Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Presidential Debate - LIVE

Daughter of the Nine Moons

Needless to say, the Supreme Court issue didn’t come up.  That’s another thing Hilary can’t stand on when it does.  People that cherish the Bill or Rights aren’t knowingly or willingly going to vote for Hilary.

• Like 3

Last night I turned to a retro TV station and watched an episode of Hart to Hart (forgot how fun that show was) and two episodes of M*A*S*H*.  This post is the extent of my participation in these presidential debates.

vote-here.jpg

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Holy crap. They're airing it live on CBC radio.

That will be better for Trump I guess, because at least they won't get to see his expressions and fidgeting. He looked like his blood pressure rising was going to make him fall over or something, and his team thinks  Clinton is  the dying one LOL. 

• Like 1

I can't help wondering if Trump isn't taking a longer view of the debates and playing the media once again as he's done from the beginning.  He seems to have a good understanding of the national audience.  He said outrageous things early in the campaign and it got him lots of attention.  For good or bad, people took notice.  He got more publicity than anyone could buy.  But people have short memories.  Once he had everyone's attention he could tone down his message.  I think he might be doing the same with the debates.  Since there are three of them, the last one is the one that people will remember most when they go to vote.  So why not walk through the first one just to get a feel for your opponent and build anticipation?  Perhaps increasing the audience for the debates that follow.  Save your knock out punches for the last one with possibly the most viewers, many of whom might be Clinton supporters tuning in just to see her win.  Then out comes the Trump no one has seen before and he destroys her in front of the biggest audience possible two weeks before the election.  Now she has no time to recover and nobody remembers the first two debates.

• Like 1

Also, hasn't that Julian Assange fellow (from WikiLeaks) promised an 'October surprise' for Mrs Clinton? It might be prudent of Trump to wait until that information has surfaced before really going after Mrs Clinton. At that point she'd have to field both the leaked info and Trump coming on strong right before the election.

Just in case some don't know about the so-called 'October surprise' here's a link: http://www.inquisitr.com/3455713/wikileaks-october-surprise-new-hillary-clinton-email-dump-coming-before-general-election-assange-confirms/

Edited by Lilly
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Also, hasn't that Julian Assange fellow (from WikiLeaks) promised an 'October surprise' for Mrs Clinton? It might be prudent of Trump to wait until that information has surfaced before really going after Mrs Clinton. At that point she'd have to field both the leaked info and Trump coming on strong right before the election.

Just in case some don't know about the so-called 'October surprise' here's a link: http://www.inquisitr.com/3455713/wikileaks-october-surprise-new-hillary-clinton-email-dump-coming-before-general-election-assange-confirms/

I don’t think Assange is interested in working with Trump.  If he ever gets dirt on him, he’ll post it too.  He wants to be known as the one that brought down Hilary.  He doesn’t want to share.  That’s why I think he’ll post his stuff after the 19th.

1 minute ago, RavenHawk said:

I don’t think Assange is interested in working with Trump.  If he ever gets dirt on him, he’ll post it too.  He wants to be known as the one that brought down Hilary.  He doesn’t want to share.  That’s why I think he’ll post his stuff after the 19th.

I'm not saying Assange is working with Trump...I'm saying Trump might be waiting for the next Wiki dump to really go at Clinton. I agree that Assange doesn't care much for Trump either (he seems to be an anarchist actually).

7 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I'm not saying Assange is working with Trump...I'm saying Trump might be waiting for the next Wiki dump to really go at Clinton. I agree that Assange doesn't care much for Trump either (he seems to be an anarchist actually).

Trump isn’t going to be sitting around waiting for Assange.

Just now, RavenHawk said:

Trump isn’t going to be sitting around waiting for Assange.

Of course not...but if there's another WikiLeaks dump about Clinton I'm sure Trump will jump onto the momentum (I know I would).

Things could get very interesting in the next month or so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

Well, folks who are living in the alternate Trump universe are gonna somehow think he won, but Hillary wiped up the floor with him. He just doubled down on the same lies, interrupted and made himself look like a jerk, and provided verbose word salad when he obviously didn't know anything about a topic. 

Yep. Trump got beat up by a girl. For all his talk about Hillary lacking the stamina, he was the one who was out of gas by the end of it. Even some Republicans conceded the loss, with a few suggesting he skip the next debates altogether.

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

He does have a deep understanding of the issues. 

Some yes, but he's faltering on some of the major ones especially foreign policy. Hillary even had to remind him what NATO was all about. And he has no clear strategy on ISIS whatsoever. He aced Hillary on free trade, but overall, he wasn't as well prepared on facts and figures as she was.

Having said that, Hillary wasn't perfect either. She was more robotic than sincere, but she was prepared.

Meh who cares anyway. I hate the both of them.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Of course not...but if there's another WikiLeaks dump about Clinton I'm sure Trump will jump onto the momentum (I know I would).

Things could get very interesting in the next month or so.

But it probably won’t happen until after the last debate.  That way even if Trump jumps on it, it’ll still be something initiated by Assange.  Others besides Trump will be jumping on it.  Trump won’t win because *HE* jumped on it.  It’ll be because Assange provided it.  This would be about Assange’s ego and it would trump Trumps.  But I agree, the real interesting things will occur next month.

2 hours ago, supervike said:

Absolutely true.  I think Trump brought up some very good points last night...however, he couldn't focus on one thing, he was all over the place, talking often without having a point. 

It's as if Hillary was coached to just let the guy go off...and for the most part he did. 

Yes, he could have and should have been much better than he was. I think it shameful that he wasn't better prepared. And yeah, Hillary was definitely coached well and knew exactly what buttons to push, and she did. Trump's fatal flaw is that he can't keep it together. Imagine that fatal flaw at work whilst he's POTUS.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

He's been surprisingly quiet lately. But he did promise that he would absolutely release info on Clinton just prior to the election. But whatever he decides to do, he is and always will be, a total creep.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

He has so many weapons to use against Shrillary.  It's a shame he isn't destroying her in these debates yet--it would be so easy.  Romney failed in that regard as well, and it cost him.

Give him time! Give him time! He will bring up the bad stuff, he has to. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rinna said:

Maybe he should keep Lucille leaning on the podium during the next debates?? B)

Just now, RavenHawk said:

Maybe he should keep Lucille leaning on the podium during the next debates?? B)

You can breathe. You can blink. You can cry. Hell, they're all gonna be doing that. 

• Like 1

As far as the ME goes, either win is a nice poke in the eye. A female or a guy who thinks their whole religion is evil. heh

3 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Well, folks who are living in the alternate Trump universe are gonna somehow think he won, but Hillary wiped up the floor with him.

And just as stupidly, people living in an alternate reality will think that Shrillary mopped the floor with him.  Give it a rest.  I seriously doubt you actually watched the debate.

He just doubled down on the same lies, interrupted and made himself look like a jerk, and provided verbose word salad when he obviously didn't know anything about a topic. 

No, he didn't   Now I'm convinced you didn't watch the thing.

Ultimately, people who were for him before are still going to be. Anyone who was on the fence, though...I don't see it happening for him.

/facepalm  Just when I thought you would start posting with a bit of intellectual honesty.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rinna said:

We'll see.

3 hours ago, Big Jim said:

I can't help wondering if Trump isn't taking a longer view of the debates and playing the media once again as he's done from the beginning.  He seems to have a good understanding of the national audience.  He said outrageous things early in the campaign and it got him lots of attention.  For good or bad, people took notice.  He got more publicity than anyone could buy.

You could very well be right, but whilst Trump's strategy has worked on the road, it's not as effective on the debate floor. He has to up it up a notch and understand that off the cuff remarks, one liners and the like don't work there. He has to be solid. He has to be specific. And above all, he has to complete his thoughts and sentences. It's a shame because I truly do think he has some really good traits and strengths in certain areas. He just really needs to pull himself together and stop acting like a petulant child.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ashotep said:

Was Hillary trying to sell her book or what during the debate.  I also noticed Trump looking down from time to time but it was obvious Hillary was reading a speech.

I don't know why he didn't hit her on giving the Russians our uranium when she brought up the subject.  He should have pointed that out and how Bill traveled to the old Soviet Union as a young man and was getting some pretty hefty speaking fees from them as well as donations to the Clinton Foundation while all of this was going on.

Most polls have Trump as the winner. 

Majority of snap polls show Trump won debate by a landslide despite CNN's overwhelming victory for Hillary in biggest official survey
POST DEBATE POLL SHOCKER=> Hillary Takes 4th Place in ABC News Poll Behind Jill Stein, Gary Johnson

Thank you Ash for posting that. I was going to do the same thing.

The Clinton News Network showed their expected bias. When watching CNN they love to trash Trump in every way they can, including the "banners" under the main picture that one would think wouldn't be editorialized.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rinna said:

As I said earlier in this thread, he may have been advised not to bring it up yet. Hillary used all her ammo straight up, he still has time. 

Rinna, I think that is one of the best posts in this thread. Well done.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, -ZZ- said:

Thank you Ash for posting that. I was going to do the same thing.

The Clinton News Network showed their expected bias. When watching CNN they love to trash Trump in every way they can, including the "banners" under the main picture that one would think wouldn't be editorialized.

I've noticed many in msm do go out of their way to hit at Trump even over silly things.  Occasionally they will say something negative about Clinton but if you aren't quick you will miss it.  I guess that is their attempt to throw us a bone because they know they are losing credibility with a lot of people over this.  They have successfully shown me how bias they can be which now has me wondering if I hadn't listened to them so much during the last election if I would have voted for Romney.

• Like 1