Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biggest Movie Mistake ever

IrishGent

ok i went to the movies last friday w/ my friends and since we had already seen dreamcatcher we made thi biggest mistake ever.....we bought a ticket to WILLARD

this movie was s0o0o0o dumb.....i couldnt believe i was sitting there watching it...R Lee Hermey(huh this how u spell it?)was the only good part about this movie..why he signed up for it i dont know...oh yea and when your the only ones in the movie its really fun...... laugh.giflaugh.gif it also means the movie blows......and it turned out to be true

has anyone else wasted 7 bucks on this mistake of a movie im just curious or am i the only moron laugh.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.gifbiggrin.gif

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• racerette

• Space Moose

• Magikman

• Kismit

Thanks for the heads up, MP.

I stay away from the theaters. I waste my cash on videos, get more movies for less. And geez I got some edit room floor grubbers. Try some of these (NOT!):

Terror Toons

The Creeping Flesh

Doll Man

Demonic Toyz

Doll Man vs Demonic Toyz

Battle at the End of the Galaxy

Buckaroo Banzai - Across the Eighth Dimension (funky music, though)

Blood Sucking Vampires

all the C.H.U.D. movies (like they might get better wacko.gif )

All this from a guy who thinks Ace Ventura deserves a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame... laugh.gif

All this from a guy who thinks Ace Ventura deserves a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame...

schadeaux.....man you sound just like me hahahhahah

thats c0ol though laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifbiggrin.gif

Worst movie mistake ever? Giving Titanic an Academy Award.

Also high ranking would be the sequels to The Blues Brothers and Slap Shot, and the live action Tarzan movie of a few years ago.

I LOVE CADDYSHACK! A LOT

but making a second one was the biggest mistake in the movie biz.

Space Moose has the other one, blues brothers 2, wow was that crap!

CASTOR

The C.H.U.D. movies and a lot of the B Genre movies are being made for those who like those types of movies. You might not think spending money on it is a good idea but those who like them will pick them up in a flash.

I would have to say the biggest movie mistake was Dude Where's My Car.

Aw, BC how could you say that about DWMC?

I thought that was so funny, especially the scene

with the tattoos! SWEET!

(but then I'm easily amused) laugh.gif

No offense ment to the CHUDsters, BC. I've rented all of them, some two or three times, and Bud the CHUD is still one of my favorite characters (even had his own song!).

I watched "Blair With II " the book of shadows last night .

My advice is don't bother dry.gif

Blair with two what? tongue.gif only kidding kismit biggrin.gif I've seen it too and agree, it's not worth watching. dry.gif

Thanks guys,,,,I was planning on renting that one too at some point but have always been iffy on it! Now I don't think I will!! tongue.gif

After all that talk about the Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2, I thought I would review it listening to the Director's Commentary on the DVD (I got both movies and all three games for 4 dollars less than what the first movie was going for at the time - really I got the first movie for a deal and some nice coasters)

Joe Berlinger (the director) basically comes out and says that he wrote the script to be completly different and it was intended to have a lot of irony and satire and should have made us aware of the hype that we were exposed to with the first one. Well Mr. Berlinger, you failed.

What we are left with is 90 minutes of studio scholck. Berlinger does recgonize that some of what is in there is over the top, but since he had such lofty goals for the movie in the first place and no good plan to implement them, it doesn't really matter.

He likes to talk a lot about his previous projects and how he wanted to make this as close to those as possible. As 999 out of a thousand people wouldn't even know a Berlinger film if you show it to them, this was a terrible idea. But they are really good, just ask him.

Best things to come out of this film? First, there is the orgy scene (Erica is a real cutie) second is "The Secret of Esrever" that you can find on the DVD (possibly on the VHS) and third (for all of us Canadians out there) you can spot Moosehead beer throughout most of the movie. That was never mentioned in the commentary, but was easily the biggest factor in getting me to sit through the entire movie again.

All in all, rent it if you have the 99 cents to spare. But only to say that you have watched it.

Thanks for the warning MP,

cause here, it'd be a waste of 15 bucks.... biggrin.gif

ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif

Good Lord. Movies cost $15 in Canada?

tongue.gif

* - I knew cigarettes were expensive, are movies unhealthy too? blink.gif

i like the way that the adverts for the DVD say that it is a film filled with suspence and exitement.

suspence - -yes

exitement - -where?

Yes, a movie is 15 dollars here. Needless to say I don't go out to see many because I'd be broke. If I want popcorn and drink it's another $10. Expensive! Renting is cheaper at $7!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

Can't say as I blame ya, darling, I don't think I'd ever pay $15 to see a movie, either. tongue.gif Your snack prices are similar to ours, though. ohmy.gif Rentals here run just under $4.00, that includes the DVD versions, which are so much better than the tapes. smile.gif

I know Magik...I only go and see a movie if I hear that it's a super spectacular ,amazing, nothing ever like it seen before you have to go!! kinda movie....or if my date is paying biggrin.gif

but seriously..just under 4 dollars to rent?? i don't know what I could buy here for $4.00 Maybe a pop? A couple of chocolate bars?? WOW, I'm moving. biggrin.gif

i really liked signs.... but im not overly concerned with every aspect of a story. i just watch movies to be entertained smile.gif

Just a quick note for Magikman and racerette, you are talking in different currencies. Once you apply the exchange rate, the prices are similar.

However, if you are lucky enough to live in a test market like me, you can see any new movie for $8.00 Canadian or about $5.00 USD. The catch is that there are no reduced prices for students, children or seniors.

we pay about £5 to see a film and then its another £5 for the food each. although it can vary.

yes it's a fact here in the uk,if you want to go to the cinema to watch a movie,

you have to see your bank manager for a loan laugh.gif

LOL @ Big steff

I'd agree with you about Signs, there is basically no storyline and what a stupid ending,

Castaway starring Tom Hanks is really boring with no plot aswell.