Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Presidential Debate - LIVE

Daughter of the Nine Moons

27 minutes ago, Clair said:

The flu huh? Regardless, he still should have been able to outperform someone with 'brain damage'  don't you think? As for being sexist, hardly. It was a commentary on Trump's gendered attacks. But what I should have written was that he 'got beat up by a stumbling, brain damaged old broad, with a hacking cough, double vision, Parkinson's, pneumonia, blood clots, and limited mental and physical stamina.' There, is that better?

I really don't think he got beat. Not in the way you are implying. Yes he wasn't as polished but that is part of the charm for a lot of people. People are tired of the polished, politispeak, with all talk and no actions.

I do think the distinction can be felt because she did as best as she could, but he could have done way better. He missed so many opportunities to get in jabs, to bring emotion. Like for example, when she told her story about the Hispanic woman he insulted who will be voting for her, he should have said "I know a couple of men who won't be voting for me, because you let them die in Benghazi" or something like that. 

Edited by Rinna
  • Like 5

Trump had a cold at the debate. Clinton had pneumonia at the 9/11 memorial. Very little of consequence, people get sick every now and then.

Trump speaks to his base like he always has (no surprise there). Clinton speaks like a life long politician (no surprise there).

What I'm interested in is what plans they have for the economy, national security, immigration, social programs, education, job creation, protection of the Constitution. You know, issues that actually matter. I don't care about overweight Miss Universe or who Mr Clinton is messing around with...or any other personal issues that have no consequence.

Also, why do people who aren't Americans seem to care so much about our election? To be quite frank, I don't get all that involved in the politics of other nations....just seems odd that others get so worked up over ours.

• Like 6

If i'm not wrong I believe this debate ended up as a major disappointment for many because Trump didn't deliver the Greatest Show on Earth like he promised or showed promise to deliver ... so he kinda lost both ends of the candle ...

~

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, third_eye said:

If i'm not wrong I believe this debate ended up as a major disappointment for many because Trump didn't deliver the Greatest Show on Earth like he promised or showed promise to deliver ... so he kinda lost both ends of the candle ...

~

I know, it would have been so much better if he had made an entrance like President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho. :D

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Rinna said:

Do you really think him not being more forceful was the biggest issue? I personally think how bias he was is the issue. Holt bent so many questions to favor Clinton and additionally asked Clinton 2 exclusive questions, he asked Trump over 10!

For example, in the question about taxes, Holt said "The fundamental difference between the two of you concerns the wealthy. Secretary Clinton, you're calling for a tax increase on the wealthiest Americans. I'd like you to further defend that. And, Mr. Trump, you're calling for tax cuts for the wealthy. I'd like you to defend that. Holt attempted to set the tone of the question by mentioning the wealthy right away, which played right into Hillary's narrative. Trumps tax cut doesn't just effect the wealthy, but all Americans. Why bring up only the wealthy right away? 

Another example, his whole stop and frisk portion. It was NOT declared unconstitutional. And yet, instead of letting it drop, he continued to push the narrative by stating "The argument is that stop and frisk is a form of racial profiling." Is he debating Trump? Or was she? And it wasn't even true! Trump had to fact-check the dang moderator!

Holt was incredibly gentle with Hillary in general. One of the greatest examples was when Trump brought up the emails: "He also raised the issue of your e-mails. Do you want to respond that?" And yet, lets look how he pressed the birther issue, over, and over, and over. And again with the Iraq war. Did he bring up how Hillary voted for the war in Iraq? 

Why was Trump held to such a high standard for comments he made as a PRIVATE citizen when Hillary wasn't questioned at all about her record? Not once. Not once.

Here's a breakdown of the questions if you don't believe he was asked more questions by Holt:

Question 1: Both (Topic: Money into the hands of American Workers)

Question 2: Trump: (Topic: Trump how will you bring back 25 million jobs)

Question 3: Trump (Topic: How do you SPECIFICALLY bring back jobs)

Question 4: Both (Tax policy)

Question 5: Trump (Disclosure of his taxes)

Question 6: Trump (IRS says you can release taxes during an audit)

Question 7: Hillary (Her emails)

Question 8: Both (Race relations)

Question 9: Trump (Stop and Frisk)

Question 10: Trump (Stop and Frisk again)

Question 11: Hillary (Implicit bias)

Question 12: Trump (Obama birth certificate again)

Question 13: Trump (Birth Certificate again)

Question 14: Trump: (People of Color, what do you say to them?)

Question 15: Hillary (Race Relations)

Question 16:Both (Cyber security)

Question 17: Both (Home-grown terrorists)

Question 18: Trump (War in Iraq)

Question 19: Trump (War in Iraq again)

Question 20: Hillary (He allows her to comment)

Question 21: Both (Nuclear weapons)

Question 22: Trump (Hillary's Presidential look) 

Question 23: Trump (He clarified the quote)

Question 24: Both (If you win the election, will you accept the will of the voters?)

Question 25: Trump (HE HAS TO SPECIFICALLY ASK TRUMP AGAIN IF HE WILL ACCEPT THE WILL OF THE VOTERS!)

That is what the Clinton camp wanted and that is what they got. They couldn't stand it when Lauer brought up her emails.  So they wanted Holt to go after Trump only and not fact check her lies. Got to make the wicked witch look good.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, South Alabam said:

All that was expected by me. The thing is, people are fed up with politics as usual and that is why Trump is on stage. The politicians say whatever to get elected, then blow off the American people, once elected. Look at King Obama, he does what he wants, bypassing congress as it suits him. And Hillary was a part of all that.

As long as she has been in politics along with her husband, as a Governors wife, in the White house, as a Presidents wife, and even in the White house during Watergate or her tenure as a U.S Senator, it is inconceivable to believe she did not know that a State Department email server in her house was against the rules. And there are those that want to make this woman the Supreme leader of the free world.

There are those that are young or uninformed on the dozens of scandals that the Clintons have been involved with and really need to see this woman for who she is.

This woman was in the White house during Watergate and It’s true that Hillary Clinton’s ex-boss has accused her of being a “liar” and “unethical” during the House Judiciary Committee’s impeachment inquiry into Watergate, but claims that she was fired for those reasons are false. https://www.truthorfiction.com/clinton-watergate/

If you want to vote for an idea, the first woman for President, or ignore the scandals this woman has been involved with, go ahead, vote for Hillary.

Thanks for that link.  The problems with Clinton go way back, you would have to be blind and deaf not to see what kind of person she is.

• Like 1

I also feel like the last question of the interview was kind of dumb and pointless.

Like duh whoever gets elected gets elected. Neither of them can do anything about that. I can care less if they support the other person when they loose 

I think the last question was to assuage and calm the supporters hell bent on rioting and causing pandemonium calamities if and when their anointed one loses ~

• Like 3

Anyone catch the Alicia Machado interview on Megyn Kelly? 

This is one person caught in a lie.  No doubt that Trump was rough on her, she had a contractual obligation to watch her weight.  If you p*** off the Boss, he has every right to correct the problem.  Sounds like a bit of tough love to motivate.  Don't tell me Bosses hadn't done that before.  Anyone been in boot camp?  I'd say that what Alicia went through was quite mild in comparison.  Hey folks, we have serious issues facing this nation.  Why are we being distracted here, uhm?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

I think the last question was to assuage and calm the supporters hell bent on rioting and causing pandemonium calamities if and when their anointed one loses ~

Ahh I guess I can see that. There are a lot of high emotions on both sides of this election 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, third_eye said:

~

The deck was stacked against him in this debate.  Holt wasn't a moderator, he was the third debater, which is what Clinton wanted.  She has to keep the scrutiny off her for obvious reasons.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Anyone catch the Alicia Machado interview on Megyn Kelly? 

This is one person caught in a lie.  No doubt that Trump was rough on her, she had a contractual obligation to watch her weight.  If you p*** off the Boss, he has every right to correct the problem.  Sounds like a bit of tough love to motivate.  Don't tell me Bosses hadn't done that before.  Anyone been in boot camp?  I'd say that what Alicia went through was quite mild in comparison.  Hey folks, we have serious issues facing this nation.  Why are we being distracted here, uhm?

Its a strategy to keep people's mind off things Hillary has done.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

Trump had a cold at the debate. Clinton had pneumonia at the 9/11 memorial. Very little of consequence, people get sick every now and then.

Trump speaks to his base like he always has (no surprise there). Clinton speaks like a life long politician (no surprise there).

What I'm interested in is what plans they have for the economy, national security, immigration, social programs, education, job creation, protection of the Constitution. You know, issues that actually matter. I don't care about overweight Miss Universe or who Mr Clinton is messing around with...or any other personal issues that have no consequence.

Also, why do people who aren't Americans seem to care so much about our election? To be quite frank, I don't get all that involved in the politics of other nations....just seems odd that others get so worked up over ours.

The focus on conspiracy theories has about driven me insane, as has all the petty nonsense. Yet at the same time, some of that petty nonsense speaks to their character - and that, in my opinion, is important. Yet, at the same time, it's frustrating that their positions on many of the issues have not been scrutinized as much as they should be. Equally frustrating, are Hillary's pat, well-rehearsed and seemingly insincere answers, and Trump's off the cuff ramblings.

As for why people who aren't American caring about our election... They don't care. They just love to hate us. We're out there. We impact people and nations. Everyone's so kissy kissy when they need us, and total jerk-faces when they don't.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ashotep said:

It was rhetorical  :rolleyes:  We as the viewing audience just need to speak out that we are not that dumb and will not allow such charades go anywhere.  We need to make this public.  Have write-in campaigns to the DNC, CBS, ABC & CNN, etc. that we the viewing public and likely voters are not interested in these distractions.  We want to focus on the issues.

Edited by RavenHawk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ashotep said:

Seems Miss Machado has a shady past.

I've met a few people from the privileged class of Venezuela.  The sense of entitlement sickens me.  no wonder that they are drawn to the Progressives here.

• Like 1

Seems Clinton may have received the questions a week before the debate.  If NBC did that they shouldn't be allowed to host another debate.  Maybe get Judicial Watch to do it next time.  Bet they would ask her some questions that she won't like.

http://baltimoregazette.com/clinton-received-debate-questions-week-debate/

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ashotep said:

Yep it's virtue signaling. Classic move by Clinton, call him a sexist, racist, all while trying to keep the moral high ground she has no business being on. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Clair said:

The focus on conspiracy theories has about driven me insane, as has all the petty nonsense. Yet at the same time, some of that petty nonsense speaks to their character - and that, in my opinion, is important. Yet, at the same time, it's frustrating that their positions on many of the issues have not been scrutinized as much as they should be. Equally frustrating, are Hillary's pat, well-rehearsed and seemingly insincere answers, and Trump's off the cuff ramblings.

As for why people who aren't American caring about our election... They don't care. They just love to hate us. We're out there. We impact people and nations. Everyone's so kissy kissy when they need us, and total jerk-faces when they don't.

It's because America impacts on people and nations (for good or bad) that we care who is in the driving seat -
even though we don't have a vote - 

there's an overlap on the different forums - take the original  Brexit thread for example when it was the build up and the vote -
Questionmark (American) took root and was posting day and night - you never met Questionmark did you - he went AWOL
just before you joined :) --- three big toes - was a prolific thread starter --- bit like you --- ;) - LOL - 

Edited by bee

1 hour ago, Ashotep said:

That is what the Clinton camp wanted and that is what they got. They couldn't stand it when Lauer brought up her emails.  So they wanted Holt to go after Trump only and not fact check her lies. Got to make the wicked witch look good.

When Hilary went after Trump about where his tax information is.... he should have said "I emailed them to you." :P

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bee said:

there's an overlap on the different forums - take the original  Brexit thread for example when it was the build up and the vote -
Questionmark (American) took route and was posting day and night - you never met Questionmark did you - he went AWOL
just before you joined --- three toes - was a prolific thread starter --- bit like you --- ;) - LOL -

Questionmark and I butted heads a few times, so yes, I have indeed met him. As for being a prolific thread starter, anything to get discussions away from conspiracy theories and demons... :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Clair said:

Questionmark and I butted heads a few times, so yes, I have indeed met him. As for being a prolific thread starter, anything to get discussions away from conspiracy theories and demons... :)

re the bolded - no you didn't - - -  but never mind --- back on topic -  :D

1 hour ago, Ashotep said:

The deck was stacked against him in this debate.  Holt wasn't a moderator, he was the third debater, which is what Clinton wanted.  She has to keep the scrutiny off her for obvious reasons.

All I can say I'm not that invested to the extent that I look that deep into the tit and tats ... normally anything that carries that banner of Ad Homs usually ends with a leisurely scroll stroll past the post ~

~

Just now, bee said:

.re the bolded - no you didn't - - -  but never mind --- back on topic -  :D

Um yes I did, and it was epic. Shame you missed it. But yeah, back on topic...

3 hours ago, Clair said:

The flu huh? Regardless, he still should have been able to outperform someone with 'brain damage'  don't you think? As for being sexist, hardly. It was a commentary on Trump's gendered attacks. But what I should have written was that he 'got beat up by a stumbling, brain damaged old broad, with a hacking cough, double vision, Parkinson's, pneumonia, blood clots, and limited mental and physical stamina.' There, is that better?

LMAO.. I knew it would just be a matter of time before they regretted jumping on the conspiracy bandwagon. Anyway, Hilary did well, but not great. Same with Trump in my opinion. I really don't think it matters who won the debate because the two are so different and there's no way existing supporters will be swayed. And because neither performed so well, I'm not sure what that does to the undecideds. I look at it this way... the first debate is sort of a dry run.. a testing of the waters. Hoping for better the next time around.

• Like 2