Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Photographs - what a load...

Loonboy

>:(

Is it just me or are a lot of other members tired of clicking onto suposed ghost photographs only to find 'smoke', 'orbs' and 'faces'. I have checked out hundreds of so called ghosties and it's clear that most of them are not spiritual entities.

How can anyone say that a vague orblike image is a ghost? Since most of these photos are taken at night with additional electronic lighting, is it too great a leap to think that maybe there is a lens reflection going on?

As for the faces, most of the time the sender of the image states something like 'you can see the face of an old lady in victorian garb', but when I look I see nothing of the sort. The human brain is predisposed to looking for the human face in all patterns it sees and in any innocuous blurry image someone is bound to see 'something'.

And that smoke thing - why is it usually very close to the camera and out of focus? Sounds dodgy to me.

:o

The few good photographs that defy explanation in my opinion are: the 'mother-in-law on the back seat of the car', 'the Raynam Hall staircase', and 'the dead soldier peeking over the shoulder'. You can find these on most ghost sites.

Come on, you ghost-hunters, there are ghosts out there and possibly they can be photographed, but leave out the pap.

8)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Loonboy

• Great Big Sea

• open-minded-skull

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with you there, almost 99% of the ghost photographs I have looked at are really nothing but photographic defects and the like. A lot of them include unconvincing "ghostly mist" and "ectoplasm residue" that really looks just like defects in the photograph than evidence of a ghostly prescence.

The best and most convincing ghost photographs are those that show an undismissable extra in the picture, such as in the cases you described. Even then, it's more than possible for the "ghost" to be nothing more than the result of a double exposure or photograph development defect. I have heard it said that many of the really good photographs are the result of part of another photograph becoming accidentally superimposed on top of it during development, making a person appear where they shouldn't be.

Still, there are many genuine ghost photographs out there, it's just a shame that they are swamped by the thousands of those that are not.

• 2 years later...

Thank you Loonboy for pointing it out! If I see one more faked ghost picture I will huck my computer out the window! Er- okay something less dramatic, but you know what I mean.

Happy Holiday's! wink2.gif

you all know most ghost pics are fake disgust.gif just some people looking for a little attention and fame. whistling2.gif What do you all make of the recent pic from Hampton Court palace in London?...This is my first post thumbsup.gif .

post-10-1072127903.jpg

I dont think its a ghost. Moe didnt think ghosts required the use of doors...

could be wrong... blink.gif