Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Presidential Debate - LIVE

Daughter of the Nine Moons

50 minutes ago, Lilly said:

However, I am beginning to see something and it's what Spartan max just touched upon; the powers that be are most assuredly behind Mrs Clinton. If you favor globalization, bigger government, a very progressive PC agenda, open borders, increasing immigration...more of what's gone down for the past 8 years...then Mrs Clinton is the candidate for you.

Not trying to be disrespectful, but you are just now beginning to see this?  This was obvious even before the candidates were chosen.  As I mentioned earlier, this is why Trump is America's Brexit.  He is the revolt against globalization.  He is the rage against the machine.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

He is the revolt against globalization.  He is the rage against the machine.

Trump's rage is all over the place. It would serve him well to get his act together and better understand and articulate that which he rages about.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

His business dealing are NOW being investigated because he dared to run against the powers that be.

That is what should be concerning you about that

As long as he wasn't a threat then his playing the rules was ok.  After all, who established the rules?  The Progressives still don't understand that if you setup rules, successful people play them for every advantage and if you don't utilize the rules to the fullest, then you are weak.  Now Hilary comes after him for following the rules.  That was classless.  This is the problem with Progressives.  They don't understand unintended consequences.  The simpler you keep the rules, the better it is for everyone.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Clair said:

Trump's rage is all over the place. It would serve him well to get his act together and better understand and articulate that which he rages about.

His rage is very focused.  No doubt he is not the career politician and needs to work on articulating, he still manages to make clear what he rages about.  It is the same that all Americans rage about.

• Like 5

I watched a recording of the debate ---

considering the pressure of the occasion I thought they both handled themselves ok (see how fair I'm being )
at the end of the day they are both human  (hopefully) and had to keep their nerves in check, concentrate and
string a lot of meaningful sentences together - :) 

I thought Clinton went into deflection~attack mode and tried to introduce a new sound bite - about Trump - that I'm not
going to repeat and do her dirty work for her - and was trying to balance out the email thing with attacking Trump
with the tax thing - her target was appealing to the Middle Class -

Trump held it all together well and I think got the balance of saying what he wanted to and butting in when Clinton
made statements that he said were untrue - she put him on the defense a bit (which is a common tactic - but he had
to rebut what she said sometimes - ) 

With a little bit more practice and polish Trump would make a perfectly decent President IMO -
more straight forward and honest than most - - - - does anyone actually understand what the Obama/Clinton Foreign Policy is
or trust it..?

I support Trump because he is willing to be respectful towards Russia and is not playing dangerous warmongering and 
propaganda games that could take us all to the brink of a World War that could destroy Western civilization as we know it -
that's how serious it is IMO --- things can creep up and escalate - but Trump could de-escalate it -

Clinton seems to be playing an integral part in a secret globalization agenda that is operating outside the normal
business of government -- - ?? -- hence the private server and email removal -

I bet they are both glad they've got the first debate out of the way, anyway --- 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, RavenHawk said:

His rage is very focused.  No doubt he is not the career politician and needs to work on articulating, he still manages to make clear what he rages about.  It is the same that all Americans rage about.

By focus I mean to cut out all the extraneous nonsense that is of no consequence to anyone. He's far too easily rattled and distracted. He needs to really hone in on the key issues and develop a deep understanding of them. Not just a few, but ALL of them. He does really well in some areas, but falls flat in others. And whilst I agree with you in that he says what a lot of Americans are thinking, he really does need to concentrate on coming up with intelligent solutions across the board and to articulate them in such a way that hes clear, concise and consistent.

If he can do that, he will edge out Hillary in a big way. He will also stand in sharp contrast to her robotic, well rehearsed idiotic self.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Not trying to be disrespectful, but you are just now beginning to see this?  This was obvious even before the candidates were chosen.  As I mentioned earlier, this is why Trump is America's Brexit.  He is the revolt against globalization.  He is the rage against the machine.

I agree, many see this election as globalism vs nationalism.  Which it is. 

• Like 2

There are papers here headlining the debates, referring to Hillary as "Ms. President" on the covers. A little presumptuous? It's a great way to manipulate the opinion of people who did not see the debates. The bylines said that Hillary beat Trump at facts, scandals and even jokes.

It was at that point I set fire to the newspaper stand. A passerby thanked me for removing Hillary's face from a public street.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ashotep said:

I agree, many see this election as globalism vs nationalism.  Which it is. 

Ride or die, Ash.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vlawde said:

She beat the hell out of him.

No, she didn't.  LOL.

She had plans, details and was precise.

No, she didn't.

He couldn't even answer Lester's straightforward questions, he just rambled.

No, he didn't.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, FTWind said:

The world is not ready for america to have a women president. Especially amongst all the problems we have in the world.

As long as any person, of any sex or skin color, qualifies and is shown that they can lead, they are welcome to be POTUS.  Just not Shrillary.  Never Shrillary.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

As long as any person, of any sex or skin color, qualifies and is shown that they can lead, they are welcome to be POTUS.  Just not Shrillary.  Never Shrillary.

I totally agree, I would love to see a woman president but not Hillary.  I'm not going to vote for someone just because they are female when I think they will ruin this country.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

Appeared to me Trump laid out all the dirt he dared lay out, without seeming a bully.  Bringing up her husband's sex scandal would do him harm and make him seem even more the sexist.

It wouldn't harm it, it wouldn't show he's sexist.  It would only be laying out the facts.  Geez.

I have the feeling Trump will regret his run for the Presidency, as now his business dealings are being investigated, especially his trust, and it doesn't look pretty.  Of course nothing will be done until after the election, but then I would expect some serious trouble for him.

"his business dealings are being investigated"....and?  What's that doing to him?  What do you expect to find?

I wonder about his claiming over and over again that she doesn't have the stamina to be President.  I took that as sexist -- he is older and looks much worse than she does.  I guess just asserting something over and over is all he can do, and as a propaganda tactic that does work sometimes with less intelligent folk.  It was like his assertion the he will make jobs.  Sure.  Say it over and over and over.

She does not appear to have the stamina to be POTUS.  That's not sexist.  You should use some of that Harvard training and look up the definition of that word sometime--and by the way, "less intelligent folk" don't seem to be tricked at all by Shrillary's tripe....but you are for some strange reason.

9 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Ride or die, Ash.

Ha ha, I hope I ride and don't die.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

There are papers here headlining the debates, referring to Hillary as "Ms. President" on the covers. A little presumptuous? It's a great way to manipulate the opinion of people who did not see the debates. The bylines said that Hillary beat Trump at facts, scandals and even jokes.

It was at that point I set fire to the newspaper stand. A passerby thanked me for removing Hillary's face from a public street.

Thanks for that public service. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Yeah I felt the same. That was a perfect opportunity for him to focus on the DNC leaks and all the implications of  that but instead he barely pushed the issue.

He has so many weapons to use against Shrillary.  It's a shame he isn't destroying her in these debates yet--it would be so easy.  Romney failed in that regard as well, and it cost him.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ashotep said:

I totally agree, I would love to see a woman president but not Hillary.  I'm not going to vote for someone just because they are female when I think they will ruin this country.

Well, I don't "love" the idea of a woman POTUS just because she's a woman.  I want the best possible choice and the gender of the person, man or woman, is utterly unimportant to me.

• Like 3

The two stupidest moments of the debate came at the end, which showed that both camps over prepared.  He had to get in the stamina issue.  Even though she had one tick, you have to hand it to her that she handled it well, so his comment was really out of place.  And she had to bring up sexism when the debate was really over and he never exhibited any sexism or racism.  Those were definitely two moments that were tasteless.  This is just the first face-to-face, we’ll see how both adjust.

3 minutes ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

Well, I don't "love" the idea of a woman POTUS just because she's a woman.  I want the best possible choice and the gender of the person, man or woman, is utterly unimportant to me.

I do but that doesn't mean I'm going to vote for someone just because they are female,  I do have to see them as the best possible choice.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

The two stupidest moments of the debate came at the end, which showed that both camps over prepared.  He had to get in the stamina issue.  Even though she had one tick, you have to hand it to her that she handled it well, so his comment was really out of place.  And she had to bring up sexism when the debate was really over and he never exhibited any sexism or racism.  Those were definitely two moments that were tasteless.  This is just the first face-to-face, we’ll see how both adjust.

Now they have a little more feel to the other's presence on stage. The next debate should be interesting and as many have commented, the Don seems to be keeping all the aces up his sleeve for now. You and I and most people watching are aware of at least some of Hillary's crimes so we can safely assume Trump's camp knows them all. If they haven't brought up the juicy scandals yet, it's by design. Hillary feels smug because the moderator and the broadcaster are on her side...she expects the questions to be weighted in her favor and they have been. She also expects every interviewer and news article to breeze over her transgressions like they never happened. How much of your soul do you have to sell for that kind of political immunity?

If someone could freeze frame on her face the moment Trump starts talking about Benghazi, it would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clair said:

Absolutely true.  I think Trump brought up some very good points last night...however, he couldn't focus on one thing, he was all over the place, talking often without having a point. 

It's as if Hillary was coached to just let the guy go off...and for the most part he did. 

• Like 2

Trump didn't "go off" that I noticed. They both answered the questions in their own manner...one as a professional politician and the other as a populist candidate (not used to politics).

They are who they are, no debate is going to change them IMO.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Clair said:

By focus I mean to cut out all the extraneous nonsense that is of no consequence to anyone. He's far too easily rattled and distracted.

That is being politically articulate.  Perhaps he needs to spend some time on UM?  I think that most anyone that is a regular here could have done a better job than either.

He needs to really hone in on the key issues and develop a deep understanding of them. Not just a few, but ALL of them.

He does have a deep understanding of the issues.  He doesn’t trust the audience to have the same understanding.  That just takes a bit more experience.

He does really well in some areas, but falls flat in others.

Both accomplished that very well.

And whilst I agree with you in that he says what a lot of Americans are thinking, he really does need to concentrate on coming up with intelligent solutions across the board and to articulate them in such a way that hes clear, concise and consistent.

Agreed.  But just as he needs to be more concise, she is being obtuse and vague in what she means.  It’s still clear that she leans toward globalization.  She will do whatever to hide that fact.  She can’t afford to come out and tout the benefits of globalization.

If he can do that, he will edge out Hillary in a big way. He will also stand in sharp contrast to her robotic, well rehearsed idiotic self.

That’s true.  In the next debate, he needs to focus on Benghazi, her Foundation, emails, and Iran.  Not just throw accusations but articulate points.  Throw her back on her heals.  The next moderators will be more supportive of Hilary.

• Like 1

Well, folks who are living in the alternate Trump universe are gonna somehow think he won, but Hillary wiped up the floor with him. He just doubled down on the same lies, interrupted and made himself look like a jerk, and provided verbose word salad when he obviously didn't know anything about a topic. 

Ultimately, people who were for him before are still going to be. Anyone who was on the fence, though...I don't see it happening for him.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Well, folks who are living in the alternate Trump universe are gonna somehow think he won, but Hillary wiped up the floor with him. He just doubled down on the same lies, interrupted and made himself look like a jerk, and provided verbose word salad when he obviously didn't know anything about a topic. 

Ultimately, people who were for him before are still going to be. Anyone who was on the fence, though...I don't see it happening for him.

Well that's going to happen when the producer, the moderator and the network are colluding to present Hillary as the winner. If you listen to carefully to the questions asked of Trump vs. Hillary, how could it have gone any other way? All these scandals surrounding Hillary and yet the focus was, once again, Trump's finances. Does that not strike you as odd considering the vast disparity in weight between what she's done and what he's done?

I think that you are still running off headlines, click-bait and the belief that Hillary is a victim of attacks pieces. I only suggest that because your post echoes every MSM highlight of the debate.

• Like 5