Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Presidential Debate - LIVE

Daughter of the Nine Moons

24 minutes ago, FTWind said:

How is it irrelevant what the rest of the world thinks of us and acts towards us? Foreign relations is what makes the world spin. I ment I agree on the fact that it dosent matter what gender you are , any gender can run this country well or poorly . Its just when foreign relations comes into play is when I feel in this day and time that a man is more fit to talk with the countries that don't see eye to eye on gender equality.

We are paying for the rest of the world's military. Giving a ton of forigne aid and have bad trade deals of course the other countries do not like trump. They would rather keep it as it is because it benifits themselves 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Clair said:

Yep. Trump got beat up by a girl. For all his talk about Hillary lacking the stamina, he was the one who was out of gas by the end of it. Even some Republicans conceded the loss, with a few suggesting he skip the next debates altogether.

Some yes, but he's faltering on some of the major ones especially foreign policy. Hillary even had to remind him what NATO was all about. And he has no clear strategy on ISIS whatsoever. He aced Hillary on free trade, but overall, he wasn't as well prepared on facts and figures as she was.

Having said that, Hillary wasn't perfect either. She was more robotic than sincere, but she was prepared.

Meh who cares anyway. I hate the both of them.

He announced days before the debate even start that he was dealing with a flu of some sort.

And I just have to point out "he got beat up by a girl ". Apprently it's okay to be sexist as long as youre trying to insult trump....

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, FTWind said:

While I agree I just feel until there is peace in the Islamic world we should not have a female president. I'm not being sexist I'm being real.

You're opinion is stupidly simplistic as well as sexist. Congratulations.

• Like 3

There will be peace in the middle east when pigs fly and cows jump over the blue moon. Sure they'd respect US even less with a female in charge but seriously what difference would it make one way or another? They'll hate US and each other for another two millennia no matter what.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Vlawde said:

NBC news seems like the only ones who got it right.

You're only reading and listening to what you want to hear and read.  You're only making up stuff to suit your agenda.

Regardless, the polls mean nothing.  You're going to see what you want to see, even if it flies in the face of reality.  That's just how life goes I guess.  Stubbornness is a common human trait.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FTWind said:

How is it irrelevant what the rest of the world thinks of us and acts towards us?

Completely irrelevant.  We're electing a person to lead the US.  This is a US matter first and foremost.  We don't need to cater to other countries' wishes in this manner.

Foreign relations is what makes the world spin. I ment I agree on the fact that it dosent matter what gender you are , any gender can run this country well or poorly . Its just when foreign relations comes into play is when I feel in this day and time that a man is more fit to talk with the countries that don't see eye to eye on gender equality.

So what?  We're not electing someone another country wants to get along with.  We're electing a United States citizen to lead the United States.  Foreigners don't get a say.  They never have.  Foreign relations is completely secondary to internal US politics.  In fact, if a female US POTUS p***es off some crap-hole ME country, then as far as I'm concerned that's a good thing.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lilly said:

IMO neither of them 'won' that debate. There are 2 more debates...the 'winner' is still to be determined. And of course, the real winner will be seen come November.

I think over all it was a draw.  Hilary won on polish and Trump won on substance.  Let's see what happens when Benghazi and the emails come up like the birth certificate and Miss Universe did.  Let's find out about her Foundation and her taking money from Muslim nations that mistreat women, pay to play, and the comments from getting that rapist off (pardon the pun).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

Completely irrelevant.  We're electing a person to lead the US.  This is a US matter first and foremost.  We don't need to cater to other countries' wishes in this manner.

Except that given the United States' long history of interventionism, it does affect other countries. You can't deny that. Sure, you are voting for someone to lead your nation first and foremost but it will also have repercussions around the world.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

I think over all it was a draw.  Hilary won on polish and Trump won on substance.  Let's see what happens when Benghazi and the emails come up like the birth certificate and Miss Universe did.  Let's find out about her Foundation and her taking money from Muslim nations that mistreat women, pay to play, and the comments from getting that rapist off (pardon the pun).

I agree...IF he brings it up.

3 minutes ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

Except that given the United States' long history of interventionism, it does affect other countries. You can't deny that. Sure, you are voting for someone to lead your nation first and foremost but it will also have repercussions around the world.

Intervention has nothing to do with what we think other nations think about us.  In this game of the world stage, if you don't tweak in others politics then others are tweaking yours.  That just showed the world how much of a crybaby Obama is.  He interfered with Israeli politics trying to overthrow Netanyahu, then cries that Putin was behind breaking into the DNC.  tsk tsk tsk.

9 minutes ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

Except that given the United States' long history of interventionism, it does affect other countries.

Oh just stop with the inane anti-US tripe.  It has not place in this thread and is completely irrelevant.

9 minutes ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

You can't deny that. Sure, you are voting for someone to lead your nation first and foremost but it will also have repercussions around the world.

Yeah, I can.  I can also deny that what the rest of the world thinks matters.  It doesn't.  We will elect who is best suited to lead this country, and then deal with everyone else afterward.  Sorry that you don't like it, but, not being a US citizen, I could care less what you think about it.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

I think she addressed the emails to the way that if they get brought up again, it's a mute point.  She owned up to it, said there was no excuse, and apologized.  When has Truump approached anything in that manner?  And it's not as if he doesn't have much to own up to or apologize for.  As far as Benghazi, it's been made clear that the debates are about policy.  She has had her hearing, so what exactly will the Benghazi topic have to do with policy?  And no matter what Horvir whatever says, it doesn't matter what a candidate brings up, it doesn't make it a debate topic.  

Edited by Agent0range
  • Like 1

:rofl::rofl:Trump... everytime I listen to him I juat can't take him seriously. Really, that wants to be president, he needs some more rethorical training. If he is not gonna work on his voice and speech then I guess I can keep laughing. (But mainly because of

)

Edited by hellwyr
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

I think she addressed the emails to the way that if they get brought up again, it's a mute point.  She owned up to it, said there was no excuse, and apologized.  When has Truump approached anything in that manner?  And it's not as if he doesn't have much to own up to or apologize for.  As far as Benghazi, it's been made clear that the debates are about policy.  She has had her hearing, so what exactly will the Benghazi topic have to do with policy?  And no matter what Horvir whatever says, it doesn't matter what a candidate brings up, it doesn't make it a debate topic.  

Benghazi and her email practices are very much related to policy and security whereas I can't figure out what the birth certificate, old quips from the Howard Stern show, Rosie O'Donnell, his tax returns and the Ms. Universe contestant from 20 years ago have to do with policy matters in a presidential debate. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Her apology is phony.  She deliberately put US interests and operatives in danger for her convenience.  I hold a clearance.  We have annual mandatory refresher classes on how to handle classified materials.  If I were to do just a fraction of what she did, I would be spending the next 40 years at hard labor in Leavenworth.  It's not mute and never will be.  We're talking about national security with a very small margin of error in the matter of life and death.  When has Trump approached such a transgression?  Benghazi isn't about policy?  Benghazi was just one more policy failure that has made this nation weak in the eyes of the world.  But if you don't think that is policy, then consider it character which is always part of a debate and Hilary fails there.  She can forget how to handle classified material after a fall but she has all her ducks in a row in a debate after having pneumonia.  Comey presented the case against her.  She is guilty as Hell.  If Trump is elected, she will leave the country before the 20th because when Trump takes the oath of office, he will direct the DOJ and FBI to proceed in charging Hilary and put her in jail.  The only hope she'll have will be to have Obama ok the DOJ to charge and try her.  Find her guilty and then pardon her.  So bringing up the birth certificate, taxes, and Miss Universe are not debate topics?  So you think that unknown taxes is more important than letting 4 Americans die?

• Like 4

11 hours ago, hellwyr said:

just logged in to say. Trump sucked big time :lol::lol::lol::lol: I was constantly laughing at him.

If anything was going to swing someone towards Trump, I reckon your recommendation would probably be it. 

• Like 2

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet...?

Looks like Trumps microphone was nobbled to try and put him off his stride ..
And then Clinton later remarked (smugly) " anyone who complains about the microphone is not having a good night." 

H.Clinton backers - the globalists, the big bankers, whoever the hell they are - are doing everything they can to
get their candidate into the White House - a faulty mic, on such an important occasion is a big thing -  a dirty trick
that can't be proved - but when complained about can be used to try and discredit the person - a win win dirty trick--

I've randomly used this link for the quote - 

"I had a problem with a microphone that didn't work. I don't know if you saw that in the room. my microphone was terrible. I wonder was it set up that way on purpose. My microphone in the room, they couldn't hear me, you know, it was going on and off. Which isn't exactly great. I wonder if it was set up that way, but it was terrible. When I tested, it was beautiful, like an hour before, I said what a great mic."
Trump went on, "It was going on and off and it was much lower than hers. I don't want to believe in conspiracy theories, of course, but it was much lower than hers and it was crackling and she didn't have that problem. That to me was a bad problem, you have a bum mic, that's not exactly good."

I guess im sexist then and rather stupid. I just see the world and how it is and I cant see electing a woman president will help with foreign affairs. The only reason I feel all of you are saying that my opinion is wrong is for the sake of wanting to say how proggressive the united states and of fear of being called sexist. In my opinion foreign affairs is one of the up most important jobs for our president and I feel that this day and time it is best suited for a man due to the fact of other countries ideals. Besides the president is just a poster child for the united states and im sorry that poster child should conform to other countries ideals. Foriegn affairs ties directly into our economic state. I cant see how people can be so daft .

7 hours ago, FTWind said:

How is it irrelevant what the rest of the world thinks of us and acts towards us? Foreign relations is what makes the world spin. I ment I agree on the fact that it dosent matter what gender you are , any gender can run this country well or poorly . Its just when foreign relations comes into play is when I feel in this day and time that a man is more fit to talk with the countries that don't see eye to eye on gender equality.

Are you saying that women aren't good enough to run a Country,,Equal rights buddy, when it comes to toeing the line politically women are as good as men and sometimes better.

• Like 1

Just now, spud the mackem said:

Are you saying that women aren't good enough to run a Country,,Equal rights buddy, when it comes to toeing the line politically women are as good as men and sometimes better.

I never said any of that.

1 minute ago, FTWind said:

You just said that a man is more fit to talk to countries who have a problem talking to women leaders

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

12 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

You just said that a man is more fit to talk to countries who have a problem talking to women leaders

Ok i did say that.

9 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

He announced days before the debate even start that he was dealing with a flu of some sort.

And I just have to point out "he got beat up by a girl ". Apprently it's okay to be sexist as long as youre trying to insult trump....

The flu huh? Regardless, he still should have been able to outperform someone with 'brain damage'  don't you think? As for being sexist, hardly. It was a commentary on Trump's gendered attacks. But what I should have written was that he 'got beat up by a stumbling, brain damaged old broad, with a hacking cough, double vision, Parkinson's, pneumonia, blood clots, and limited mental and physical stamina.' There, is that better?

• Like 5