Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Presidential Debate - LIVE

Daughter of the Nine Moons

*snipped, doesn't further the conversation* :whistle:

Edited by -ZZ-

1 hour ago, South Alabam said:

I saw 3 question rigged against Trump. Like the one asked about cyber security. I said" yep, here it comes."

"And Donald supports Putin breaking into and hacking our cyber security, etc.. bla bla bla."

I thought that one was a shoe in for Trump to wipe the floor with her. The fact that he didn't is not a good sign. 

He's marketed as the strong guy who won't let anyone walk over him like they have Obama. But he wimped out here.

• Like 3

The Holography worked a treat. Or was it the double on duty ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Habitat said:

The Holography worked a treat. Or was it the double on duty ?

Ah yes. That explains the lack of fecal matter.

7 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

And she didn't soil herself once.

That we know of...:P

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I listened to the audio only. Trump interrupted/talked over Hillary and the moderator, droned on, obfuscated and went off topic for the first half of e debate. He did, however, get better in the second half

She was doing it too.  Holt was trying to prevent him from answering unlike Hilary.  And Trump was doing fine in the first half and started to lose it in the second, but other for some good zingers, she never had it.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

No coughs or seizures. No evidence of brain damage. And she didn't soil herself once.

As I said earlier, there was clear evidence.  My wife is an SLP (someone who's qualified to notice) saw two incidents.  They were so clear that even I saw them.  With Hilary, my wife has taught me what to look for.

• Like 1

SLP ? 

I'm just tried of everyone complaining about the government and how bad it is. Stop voting for the usual. In this case , Trump is the one against the norm. We should give him a shot at it. It can't get much worse.

I mean how will the middle east view a country with a female leader? I'm not sexist but they sure are.

• Like 1

She beat the hell out of him. She had plans, details and was precise. He couldn't even answer Lester's straightforward questions, he just rambled.

Edited by Vlawde
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, FTWind said:

I'm just tried of everyone complaining about the government and how bad it is. Stop voting for the usual. In this case , Trump is the one against the norm. We should give him a shot at it. It can't get much worse.

I mean how will the middle east view a country with a female leader? I'm not sexist but they sure are.

You would allow disapproval by misogynistic cultures to influence you against voting for a woman ? Wow !

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, FTWind said:

Who cares what the Middle East thinks.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

You would allow disapproval by misogynistic cultures to influence you against voting for a woman ? Wow !

I'm sorry I see the world and how it is. How many countries have women leaders? How will we have peace talks when those countries won't even speak to our president?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vlawde said:

She beat the hell out of him. She had plans, details and was precise. He couldn't even answer Lester's straightforward questions, he just rambled.

She didn't have plans.  She just parroted the old, tired Progressive platform.  That's the antithesis of why Trump is our Brexit.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, FTWind said:

I'm sorry I see the world and how it is. How many countries have women leaders? How will we have peace talks when those countries won't even speak to our president?

You don't need a penis to negotiate with other countries.

• Like 1

Just now, Habitat said:

Just now, Habitat said:

Yes America has come along way in its equality among its citizens . Though that does not mean the rest of the world beats to the same drum. 

1 minute ago, FTWind said:

You seem to advocate the lowest common denominator approach.

• Like 1

I'm not saying a women couldn't do the job a man could. I'm saying is that in the time we live in foreign negotiations would be rather hard for a women compared to a man.

9 minutes ago, FTWind said:

The world is not ready for america to have a women president. Especially amongst all the problems we have in the world.

The world and this nation is very ready for a woman President...just not this woman.

• Like 5

There have been plenty of women in charge of major countries, the sky never fell in, mind you none of this implies I am a Hillary fan. You are not arguing a strong case to say the USA should fall into line with some tin-pot dictatorship that does not like women in power !

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Michelle said:

That we know of...:P

52 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I reckon Trump is the only one who cacked his pants. He got beat by a brain-damaged person, apparently. He floundered badly, constantly interrupted and missed almost every opportunity to attack her.

I almost felt sorry for him. Just about anyone else would have been more effective.

• Like 2

I was disappointed in both quite frankly, although I suspect their respective supporters were not, and ultimately that's what matters to them. Given how close this race is I expected them both to be significantly more 'presidential' and prepared than they were, although Hillary was ahead of Trump in that regard. Trump especially needed to appear ready for the job. He did not. Trump did well however on the free trade issues, but was erratic and incoherent in other areas. He was unprepared for example, on how to deal with ISIS, among other things. He was also easily rattled by Clinton, who on the other hand led a very fact-based debate and managed to hold herself together fairly well, although she seemed too rehearsed to be sincere.

As someone who doesn't want either of them in office, the debate merely served to solidify that opinion. I personally do not believe either would be exceptionally good for our country and the last thing we need at this critical time are a couple of questionable candidates who lack not only integrity, but sanity as well. It boils down to which of the two would cause the least of amount of damage, because invariably they both will.

• Like 4