picked up as they grow up.

It has to do with indoctrination. On the conscious level, folks might say oh I never believed in that. Or at least I don't now. It's what happens at a subconscious level that can **** with a person.

Another one-post wonder. You clean an iron skillet with Kosher salt. "You know if you're one?!?!?" Sounds like OP's trolling for Jews. How strange.

Edited by Hammerclaw

Kosher salt isn't ever mentioned in Supernatural- it's always rock salt they specifically mention, for shotgun shells. Otherwise they use whatever salt they can get their hands on.

• Like 3

On 9/15/2016 at 5:20 PM, Demonhunter777 said:

I'm with ya brother, to the last one banished. Rallying for support?  What are you doing here?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Another one-post wonder. You clean an iron skillet with Kosher salt. "You know if you're one?!?!?" Sounds like OP's trolling for Jews. How strange.

Considering the OP hasn't returned since first post, there is quite a possibility of him or her just Trolling.

Edited by Hudds
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Hudds said:

Considering the OP hasn't returned since first post, there is quite a possibility of him or her just Trolling.

Hope you didn't muddy the waters!! Trying to fish here!! Lol