Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US would lose War with Russia

seeder

2 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

And, like I said, we are the only nation that can shoot missiles out of the air with a near 100% accuracy.  And no, subs don't launch bombs.  Bombs drop, missiles fly.  If you are going to try to engage in this type of conversation, hide your ignorance. 

I doubt the ability to counter ICBM's would be anywhere near 100%. Even if it was 90%, that would not be enough to avoid total destruction.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, seeder said:

How many of these does the US have? OK even Russia hasnt got one yet....but this shows they are NOT a backward country with ageing technology doesnt it?

Heh, they still have only few PAK-FA prototypes, and they are are bragging about PAK-DA? Thats a big queef.

Just now, Habitat said:

I doubt the ability to counter ICBM's would be anywhere near 100%. Even if it was 90%, that would not be enough to avoid total destruction.

An ICBM is a larger missile than what we are capable of shooting down, so how exactly would the success rate go down?  An ICBM is nothing but a missile with a nuclear warhead, and a longer range.  The fact that it is an ICBM doesn't affect the ordinance going after it.  That ordinance is not going to be "scared" because it has a nuclear warhead.

• Like 2

And no, subs don't launch bombs. .  If you are going to try to engage in this type of conversation, hide your ignorance. 

subs dont launch bombs? Now who shows their total ignorance :lol:

The Trident missile is a submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM) equipped with multiple independently targetable reentry vehicles (MIRV). Originally developed by Lockheed Missiles and Space Corporation, the missile is armed with thermonuclear warheads and is launched from nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarines (SSBNs)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trident_(missile)

Submarine Cruise Missile Launch

Just now, seeder said:

A MISSILE is not a BOMB.  Post all of the videos you want..but notice how none of them have BOMB in the title.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seeder said:

Ermmm... What is a difference between bomb and missile?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

And, like I said, we are the only nation that can shoot missiles out of the air with a near 100% accuracy.  .  If you are going to try to engage in this type of conversation, hide your ignorance. 

:lol:

youre not very well informed are you? No doubt we'd get along a lot better if you stopped showing YOUR TOTAL ignorance  :td:

The S-400 Triumf, a top-tier anti-aircraft weapon system produced in Russia, has no parallels across the globe in terms of combat capabilities, defense expert Konstantin Sivkov told Radio Sputnik.

Take the US-built Terminal High Altitude Area Defense, for instance. "The THAAD has shorter range and is incapable of hitting targets beyond the horizon. In addition, it is purely an anti-ballistic missile system designed to shoot down ballistic missiles," he added.

Read more: https://sputniknews.com/military/20151111/1029903504/russia-s400-missile-defense-weaponry.html

6 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

An ICBM is a larger missile than what we are capable of shooting down, so how exactly would the success rate go down?  An ICBM is nothing but a missile with a nuclear warhead, and a longer range.  The fact that it is an ICBM doesn't affect the ordinance going after it.  That ordinance is not going to be "scared" because it has a nuclear warhead.

I simply do not believe there is any effective system in place, other than localised anti-missile batteries against the likes of Scud missiles, which do not deploy countermeasures or manouevre.

1 minute ago, seeder said:

youre not very well informed are you? No doubt we'd get along a lot better if you stopped showing YOUR TOTAL ignorance  :td:

Ok, I will break it down for you.  Bombs drop.  They do not fly.  Missiles fly.  So no, subs DO NOT launch bombs, they fire missiles.  ICBM's ARE NOT bombs, they are missiles.  Only aircraft release bombs..because they drop.  You're welcome.

4 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

A MISSILE is not a BOMB.  Post all of the videos you want..but notice how none of them have BOMB in the title.

so tell me then brainbox.....a bomb is in a metal tube dropped from a plane in your mind. OK Id agree to a point

But a missile is a bomb thats self propelled and and GUIDED.....and  can be fired from land and sea. But forget all that..... One thing they both do, is GO BANG....kill lots of people, sink ships, wipe out towns etc

• Like 1

Stop The Drop Missile !

To add to this topic..consider this. Let's assume that the US bulks up it's little remaining forces overseas, as it is part of the UN and has obligations to other countries. Who is left at home to defend the country? Of course if it involves Nukes..doesn't matter who is around. A nuke is incapable of discerning enemies from people..everyone dies. 

The threats are real..but the reasons behind the threats are based on egos and money.  Nobody wants war except for those whom would profit from it. Ask any soldier alive, in any country, if they really want war and WANT to die. They train to fight, brainwashed to submit to the false idea that one particular man, idea, or system is greater than another. And some ideas ARE better..but the man who does not know alternative methods only fights for what he/she has experienced or been taught in their lifetime.

Before you go off on me-I was a soldier. And proudly so..but a lot has changed since then and now in this country!!  Soldiers do the bidding of their 'masters' so to speak..follow the bidding of those deemed able to make intelligent decisions. Those leaders that they are accountable to are also following the chain of command  and must follow orders that stem those above them in rank- with the Commander in Chief being the top Brass and decision maker. 

The Commander in Chief can fire anyone whom he chooses,  Generals etc., that disagree with his personal position, or party views..etc etc.. See how many were fired under the Obama administration...The ones that  perhaps didn't agree....

Unless you can change the mindset of every person on earth..and convince them that love is better than war..well..we are gonna keep having wars and people are going to keep dying from them..soldiers die for many reasons..some die because of an ideology, some die for the love of their brothers, but ALL soldiers are required to do ONE thing..and that is to fight to protect what the LEADERS of nations tell them to fight against and to follow orders no matter what the outcome. Even if those orders are BS.

To war against Russia would be a mistake. For those in power- egos, money, and power, is at stake..for the rest us..our lives are at stake. War is useless.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, seeder said:

so tell me then brainbox.....a bomb is in a metal tube dropped from a plane in your mind. OK Id agree to a point

But a missile is a bomb thats self propelled and and GUIDED.....and  can be fired from land and sea. But forget all that..... One thing they both do, is GO BANG....kill lots of people, sink ships, wipe out towns etc

Buddy, I spent 8 years in the US Field Artillery.  Do not try to educate me on ordinance.  Not all things that go boom are bombs.

5 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I simply do not believe there is any effective system in place, other than localised anti-missile batteries against the likes of Scud missiles, which do not deploy countermeasures or manouevre.

We have countermeasures in place in Alaska and California, whose sole purpose is to shoot down missiles from west of there.  There are plans to greatly expand on that.  So, there are absolutely effective systems in place. 

Sputnik radio SmileyROFLMFAO.gif

S400 might be (stress on might be) better than western analogues, but seeing their "state of the art" black box being dissected live on TV, I have my doubts about "better, superior, etc".

• Like 1

Buddy, I spent 8 years in the US Field Artillery.  Do not try to educate me on ordinance.  Not all things that go boom are bombs.

Your "revelations" about the effectiveness of US anti-missile defences are at odds with advertised facts.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

Your "revelations" about the effectiveness of US anti-missile defences are at odds with advertised facts.

Those are not revelations, those are facts.  

Those are not revelations, those are facts.  

Those "facts" would demolish the existing strategic situation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Agent0range said:

We have countermeasures in place in Alaska and

AS does Russia no doubt. Oh and Russia also has China as good allies...and the US is already warning China.....so we could say, US and China are not exactly friends.so there will' be no sneaking up from the south will there?

AS does Russia no doubt. Oh and Russia also has China as good allies...and the US is already warning China.....so we could say, US and China are not exactly friends.so there will' be no sneaking up from the south will there?

Aaaand 1 aircraft carrier in service.  Good luck, Russia.  

America is certainly well armed, and with a $20 Trillion debt to prove it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Buddy, I spent 8 years in the US Field Artillery.  Do not try to educate me on ordinance.

In the British Army...Artillery guys are not the smart ones...I guess its the same over there....and you did 8 years?

Bummer you never managed to climb higher eh?

Edited by seeder

Just now, seeder said:

In the British Army...Artillery guys are not the smart ones...I guess its the same over there....and you did 8 years?

Bummer

They know the difference between bombs and missiles.  And you know what, your supporting article is talking about a war in Europe.  F Europe.  We don't need to save the UK again.  Better hit the books and start learning Russian.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, supervike said:

Can we discuss who would win between Batman and Superman now?

I go with Batman, he cheats.

Yep, the Russian Vs America arguments usually lose their lustre at age 10 or so.

• Like 3