Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Presidential Debate - LIVE

Daughter of the Nine Moons

Last nights debate really was kind of pathetic and not because of Trump but because of Holt.  It was obvious from the beginning he was after Trump and was taking it easy on Clinton.

Here’s What Holt Did to Trump SIX Times… He Never Did It To Hillary Once

BREAKING: Cavuto Just Exposed Lester Holt’s Lies During Debate

Hillary’s Top 5 Lies Of The Debate

Something else, was she wearing a wire last night?

http://www.propagandamatrix.com/articles/september2016/270916_whats_that.htm

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aztek said:

03e9d0272e34e00896424569ebf18d0c529bfcb63049a9804d6a7032557a3e00_1

Best damn post here! :tu::lol:

I didn't watch live,i caught a late replay that put me to sleep.

All i learned was people still carry on about the same drivel these two have been spewing for the last two years straight...

Who won?Nobody!!!

This s*** just amounts to a popularity contest anymore,maybe if we all just ignore these two maybe they will just GO AWAY...

Pedro 2016!!! :clap:

• Like 1

I thought Lester should have been more forceful in this. Trump kept interrupting not only Hilary but Lester himself, when he tried to keep Trump relevant to the topic

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

As long as any person, of any sex or skin color, qualifies and is shown that they can lead, they are welcome to be POTUS.  Just not Shrillary.  Never Shrillary.

While I agree I just feel until there is peace in the Islamic world we should not have a female president. I'm not being sexist I'm being real.

Edited by FTWind

Just now, Ashotep said:

Last nights debate really was kind of pathetic and not because of Trump but because of Holt.  It was obvious from the beginning he was after Trump and was taking it easy on Clinton.

All that was expected by me. The thing is, people are fed up with politics as usual and that is why Trump is on stage. The politicians say whatever to get elected, then blow off the American people, once elected. Look at King Obama, he does what he wants, bypassing congress as it suits him. And Hillary was a part of all that.

As long as she has been in politics along with her husband, as a Governors wife, in the White house, as a Presidents wife, and even in the White house during Watergate or her tenure as a U.S Senator, it is inconceivable to believe she did not know that a State Department email server in her house was against the rules. And there are those that want to make this woman the Supreme leader of the free world.

There are those that are young or uninformed on the dozens of scandals that the Clintons have been involved with and really need to see this woman for who she is.

This woman was in the White house during Watergate and It’s true that Hillary Clinton’s ex-boss has accused her of being a “liar” and “unethical” during the House Judiciary Committee’s impeachment inquiry into Watergate, but claims that she was fired for those reasons are false. https://www.truthorfiction.com/clinton-watergate/

If you want to vote for an idea, the first woman for President, or ignore the scandals this woman has been involved with, go ahead, vote for Hillary.

Edited by South Alabam
nto qouting correctly and typos
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Vlawde said:

I thought Lester should have been more forceful in this. Trump kept interrupting not only Hilary but Lester himself, when he tried to keep Trump relevant to the topic

Do you really think him not being more forceful was the biggest issue? I personally think how bias he was is the issue. Holt bent so many questions to favor Clinton and additionally asked Clinton 2 exclusive questions, he asked Trump over 10!

For example, in the question about taxes, Holt said "The fundamental difference between the two of you concerns the wealthy. Secretary Clinton, you're calling for a tax increase on the wealthiest Americans. I'd like you to further defend that. And, Mr. Trump, you're calling for tax cuts for the wealthy. I'd like you to defend that. Holt attempted to set the tone of the question by mentioning the wealthy right away, which played right into Hillary's narrative. Trumps tax cut doesn't just effect the wealthy, but all Americans. Why bring up only the wealthy right away? 

Another example, his whole stop and frisk portion. It was NOT declared unconstitutional. And yet, instead of letting it drop, he continued to push the narrative by stating "The argument is that stop and frisk is a form of racial profiling." Is he debating Trump? Or was she? And it wasn't even true! Trump had to fact-check the dang moderator!

Holt was incredibly gentle with Hillary in general. One of the greatest examples was when Trump brought up the emails: "He also raised the issue of your e-mails. Do you want to respond that?" And yet, lets look how he pressed the birther issue, over, and over, and over. And again with the Iraq war. Did he bring up how Hillary voted for the war in Iraq? 

Why was Trump held to such a high standard for comments he made as a PRIVATE citizen when Hillary wasn't questioned at all about her record? Not once. Not once.

Here's a breakdown of the questions if you don't believe he was asked more questions by Holt:

Question 1: Both (Topic: Money into the hands of American Workers)

Question 2: Trump: (Topic: Trump how will you bring back 25 million jobs)

Question 3: Trump (Topic: How do you SPECIFICALLY bring back jobs)

Question 4: Both (Tax policy)

Question 5: Trump (Disclosure of his taxes)

Question 6: Trump (IRS says you can release taxes during an audit)

Question 7: Hillary (Her emails)

Question 8: Both (Race relations)

Question 9: Trump (Stop and Frisk)

Question 10: Trump (Stop and Frisk again)

Question 11: Hillary (Implicit bias)

Question 12: Trump (Obama birth certificate again)

Question 13: Trump (Birth Certificate again)

Question 14: Trump: (People of Color, what do you say to them?)

Question 15: Hillary (Race Relations)

Question 16:Both (Cyber security)

Question 17: Both (Home-grown terrorists)

Question 18: Trump (War in Iraq)

Question 19: Trump (War in Iraq again)

Question 20: Hillary (He allows her to comment)

Question 21: Both (Nuclear weapons)

Question 22: Trump (Hillary's Presidential look) 

Question 23: Trump (He clarified the quote)

Question 24: Both (If you win the election, will you accept the will of the voters?)

Question 25: Trump (HE HAS TO SPECIFICALLY ASK TRUMP AGAIN IF HE WILL ACCEPT THE WILL OF THE VOTERS!)

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, FTWind said:

While I agree I just feel until there is peace in the Islamic world we should not have a female president. I'm not being sexist I'm being real.

Then you don't actually agree.  Who the hell cares what the islamist world thinks of us--last time I checked, US citizens and ONLY US CITIZENS elect the POTUS in this country?  What the rest of the world thinks is utterly irrelevant.  We need strong, moral leadership.  Doesn't matter the gender.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

And just as stupidly, people living in an alternate reality will think that Shrillary mopped the floor with him.  Give it a rest.  I seriously doubt you actually watched the debate.

No, he didn't   Now I'm convinced you didn't watch the thing.

/facepalm  Just when I thought you would start posting with a bit of intellectual honesty.

I knew it. That you Trump? 

41 minutes ago, Rinna said:

Do you really think him not being more forceful was the biggest issue? I personally think how bias he was is the issue. Holt bent so many questions to favor Clinton and additionally asked Clinton 2 exclusive questions, he asked Trump over 10!

For example, in the question about taxes, Holt said "The fundamental difference between the two of you concerns the wealthy. Secretary Clinton, you're calling for a tax increase on the wealthiest Americans. I'd like you to further defend that. And, Mr. Trump, you're calling for tax cuts for the wealthy. I'd like you to defend that. Holt attempted to set the tone of the question by mentioning the wealthy right away, which played right into Hillary's narrative. Trumps tax cut doesn't just effect the wealthy, but all Americans. Why bring up only the wealthy right away? 

Another example, his whole stop and frisk portion. It was NOT declared unconstitutional. And yet, instead of letting it drop, he continued to push the narrative by stating "The argument is that stop and frisk is a form of racial profiling." Is he debating Trump? Or was she? And it wasn't even true! Trump had to fact-check the dang moderator!

Holt was incredibly gentle with Hillary in general. One of the greatest examples was when Trump brought up the emails: "He also raised the issue of your e-mails. Do you want to respond that?" And yet, lets look how he pressed the birther issue, over, and over, and over. And again with the Iraq war. Did he bring up how Hillary voted for the war in Iraq? 

Why was Trump held to such a high standard for comments he made as a PRIVATE citizen when Hillary wasn't questioned at all about her record? Not once. Not once.

Here's a breakdown of the questions if you don't believe he was asked more questions by Holt:

Question 1: Both (Topic: Money into the hands of American Workers)

Question 2: Trump: (Topic: Trump how will you bring back 25 million jobs)

Question 3: Trump (Topic: How do you SPECIFICALLY bring back jobs)

Question 4: Both (Tax policy)

Question 5: Trump (Disclosure of his taxes)

Question 6: Trump (IRS says you can release taxes during an audit)

Question 7: Hillary (Her emails)

Question 8: Both (Race relations)

Question 9: Trump (Stop and Frisk)

Question 10: Trump (Stop and Frisk again)

Question 11: Hillary (Implicit bias)

Question 12: Trump (Obama birth certificate again)

Question 13: Trump (Birth Certificate again)

Question 14: Trump: (People of Color, what do you say to them?)

Question 15: Hillary (Race Relations)

Question 16:Both (Cyber security)

Question 17: Both (Home-grown terrorists)

Question 18: Trump (War in Iraq)

Question 19: Trump (War in Iraq again)

Question 20: Hillary (He allows her to comment)

Question 21: Both (Nuclear weapons)

Question 22: Trump (Hillary's Presidential look) 

Question 23: Trump (He clarified the quote)

Question 24: Both (If you win the election, will you accept the will of the voters?)

Question 25: Trump (HE HAS TO SPECIFICALLY ASK TRUMP AGAIN IF HE WILL ACCEPT THE WILL OF THE VOTERS!)

He had to keep repeating questions to Trump because he wouldn't answer them. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vlawde said:

He had to keep repeating questions to Trump because he wouldn't answer them. 

I disagree, I think most of the questions he gave a decent answer to, but Holt pushed and pushed to get more. Whereas with Hillary, whatever she said was accepted and then moved on.

• Like 2

Difference in perspective, I guess. At least to us, Trump seemed very evasive and not specific about much of anything. We thought Hilary won handily, but some feel Trump did. Which begs the question "what debate were YOU watching?"   ;)

• Like 3

Difference in perspective, I guess. At least to us, Trump seemed very evasive and not specific about much of anything. We thought Hilary won handily, but some feel Trump did. Which begs the question "what debate were YOU watching?"   ;)

Unfortunately most polls disagree with what you saw, but it is very open to interpretation, I will give you that. 

• Like 1

Haha case in point. Most polls I saw were in favor of Hilary by a large margin.  When will the media make up it's mind??  :lol:

• Like 1

Haha case in point. Most polls I saw were in favor of Hilary by a large margin.  When will the media make up it's mind??  :lol:

Uh, here's the proof: he won 29 out of 32: http://endingthefed.com/breaking-the-verdict-is-in-look-who-won-the-first-debate.html And that's all different news groups. 

• Like 2

Even super liberal Michael Moore thinks Trump won:

NBC news seems like the only ones who got it right. I did check out many different polls shortly after the debate last night and Clinton was ahead in all. Checked a few hours later, and  a bunch of Trump supporters flooded the polls with repeat votes. The Drudge report in your link, which had the highest margin for Trump, can be thrown out. Info on the rigged polls here : http://fortune.com/2016/09/27/trump-online-polls/

I mean no offense to you or anyone who likes Trump. But it just boggles my mind that anyone can think he's presidential material after hearing him speak (not just last night either)  He's rude, he always has a condescending tone, he repeats simple (meaningless) slogans that appeal to the 'Murica crowd. Has little self control, is a loudmouth, braggart, and represents the worst in Americans. 

Other than that. I'm sure he's a swell guy! :D

• Like 3

IMO neither of them 'won' that debate. There are 2 more debates...the 'winner' is still to be determined. And of course, the real winner will be seen come November.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Vlawde said:

NBC news seems like the only ones who got it right. I did check out many different polls shortly after the debate last night and Clinton was ahead in all. Checked a few hours later, and  a bunch of Trump supporters flooded the polls with repeat votes. The Drudge report in your link, which had the highest margin for Trump, can be thrown out. Info on the rigged polls here : http://fortune.com/2016/09/27/trump-online-polls/

I mean no offense to you or anyone who likes Trump. But it just boggles my mind that anyone can think he's presidential material after hearing him speak (not just last night either)  He's rude, he always has a condescending tone, he repeats simple (meaningless) slogans that appeal to the 'Murica crowd. Has little self control, is a loudmouth, braggart, and represents the worst in Americans. 

Other than that. I'm sure he's a swell guy! :D

I will agree that some of Trump's supporters may have swelled the polls to increase numbers. I am part of a few Trump groups online and I know we can be a rowdy bunch. But it is important to make the distinction that unlike Hillary, he isn't complicit in any rigging polls.  And I can understand how you can look at Trump and feel like that, because it's how I feel about Hillary! l know you don't mean any offense, you are always thoughtful and respectful in your replies, and I appreciate that. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lilly said:

IMO neither of them 'won' that debate. There are 2 more debates...the 'winner' is still to be determined. And of course, the real winner will be seen come November.

The main point I have taken away now that I have had time to reflect, is that Trump did pretty well, considering he was debating almost 2 people. And that's what I tried to demonstrate.

I watched this fiasco and thought what the hell are the American people thinking about by letting these two run for President of a great Country , Hillary made Trump look like an ignorant buffoon and his reply was that she hasn't got the stamina which he repeated 3 times.. well she may not have but at least she is a hard nosed Politician while he is a clown .Both of them could be the worst President of the  U,S,A, that the  world has ever seen.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

I watched this fiasco and thought what the hell are the American people thinking about by letting these two run for President of a great Country , Hillary made Trump look like an ignorant buffoon and his reply was that she hasn't got the stamina which he repeated 3 times.. well she may not have but at least she is a hard nosed Politician while he is a clown .Both of them could be the worst President of the  U,S,A, that the  world has ever seen.

Being a hard-nosed politician is a compliment?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rinna said:

I will agree that some of Trump's supporters may have swelled the polls to increase numbers. I am part of a few Trump groups online and I know we can be a rowdy bunch. But it is important to make the distinction that unlike Hillary, he isn't complicit in any rigging polls.  And I can understand how you can look at Trump and feel like that, because it's how I feel about Hillary! l know you don't mean any offense, you are always thoughtful and respectful in your replies, and I appreciate that. 

Its refreshing to be able to agree to disagree. Too much hate and insults thrown around in this election, some people reacting emotionally rather than logically from BOTH sides. Never used to be like it is now in past elections, at least to this degree

I

• Like 2

Overall I think the WSJ seemed to nail it. 

http://www.wsj.com/articles/and-the-winner-of-the-trump-clinton-debate-was-1474950380

No one says Trump killed it but a few have said Hillary killed it. 

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/donald-trump-debate-loser-attempts-damage-control-w442236

Most people saw what they wanted to see and scored on their own set of biased rules and point system so the winner doesn't really matter until election day.  Still, I have to admit I was hoping someone would bite off an ear.   

2 hours ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

Then you don't actually agree.  Who the hell cares what the islamist world thinks of us--last time I checked, US citizens and ONLY US CITIZENS elect the POTUS in this country?  What the rest of the world thinks is utterly irrelevant.  We need strong, moral leadership.  Doesn't matter the gender.

How is it irrelevant what the rest of the world thinks of us and acts towards us? Foreign relations is what makes the world spin. I ment I agree on the fact that it dosent matter what gender you are , any gender can run this country well or poorly . Its just when foreign relations comes into play is when I feel in this day and time that a man is more fit to talk with the countries that don't see eye to eye on gender equality.

• Like 1