Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Presidential Debate - LIVE

Daughter of the Nine Moons

35 minutes ago, Habitat said:

There have been plenty of women in charge of major countries, the sky never fell in, mind you none of this implies I am a Hillary fan. You are not arguing a strong case to say the USA should fall into line with some tin-pot dictatorship that does not like women in power !

I could say the same for your argument...

Edited by FTWind

I've seen several instances here and in other on-line responses where people say that Hillary seemed more prepared and ready to be President.  She admitted she's been preparing for both.  But in the real world the President doesn't always have the luxury of preparing for 90 minutes of activity.  In contrast to her preparedness for this one structured event, I look at her 4 years of gross incompetence in her job as Secretary of State.  Trump had it right when he said she's got experience all right, all of it bad.  She's tried to blame underlings for not informing her of various policies and procedures, when in actuality it was her job, as head of the department, to establish those same policies and procedures.  We now know that she used 13 different devices when she tried to claim she was too dumb to use 2.  She can't have it both ways, which is what she's trying to do.  She claims competence and experience when she thinks that will suit her purpose and she claims ignorance and inexperience when she thinks that will keep her out of trouble.  Her performance in the debate was an act, the product of many rehearsals.  Her bungling as SoS was how she performs her job day to day.  If her term as President was only meant to be an hour and a half she might not be half bad, but since it is four years then her four years as SoS is a better predictor of how she will do.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Habitat said:

You don't need a penis to negotiate with other countries.

It really depends on the countries, wouldn't you agree?  I personally witnessed Arab and Pakistani physicians who would barely speak to US women MD's at a VA hospital - MD's who were their SUPERIORS there.  The cultural issue is quite real when it comes to places like S.A, Egypt, Libya.... you know, Islamic majority nations.  That really is almost a non issue compared with all the other baggage the Hildebeast would bring to the office.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Big Jim said:

I've seen several instances here and in other on-line responses where people say that Hillary seemed more prepared and ready to be President.  She admitted she's been preparing for both.  But in the real world the President doesn't always have the luxury of preparing for 90 minutes of activity.  In contrast to her preparedness for this one structured event, I look at her 4 years of gross incompetence in her job as Secretary of State.  Trump had it right when he said she's got experience all right, all of it bad.  She's tried to blame underlings for not informing her of various policies and procedures, when in actuality it was her job, as head of the department, to establish those same policies and procedures.  We now know that she used 13 different devices when she tried to claim she was too dumb to use 2.  She can't have it both ways, which is what she's trying to do.  She claims competence and experience when she thinks that will suit her purpose and she claims ignorance and inexperience when she thinks that will keep her out of trouble.  Her performance in the debate was an act, the product of many rehearsals.  Her bungling as SoS was how she performs her job day to day.  If her term as President was only meant to be an hour and a half she might not be half bad, but since it is four years then her four years as SoS is a better predictor of how she will do.

Something I found interesting from a slightly different perspective ... I heard it mentioned that Hillary has been targeted for all those years as SoS to derail the Dems plans clearly stated for her shoe in for this Presidency ... based on that alone it is somewhat a miracle that she came out bedraggled and torn hardly looking like smelling of roses ... I guess its a case of whether how well she survived that trial of fire as SoS among the Senate seats and Congress power players ...

~

• Like 1

Even Pakistan had an elected female president in 1990s, it can't be that bad. Ok, she was the daughter of a former president, but being the wife of a former president, Hillary has more chance for respect than a random women (like, say, Angela Merkel).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

It really depends on the countries, wouldn't you agree?  I personally witnessed Arab and Pakistani physicians who would barely speak to US women MD's at a VA hospital - MD's who were their SUPERIORS there.  The cultural issue is quite real when it comes to places like S.A, Egypt, Libya.... you know, Islamic majority nations.  That really is almost a non issue compared with all the other baggage the Hildebeast would bring to the office.

I am not that keen on Hillary as a person (not that it matters, I don't vote there), but her being a woman should not enter into anyone's calculations. And if any other country is going to behave differently because she is a female, well that is their problem.

• Like 3

Mitt Romney won the first debate against Obama and that ended well for him. 

I want to think that Trump is waiting until debate 3 to unload all the dirt on Hillary. She laid it all out in the table already. Used up most if not all her dirt on him. 

• Like 6

Appeared to me Trump laid out all the dirt he dared lay out, without seeming a bully.  Bringing up her husband's sex scandal would do him harm and make him seem even more the sexist.

I have the feeling Trump will regret his run for the Presidency, as now his business dealings are being investigated, especially his trust, and it doesn't look pretty.  Of course nothing will be done until after the election, but then I would expect some serious trouble for him.

I wonder about his claiming over and over again that she doesn't have the stamina to be President.  I took that as sexist -- he is older and looks much worse than she does.  I guess just asserting something over and over is all he can do, and as a propaganda tactic that does work sometimes with less intelligent folk.  It was like his assertion the he will make jobs.  Sure.  Say it over and over and over.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

Appeared to me Trump laid out all the dirt he dared lay out, without seeming a bully.  Bringing up her husband's sex scandal would do him harm and make him seem even more the sexist.

I have the feeling Trump will regret his run for the Presidency, as now his business dealings are being investigated, especially his trust, and it doesn't look pretty.  Of course nothing will be done until after the election, but then I would expect some serious trouble for him.

I wonder about his claiming over and over again that she doesn't have the stamina to be President.  I took that as sexist -- he is older and looks much worse than she does.  I guess just asserting something over and over is all he can do, and as a propaganda tactic that does work sometimes with less intelligent folk.  It was like his assertion the he will make jobs.  Sure.  Say it over and over and over.

If the election is fair, Trump is gonna win in a landslide.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Habitat said:

There have been plenty of women in charge of major countries, the sky never fell in, mind you none of this implies I am a Hillary fan. You are not arguing a strong case to say the USA should fall into line with some tin-pot dictatorship that does not like women in power !

Eh...Germany isn't doing too good. The sky may just fall in there..

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

If the election is fair, Trump is gonna win in a landslide.

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride."

Whatever that means. Main stream knows it. Thats why they only polled something like 26% of republicans asking who won the debate last night. While polling 41% dems. NTM he crushed her in most other on line polls.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Rinna said:

Eh...Germany isn't doing too good. The sky may just fall in there..

~

Yeah ever since Asterix and Obelix went over to rescue the bard ...

Clip_resize.jpg

~

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frank Merton said:

That isn't sexist, she's sick. That is why he doesn't think she has the stamina. Trump isn't sexist, that argument is ridiculous, his campaign manager is a female, the woman he is entrusting to get him to the Whitehouse! Someone who is inheriently sexist just doesn't trust a woman in that role. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Does he have a nasal problem? He sure sniffs a lot.

I think he might have inhaled too much Cheeto dust when he was rolling in them before the debate. :P

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Rinna said:

That isn't sexist, she's sick. That is why he doesn't think she has the stamina. Trump isn't sexist, that argument is ridiculous, his campaign manager is a female, the woman he is entrusting to get him to the Whitehouse! Someone who is inheriently sexist just doesn't trust a woman in that role. 

For real lol. If someone thinks women are inferior to men then that person wouldn't be using a women to run his campaign to get him to the white house. That is a pretty important job 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Frank Merton said:

His business dealing are NOW being investigated because he dared to run against the powers that be.

That is what should be concerning you about that

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Arbenol said:

I thought that one was a shoe in for Trump to wipe the floor with her. The fact that he didn't is not a good sign. 

He's marketed as the strong guy who won't let anyone walk over him like they have Obama. But he wimped out here.

Yeah I felt the same. That was a perfect opportunity for him to focus on the DNC leaks and all the implications of  that but instead he barely pushed the issue.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Yeah I felt the same. That was a perfect opportunity for him to focus on the DNC leaks and all the implications of  that but instead he barely pushed the issue.

I didn't watch the whole thing but I caught a moment where the Hildebeast was waxing indignant about breaking the law and how it shouldn't be done.  I SO wanted him to bring up the FBI dodge on her case even after explaining all the ways she broke the rules...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

As I said earlier in this thread, he may have been advised not to bring it up yet. Hillary used all her ammo straight up, he still has time. 

• Like 3

I don't think much changed with this debate. Mrs Clinton came across like the career politician she is. Trump was still Trump but he was quite well behaved.

However, I am beginning to see something and it's what Spartan max just touched upon; the powers that be are most assuredly behind Mrs Clinton. If you favor globalization, bigger government, a very progressive PC agenda, open borders, increasing immigration...more of what's gone down for the past 8 years...then Mrs Clinton is the candidate for you.

Those who do not support these ideas are not likely to be swayed by Mrs Clinton's debating skills, or Mr Trump's lack of debating skills. Perhaps the next 2 debates will be more compelling.

• Like 5

Two candidates each in their own way unprepared and incapable of making a good president. I was really hoping Trump would rise to the occasion and he didn't. He's had enough time to get up to speed on things and formulate smart, solid policies and he hasn't. I can't stand Hillary and really want to vote Trump, but if he doesn't get his act together I won't be voting for anyone.

And what's this nonsense about women presidents? Of course they'll be taken seriously. They've got the weight of an entire country behind them, the same way the men do.

2 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

re bolded - are you referring to the Basket of Deplorables..?

• Like 1

Was Hillary trying to sell her book or what during the debate.  I also noticed Trump looking down from time to time but it was obvious Hillary was reading a speech.

I don't know why he didn't hit her on giving the Russians our uranium when she brought up the subject.  He should have pointed that out and how Bill traveled to the old Soviet Union as a young man and was getting some pretty hefty speaking fees from them as well as donations to the Clinton Foundation while all of this was going on.

Most polls have Trump as the winner. 

Majority of snap polls show Trump won debate by a landslide despite CNN's overwhelming victory for Hillary in biggest official survey
POST DEBATE POLL SHOCKER=> Hillary Takes 4th Place in ABC News Poll Behind Jill Stein, Gary Johnson

• Like 3