Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Presidential Debate - LIVE

Daughter of the Nine Moons

A lot of denials and crazy numbers. I think a lot of undecideds could be swayed if one of the two was shown to be talking completely out of their buttocks.  

Edited by Varelse

I could see the wheels turning behind Trump's eyes whether he should mention what was on his mind or not.:lol:

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I could see the wheels turning behind Trump's eyes whether he should mention what was on his mind or not.:lol:

Well he implied it. "I was going to say something very nasty about her and her family but I decided not to" Everyone knows what he's talking about.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, F3SS said:

Well he implied it. "I was going to say something very nasty about her and her family but I decided not to" Everyone knows what he's talking about.

I would love nothing better than to see that smug look wiped off Hillary's face. Have I mentioned I detest the woman?

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I would love nothing better than to see that smug look wiped off Hillary's face. Have I mentioned I detest the woman?

:tsu:

I will resist saying what I'm thinking about her appearance. :lol:

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I was watching their faces while the other was speaking.  Trump seemed to be listening very closely and looked like he was thinking while Clinton talked.  She was either looking around or grinning dismissively while he was speaking.  My impression from these observations was that Trump respected his adversary.  He even agreed with her on a point about gun control.  But Clinton looked like a girl, smirking and feigning boredom when hearing things she doesn't like or agree with.  These debates give us an insight into a person's style.  In many of the countries that the President will have to deal with personally, respect is of paramount importance.  Even more than coming to an agreement is the sense that they have not been looked down upon or disrespected in any way.  That is the groundwork that makes future deals possible.  So judging from what I saw tonight I would prefer to have Trump representing the US on the world stage.  Hillary could cause a war with a smirk, without saying a word.

• Like 6

She has the same disease Obama has...they mistakenly think they're the smartest people in the room...sets other peoples teeth on edge.

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Both seemed to be effective to me. No gaffes that I could see.

The largest I see was when Clinton was discussing Trump's comment regarding profiting over the 2008 housing crash, he said fairly quietly, "...Good business."

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

Hillary could cause a war with a smirk, without saying a word.

She will no doubt cause many deaths if elected. One only has to look at her past actions. The same people who claimed Bush was a warmonger will justify Hillary. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Real nice. You hate women.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

I was watching their faces while the other was speaking.  Trump seemed to be listening very closely and looked like he was thinking while Clinton talked.

That's the first good sign I've seen about him, then maybe.

1 minute ago, F3SS said:

Real nice. You hate women.

Being a pipefitter in a man's world I hate strong women of course.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Oh! A bit of sarcasm dripped on me! ;)

• Like 2

Trump missed so many opportunities. He was rough and unprepared. Didn't help that he had a cold, too. He didn't do bad, but I was slightly disappointed. The man needs to do more to prepare and polish himself for next time. Despite all that, I think he still edged her out a bit. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Not Your Huckleberry said:

Trump missed so many opportunities. He was rough and unprepared. Didn't help that he had a cold, too. He didn't do bad, but I was slightly disappointed. The man needs to do more to prepare and polish himself for next time. Despite all that, I think he still edged her out a bit. 

Should we start a new thread about his health concerns?

No one's mentioned that Hillary didn't cough once.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:
8 minutes ago, Michelle said:

TOO FUNNY ! made my day ah night, NIGHT! ALL! Its been a hoot!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

Please!!! Let me wipe it off for you!

It really throws people off when I can shower them with sparks and be concerned if it was unintentional.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Not Your Huckleberry said:

I agree with everything you said, except the last sentence. For the first half of the debate he stepped on Hillary and the moderator and said "I", "My" and "Me" so many times, I lost count.

Towards the end, he gathered himself.

So, in my opinion it took him three quarters of an hour to remember that this just wasn't another rally. He might be quickly becoming a 'politician'.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Should we start a new thread about his health concerns?

No one's mentioned that Hillary didn't cough once.

The crowd over at HuffPost have already decided he must be on Hitler's cocktail of methadone and amphetamine or withdrawing from coke. It would be funny if they weren't serious.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Please!!! Let me wipe it off for you!

It really throws people off when I can shower them with sparks and be concerned if it was unintentional.

Strangely one of my first jobs was a "spark watcher/welder's helper" in a sawmill.

Sparks, slag and sawdust, bad mix.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Varelse said:

The crowd over at HuffPost have already decided he must be on Hitler's cocktail of methadone and amphetamine or withdrawing from coke. It would be funny if they weren't serious.  

Commenters or writers? If so, that's lame. Just as lame.

Edited by Likely Guy

This reminded me of the first day of Gettysburg.  Neither side really taking advantage of the other.  Both went toe-to-toe but by the end, the challenger, Trump's Meade held firm against Hilary's Lee.  So that should give Trump the most of minimal of edges.

In reality, Hilary only had chutzpah.  Her greatest weakness is that she has nothing to stand on.  Trump has great ideas and a good vision but his greatest weakness is being too distracted.  He loses focus too much.  He has to realize that he doesn't have to lead the audience through all the fine points all the time.  Everyone already is aware of the issues.  He just needs to drive them home.  I also loved his looks.  I think he must have read my post in the other thread about taking a shot every time she tells a lie.  And it was easy to do with her droning.

Did anyone else notice how Holt would constantly interrupt Trump but rarely did it to Hilary?  I need to go back and locate the moment but Hilary exhibited that neurological head-bob.  It'd be interesting to find out what drugs she is on?  Also, after the debate, she *skated* across the stage.  That weave side-to-side which is indicative of neurological problems.  I think if the debate was longer and Trump gets more focused, that could lead to something interesting.  If Hilary continues to drop in the polls, this might be the impetuous to cause her Lee to make an inadvisable charge.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Did anyone else notice how Holt would constantly interrupt Trump but rarely did it to Hilary?

I listened to the audio only. Trump interrupted/talked over Hillary and the moderator, droned on, obfuscated and went off topic for the first half of e debate. He did, however, get better in the second half

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 2

Trump's hairdresser did a masterful job.