Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Daughter of the Nine Moons

The Presidential Debate - LIVE

273 posts in this topic

White Unicorn
18 hours ago, Vlawde said:

I thought Lester should have been more forceful in this. Trump kept interrupting not only Hilary but Lester himself, when he tried to keep Trump relevant to the topic

Trump's microphone was working for us and Trump kept going overtime with  comments! 

Trump is supposed to be a business man and went to college. Didn't he have oral communication and debates in college? It was required courses when I went to school. The first thing you are taught is respect the time and commentator etc. Answer the question with details and how it works and what it will accomplish, don't mention opponents views it gives more time and consideration to them! 

I was amazed that he was acting like his campaign manager during interviews, she always takes shots at Hillary first and avoids the question asked until the end, if at all.  I think for her it's a strategy to get media coverage to hit Hillary on more liberal media shows. But for Trump to do that during debate it uses prescious time. The moderator should have had shut off mike control after time was up,LOL, how could Lester have been more forceful? 

Polls are meaningless unless they are done with statics and real sampling groups. I'm still waiting for better ones to come out. The voters who vote is what counts in the end. 

I was surprised how many things Hillary missed hitting Trump on, so I don't think she used her ammunition up yet as some think. How are we going to get all the actual important issues and solutions discussed seriously when the commentator goes overtime just trying to get a direct answer to questions? 

Even if I didn't watch opposing rallies and this was all I saw, I would say Hillary won. Trump when asked about US nuclear first strike policy said he was with Obama's policy change to  avoid it accept as defense. Later he says, I'd leave it on the table to use!  OK if that's true that he supports a  new US policy change then he's saying he'd still use the option of breaking the policy he supposed agreed with? 

I laughed my butt off when he fell hook line and sinker to women and race discrimination issues  when he said  said  Hillary didn't have the look or stamina. She commented enough to bring out his defensiveness. He even brought up Rosie O'Donnell deserves it etc and dug his own grave by the way he reacted. 

Reagan was an actor, state politician, and union leader, he was not considered a serious presidential candidate just like Trump. Trump wants to think of himself as Reagan, but as the business world would say, he's not polished enough to take on the job. He doesn't want to learn to be a politician but wants the highest political job in the US. 

I remember Trump saying he could profit in his businesses just  by campaigning for president and I really think that's his bottom line, that he doesn't care if he makes huge political mistakes.

Edited by White Unicorn
  • Like 4

Deleted
10 hours ago, psyche101 said:

If anything was going to swing someone towards Trump, I reckon your recommendation would probably be it. 

Well, then I guess Trump voters don't need to listen to anything what their idol says. They rather base their decision on random people on the internet. It figures.

Varelse
5 hours ago, Ashotep said:

The deck was stacked against him in this debate.  Holt wasn't a moderator, he was the third debater, which is what Clinton wanted.  She has to keep the scrutiny off her for obvious reasons.

• Like 3

South Alabam
Just now, hellwyr said:

Well, then I guess Trump voters don't need to listen to anything what their idol says. They rather base their decision on random people on the internet. It figures.

Trump is the only thing keeping Hillary, who has been a liar, and unethical, since 1974 at Watergate, and continues to lie, and continues to do unethical things, a span of 42 years, out of the white house. Trump may not be the greatest candidate, but the dirtiness of politics, and the liberal media have bought us to this crossroads.

• Like 2

Lilly

I'd change the rules to bar discussing any personal matters (pertaining to either candidate). I'd also bar the moderator from getting involved in the debate (Mr Holt is not running for President). The debate should be about the national issues...not all the other nonsense they keep delving into.

• Like 2

spud the mackem
8 hours ago, Lilly said:

Trump had a cold at the debate. Clinton had pneumonia at the 9/11 memorial. Very little of consequence, people get sick every now and then.

Trump speaks to his base like he always has (no surprise there). Clinton speaks like a life long politician (no surprise there).

What I'm interested in is what plans they have for the economy, national security, immigration, social programs, education, job creation, protection of the Constitution. You know, issues that actually matter. I don't care about overweight Miss Universe or who Mr Clinton is messing around with...or any other personal issues that have no consequence.

Also, why do people who aren't Americans seem to care so much about our election? To be quite frank, I don't get all that involved in the politics of other nations....just seems odd that others get so worked up over ours.

Hi Lilly I'm Brit and have commented on your election the same as a load of Americans commented on our Brexit which had nothing to do with America but the reason that us Brits are interested is because we help each other out in bad times and not many Countries in the world like both of us, personally I don't care who leads America as long as we stay friends and defeat terrorists..

• Like 1

Claire.
46 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I'd change the rules to bar discussing any personal matters (pertaining to either candidate). I'd also bar the moderator from getting involved in the debate (Mr Holt is not running for President). The debate should be about the national issues...not all the other nonsense they keep delving into.

I agree, but some personal matters speak to character and those which are relevant (and based on fact, not speculation) should not be disallowed in my opinion. But the petty nonsense both candidates have indulged in needs to stop.

• Like 1

Noteverythingisaconspiracy
9 hours ago, Clair said:

As for why people who aren't American caring about our election... They don't care. They just love to hate us. We're out there. We impact people and nations. Everyone's so kissy kissy when they need us, and total jerk-faces when they don't.

Until now I was not aware that I hated America. Thank you for enlighten me about it.

I hate Americans.................. apparently. :wacko:

• Like 1

Claire.
28 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Until now I was not aware that I hated America. Thank you for enlighten me about it.

I hate Americans.................. apparently. :wacko:

You're welcome.

Ashotep
11 hours ago, Rinna said:

Yep it's virtue signaling. Classic move by Clinton, call him a sexist, racist, all while trying to keep the moral high ground she has no business being on. 

Watching her in the debate was almost sickening.  To me she came off smug.

• Like 2

Careful_perspective
5 minutes ago, Ashotep said:

Watching her in the debate was almost sickening.  To me she came off smug.

EXACTLY! She looked so damn smug! She almost reminded me of the joker. The fake laughter, the lifeless eyes. Ugh.

• Like 2

Ashotep
Just now, Rinna said:

EXACTLY! She looked so damn smug! She almost reminded me of the joker. The fake laughter, the lifeless eyes. Ugh.

I thought her eyes looked glassy, guess her medication does that.  

• Like 2

Deleted
3 hours ago, Clair said:

You're welcome.

so you think that trump voter equals American. What about Clinton voters aren't they Americans? So if you critisize Trump you hate America? Something is seriously wrong with some Trump supporters. Anyway, pathetic as always. Trump voters trying to destroy any opposition. (Instead of providing real argumentation they start to whine about the big bad world and foreigners)

psyche101
18 hours ago, FTWind said:

I guess im sexist then and rather stupid. I just see the world and how it is and I cant see electing a woman president will help with foreign affairs. The only reason I feel all of you are saying that my opinion is wrong is for the sake of wanting to say how proggressive the united states and of fear of being called sexist. In my opinion foreign affairs is one of the up most important jobs for our president and I feel that this day and time it is best suited for a man due to the fact of other countries ideals. Besides the president is just a poster child for the united states and im sorry that poster child should conform to other countries ideals. Foriegn affairs ties directly into our economic state. I cant see how people can be so daft .

We had a female leader a couple years back, there did not seem to be any outward hostility in fact I am not sure if anyone other than us even noticed.

She sucked as a leader too. That is what I noticed. Going by Hillary's inclination to resolve situation by war, and the way she has kept her own people in the dark, she might ruin it for future candidates too. 

Claire.
34 minutes ago, hellwyr said:

so you think that trump voter equals American. What about Clinton voters aren't they Americans? So if you critisize Trump you hate America? Something is seriously wrong with some Trump supporters. Anyway, pathetic as always. Trump voters trying to destroy any opposition. (Instead of providing real argumentation they start to whine about the big bad world and foreigners)

Your imagination must be on overdrive because I neither said nor implied anything of the sort.

• Like 1

psyche101
9 hours ago, hellwyr said:

I am not a Trump supporter, I think his attitude is too arrogant and bigoted and his past business deals show he is not all he claims to be. I think he is under qualified by a long shot, just my opinion though from a limited outside viewpoint, the US posters know more than you and I, they are living this race for their own future and dealing with the consequences. I am not even American. But if the only argument you can supply is childish laughter and ad hom comments, then I think your argument is pretty weak. But, I am not a fan of your views in general to be perfectly frank.

Neither of them seem up to the task from my perspective, Glad I do not have to choose in this election.

• Like 2

Michelle
36 minutes ago, hellwyr said:

Unlike you, who provides such profound reasoning on why she should be our next president.

Would you care to add anything of substance that would persuade people she is the right person for the job? I'd love to hear it.

• Like 3

psyche101
15 hours ago, Lilly said:

Also, why do people who aren't Americans seem to care so much about our election? To be quite frank, I don't get all that involved in the politics of other nations....just seems odd that others get so worked up over ours.

America is a world leader that sets precedents, even the people who do not like America must admit this much, the US is the benchmark for the Dollar, Nuclear Weaponry and a huge player in international trade. It gets noticed, and the world cares about how the US will lead us into the future. 

And we get quite some media coverage. I honestly doubt the levels of such are reciprocated. 

• Like 2

psyche101
7 hours ago, Lilly said:

Probably a very good point, Richard Dawkins stopped allowing moderators at his debates, He claimed they tend to get in the way just as things get interesting, He did his last promotional tour "The Unbelievers" with Lawrence Krauss and no moderators, and it has been considered a huge success. 

psyche101
50 minutes ago, hellwyr said:

Hang on, these are the "Deplorables" you are referring to - right? 

Good thing Hillary does not criticise average people hey. That would just be pathetic - right? 

• Like 2

Deleted
52 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I am not a Trump supporter, I think his attitude is too arrogant and bigoted and his past business deals show he is not all he claims to be. I think he is under qualified by a long shot, just my opinion though from a limited outside viewpoint, the US posters know more than you and I, they are living this race for their own future and dealing with the consequences. I am not even American. But if the only argument you can supply is childish laughter and ad hom comments, then I think your argument is pretty weak. But, I am not a fan of your views in general to be perfectly frank.

Neither of them seem up to the task from my perspective, Glad I do not have to choose in this election.

I am living in the US. Nope only Trump supporters behave like that. (the same as their idol).

Also I am not argumenting in favor of Hillary, since I do not believe that anyone of those who are activly supporting Trump are willing to change their mind. Well, but who knows maybe I am  uneducated since I must be living outside of the US and as such I lack the necessary tools to make an appropriate picture of Trump. (You know internet, Tv..etc doesn't exist outside of the US)

Edited by hellwyr
  • Like 1

psyche101
20 minutes ago, hellwyr said:

I am living in the US. Nope only Trump supporters behave like that. (the same as their idol).

Also I am not argumenting in favor of Hillary, since I do not believe that anyone of those who are activly supporting Trump are willing to change their mind. Well, but who knows maybe I am  uneducated since I must be living outside of the US and as such I lack the necessary tools to make an appropriate picture of Trump. (You know internet, Tv..etc doesn't exist outside of the US)

I only know of Trump through the media, which is why I am here asking locals. If they see something in him, perhaps the media is not getting the full story across. I am one of those people ignorant to the local situation, I can, and have offered my perspective from a world stage, but that could well be something differnt to what America sees. Either way a local perspective is necessary. We can see his flaws quite clearly as the media portrayed, but I also see Hillary's flaws exposed, however, only after I hear about it from these same posters. That has to offer at least some validity to the situation as the posters see it as they are aware of these events before the rest of the world is. Both are problematic, and many posters seem to recognise that too, it will be interesting to see how the US people deal with this difficult choice, and how that pans out. 

South Alabam
Just now, psyche101 said:

I only know of Trump through the media, which is why I am here asking locals. If they see something in him, perhaps the media is not getting the full story across. I am one of those people ignorant to the local situation, I can, and have offered my perspective from a world stage, but that could well be something differnt to what America sees. Either way a local perspective is necessary. We can see his flaws quite clearly as the media portrayed, but I also see Hillary's flaws exposed, however, only after I hear about it from these same posters. That has to offer at least some validity to the situation as the posters see it as they are aware of these events before the rest of the world is. Both are problematic, and many posters seem to recognise that too, it will be interesting to see how the US people deal with this difficult choice, and how that pans out. 

What It comes down to is this. Had the Republican party fielded a better candidate, then Trump wouldn't be up there on stage. I won't waste a vote on a 3rd party candidate, and I sure as hell won't give Hillary my vote. That leaves Trump.

And you can see media bias is clearly present, even during the last debate. I just don't by the hype that Trump is such a hothead, that he will throw a temper tantrum, and start launching nukes, and all the other garbage they spew about him.

I read yesterday that the State fire Marshall in Florida had to turn away 12,000 people from his Melbourne rally because the crowd was so large. Yet Hillary has not even drawn 12,000 since Aug 1st, to all her rallies combined.

Not to mention that she may have received the debate questions a week ahead of time  http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-conservative/2016/09/hillary-clinton-got-debate-questions-in-advance-3191958.html

From the article: The reporter from Fox questioned campaign staff about the intern, but campaign staff at first claimed ignorance and then claimed that it was just a Fed Ex employee who had already left. No reporters present who had seen the intern dressed as a Fed Ex employee go into Mook’s office saw him leave by the same front entrance. The Fox reporter who recognized the intern also immediately looked outside of the campaign headquarters and noted that there were no Fed Ex vehicles parked outside.

That is why I say if Hillary wins, this election is stolen.

• Like 2

Lilly

The thing that actually bothered me the most about the debate was Mr Holt's 'one sided' fact checking. Now, I'm not enthralled with either candidate, but if the moderator is going to jump on Trump over inaccuracy he should jump on Clinton over inaccuracy as well.

See article about this here: http://observer.com/2016/09/lester-holts-one-way-fact-checking/

• Like 1

RavenHawk

10 hours ago, psyche101 said:

I only know of Trump through the media,

Unless you temper that with the Conservative view points, then it is just the MSM.  And that is very biased.  So biased that they have failed their moral obligation of being the 4th Estate.  Someone like Lester Holt has lost all credibility.  Unfortunately, not only is it the world that gets most of their news about us through them, so too do Hilary supporters.  They do not do their homework.  They are in denial of the whole story.  I know many in personal life, some that I am close to.  They are so brainwashed that I have to let them go and wish them the best.

which is why I am here asking locals.

And why I am answering.

If they see something in him, perhaps the media is not getting the full story across.

The MSM is getting the story they want across in full.  The people see something in him but the media is out of touch.  All people like you know, is that Trump called someone Miss Piggy and that translates to insulting all women.  It’s right out of the book of dirty tricks.  The thing is, is that there is no proof he said it.  Only an allegation from someone of questionable back ground.  The bottom line is that she gained 70 pounds and that put her in breach of contract.  He had every right to be hard on her to build up her esteem.  That happens thousands of times in the business world.  One is expected to be responsible for their actions in abiding by the contract.  Not to mention that this person is on the Clinton payroll.  To be honest here, how many of the men and perhaps a number of the women on just this forum, when you see someone overweight in public, your thoughts are not very kind?  So let me ask you as a non-American, do you think we have more important issues to deal with?  So you see such accusations, do you think less of the one accused or the one doing the accusation?

I am one of those people ignorant to the local situation, I can, and have offered my perspective from a world stage, but that could well be something differnt to what America sees.

It’s no crime to be ignorant of another nation’s politics.  I appreciate such perspective.  It just reveals how much the Progressives are hacks in using shotgun techniques.  I apologize that non-Americans are getting hit with this garbage.  Is their (Progressives) desperation clear and evident?

Either way a local perspective is necessary. We can see his flaws quite clearly as the media portrayed, but I also see Hillary's flaws exposed, however, only after I hear about it from these same posters. That has to offer at least some validity to the situation as the posters see it as they are aware of these events before the rest of the world is. Both are problematic, and many posters seem to recognise that too, it will be interesting to see how the US people deal with this difficult choice, and how that pans out. 

If this is a crucible where all of one’s past sins are exposed, which is the way it should be but there is plenty to expose on both sides.  You have someone who may or may not have called someone Miss Piggy, thrown insults at Rosie O’Donnell and Megyn Kelly (and have made up with Kelly) and that has been erroneously made into be representative of the Man’s character despite the testimony of the many more women that know him personally.  And then you have someone who gets millions of dollars from nations that mistreat women and is never taken to task, someone who attacks the women that her husband has fooled around with calling them bimbos, and someone as a lawyer who knew the client was guilty of raping a 10 year old, laughed at getting him off.  What kind of character is that?  We all have bits of anger and use stereotypes and attributes to hurt others.  But are not her actions more hurtful to many more for personal gain?

If the Media is your only source, then you need to be sure you get all the sources for both candidates and compare history, dirt for dirt.